[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my hips have been constantly sore since i started squatting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: hip%20pain%20horizontal[1].jpg (92 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
hip%20pain%20horizontal[1].jpg
92 KB, 400x300
my hips have been constantly sore since i started squatting.

i dont really feel it when doing normal stuff or even when i am squatting. but sometimes when putting on shoes or some other akward movement i will get a flare of pain in my hips. as if the tipe of my pelvis wants to leave my body.

i keep trying anything to solve this but nothing helps. the only thing that changed is that my knees and lower back are sore now to from trying to squat more upright.

i think i need to stop squatting untill my knees feel normal again as well. so will the legpress put pressure on any part of my joints? or should i just do hip thrusts for a month instead.
>>
Have >>35376952

If.you want an honest answer, ask Shakira's hips
>>
>>35376952
Get dual hip replacement surgery, and proceed to drown in pussy after you hit 500kg atg squat with your newfound cyborg gains.
>>
>>35377070
>>35377142
senpai plox
>>
>>35376952
I've experienced this when I started lifting for 2 months. That was 3 years ago though and I stopped since then because of the pain.

Now I started lifting again 2 weeks ago and I've surpassed the numbers when I stopped.

I was squatting 1pl8 when the pain became unbearable. Now I'm squatting 1pl8 and I've never experienced the pain again.

I would suggest eating more and start right back up from a lower weight, maybe 50% of what you're doing now.

I was and I'm currently doing SS, btw.
>>
>>35377147
Ok, fine. I'm no doctor but my buess guess is you're irritating your IT band, foam roll and massage, amd be sure to warm up properly, but bionic man status is the only true way to make it.
>>
I had this problem before. I found its because my hipflexors were acting up on me. Ever since I've used lacrose ball and stretching to stretch it out, I've had legendary mobility and no pain after.
>>
>>35377167
Edit: or hip flexors. Same course of treatment.
>>
>>35377162
i m sad to say that in my 6 months of lifting i only reached a 80 kg squat and sadder to say i reached that point at least 4 times before having to try a new form.

>>35377175
i got a foam roller for christmass. can i use this on the hip flexor?

also what stretches increase its flexibility ?

i was thibking about doing some stretching everyday when waking up for 10 minutes anyway. i really want to be able to do leg raises without looking retarded
>>
>>35377162
>>35376952
I also forgot that you should do the squat stretch. You squat to the bottom and you use your hands to push your knees apart. You should feel the stretch in the problem areas.
>>
I've been doing like a yoga stretch, but back leg is straight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQmpO9VT2X4 (if you can tolerate the pain). I sometimes do this drill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQmpO9VT2X4 . I find that foam roller doesn't work as well as lacrose, because lacrose really pinpoints the area. Also try stretch out your hamstrings. I find that properly stretching hamstrings+ hipflexors give me super flexibility. This might be different for you.
>>
I've never really had issues with knees, so maybe my problem isn't the same as yours.
>>
>>35376952
you more than likely have scoliosis
>>
>>35377175
do this
>>
Glute activation. There's a video by monster squatter Chris Duffins on how he warms up before squatting 0n Breakingmuscle website. Try dat
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.