[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/. Will rowing destroy my gainz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: background01.jpg (192 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
background01.jpg
192 KB, 2304x1728
Hey /fit/.
Will rowing destroy my gainz?
>>
>>35376941
what gains?
>>
File: >rowing.jpg (57 KB, 468x536) Image search: [Google]
>rowing.jpg
57 KB, 468x536
>Rowing
>Gains
>>
No actually Rowing and cycling are the two forms of cardio that are least likely to interfere with weightlifting because the muscle used are more similar to lifting weights. As opposed to running which uses almost none.

Or so the studies I read said.
>>
File: 1434885868624.jpg (63 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1434885868624.jpg
63 KB, 1200x900
>>35377011
>running
>muscle used = almost none

Kek

Also you forgot swomong
>>
>>35376941
Rowing is good for HIIT desu senpai :)
>>
>>35377061
Your reading comprehension is pretty low isn't it? Muscles used that are similar to weightlifting.
>>
You'll get fit as fuck from rowing if you combine it with lifting. if you erg every single day and do power lifting at least once a week you get some great gains plus get excellent cardio. just look at any university team and you'll see what im saying there are some huge guys in rowing
>>
>>35376941
Rowed in highschool, I was pretty strong on the erg. Had to do most of my training myself because the team i was on was full of a bunch of fucking losers so I quit and trained myself.

There's a lot of professional coaching out there in regards to what's best to do on the erg. I still erg almost every day, the only exceptions being days where I'm literally too sore to get anything out of it.

>>35377063
>>35377619
As these two have said, do HIIT and combine it with lifting. I like to row when I get to the gym, and do all my lifting after. But that's because I personally prioritize that. I can't remember the exact statistics but I've also heard that HIIT before a lifting workout increases muscle gain and all kinds of shit like that.

You can set up the machine for Intervals. My workouts lately have been 10 intervals of about 250 meters with 1:30 seconds rest in between sets. Doesn't sound like much, but I pull low splits and just focus on power. You'll get really strong lats and it works your core too. Like any repetitive motion though it's all about form. You'll get sore or throw your neck or back out if you're doing that shit wrong so watch some videos on youtube i guess.
>>
>>35376941
> tfw got selected out of the heavywe8ght crew
> tfw lightweights have a spot
> trying to lose 12 pounds over xmas
> goodnight gains
> hello skellington
>>
File: IMG_0874_NEW_Rotator.jpg (98 KB, 1000x525) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0874_NEW_Rotator.jpg
98 KB, 1000x525
>>35377000
> Posting lightweights
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.