[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>5'11, 226 lbs >decide to eat healthy in order to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: healthy-food-stocks.jpg (143 KB, 1118x746) Image search: [Google]
healthy-food-stocks.jpg
143 KB, 1118x746
>5'11, 226 lbs
>decide to eat healthy in order to lose weight
>eat nothing but fruits, veggies, brown rice, brown bread, soy, little meat and whole grains for a whole month
>main goal was to develop a habit of eating well, and after 3 weeks I'm automatically buying the healthy stuff so success
>feeling great, full of energy, really excited to check on my progress after the 4th week - finally stood on the scales
>I've gained 10 pounds
>check to see if the scales are broken
>nope.jpg

t-thanks /fit/.

Am I to assume my problem isn't so much of what I eat, but how much of it?
>>
>>35376876
READ THE STICKY DUMBASS
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 325x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 325x375
Maybe you are just gaining muscle breh.

Do you look better in the mirror?

Eat clean to get clean.

Cmon!
>>
>>35376876
jesus man this is like one of the main points in the sticky.
>>
faggot, if this aint bait.
you are supposed to reduce carbs and increase lean meats.
carbs are full of calories, even if whole wheat.
>>
You should eat less anon.
>>
>>35376894
>Do you look better in the mirror?
not really.. I think I look slightly fatter, but it's hard to tell since I was already fat
>>35376909
Well I wasn't really counting calories, cause I figured if you're eating healthy that's half the work, and I'll lose weight eventally. I guess I'll have to count calories too? And maybe start doing some sports
>>
>>35376924
calories are what matter when losing weight. doing sports will make it quicker, and you wont end up looking like shit once you get to your desired weight.
ex lardass here
>>
>soy
Enjoy your mantits.
>>
you can lose weight on candy if u wanted, as long as you consume less calories than you burn.
>>
you dont even have to eat all the healthy foods at the start. Take a plate and fill it up with your usual meal when you were fat then remove 1/3 of it. If you still dont lose weight doing this then you are probably a lying fatass
>>
File: Einstein_laughing.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Einstein_laughing.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>35376876

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

READ

THE

YOU

FAT

AUTIST

>HOW DOES PHYSICS WORK THE POST
>>
>>35376876
>diet: what you eat and how much
>weight training: increases strength and coordination
>cardio: increases endurance and heart health.
All three are important and work together. If you half ass it you get half ass results. You're ass is huge, so maybe you thought that you'd still get progress.
>>
>>35376924
>Well I wasn't really counting calories

So you ignored the only thing that actually matters for weightloss and you're now surprised your diet is not working.
>>
Losing weight without training is a bad idea. A common situation is that people lose weight but make no effort to retain muscle (girls are especially bad for this). This results in fat loss, yes. but also muscle loss, so they shapely body remains just as elusive despite the fat loss. They keep dieting wrongly, and as a result they end up skinny without fat or muscle, and their physique is flabby and useless, often resulting in bad side effects such as bad posture, poor sleep, being more prone to injury etc.

OP, find out the number of calories you need to maintain your bodyweight at your current activity level (your TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditure). This is the number of calories you need to eat per day in order to remain the same weight. Don't worry about confusing yourself with guesses - everything is accounted for in the TDEE.

If you want to lose weight, eat below that (a normal deficit to shoot for is 500 calories below the TDEE). Make sure plenty of these calories are from protein, 30-40% from protein is a good number. Try not to go above 30-35% of carbs, either (and make sure you eat good carbs, you obv know this already though). Make the rest of the calories you need up with healthy fats.

Lastly, train using weights if you want visible muscles. Details covered in the sticky. Do a calisthenics workout id you aren't so fussed about big muscles or if you want to be 'toned' (calisthenics fags don't get buttmad). Also go running 3 times per week or more, it makes losing weight easier.

There you have it. Follow this advice and you can't go far wrong. A great man once said "unless we change direction, we are likely to end up where we are headed".
>>
>>35376876
>NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS THE POST
>>
>>35376924
If you ate 100 lbs of kale a day, do you think you'd gain weight (assuming you don't shit your brains out)? Yes? I guess the quantities of the foods you eat matter.
>>
>>35376876

>eat nothing but fruits, veggies, brown rice, brown bread, soy, little meat and whole grains for a whole month

>fruit
Fructose
>brown rice
Carbs
>brown bread
Carbs
>Whole grains
Carbs

Eat more protein, less carbs. Eat less overall.
>>
>>35378702

you need carbs you retard

enjoy having no energy and wasting protein you eat
>>
>>35378749
I have been in ketosis for over 2 months now. I've eaten less than 40 NET carbs/day, and I feel as good as I ever have. You're a fucking retard. All you literally need is protein, GOOD FATS, and fucking vitamins/minerals/phytonutrients.

Eat good protein, good fat, and fibrous veggies of every color, and you'll be much better off than some faggot eating >180 fucking carbs daily to meet their "macros" and get their "energy".

Again, you're retarded desu senpai
>>
>>35376876

Just count your damn calories if you want to lose weight. There is no secret formula or certain types of food that you should eat in order to lose weight. Regardless of what retards in any fitness magazine will tell you, it's calories in, calories out, end of story. You will not lose weight until you're sure that you're consuming fewer calories than you are burning.

Eating clean tends to make this easier, because "cleaner" foods tend to have less caloric density and more nutrients, but you can lose weight eating McDonalds every day as long as you're counting your damn calories. There's a shitload of great apps out there with awesome databases that make it really easy to do. So, just fucking do it.
>>
>>35378749

I said LESS carbs, not NO carbs you goddamn mouthbreather.

Also;
>wasting protein you eat

Not eating carbs doesn't "waste" the protein you eat you broscientist.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.