[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Femanon. 5' 6", 330 pounds. I'm thinking of starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15
File: 001.jpg (644 KB, 845x903) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
644 KB, 845x903
Femanon. 5' 6", 330 pounds. I'm thinking of starting a water fast to jump start some weight loss. I'm already exercising where I can. It's light exercise, walking, aerobics, dancing, because of a knee injury related to my weight. Have to take it a bit easier.

I'm diabetic, and have hypothyroidism. Today is the start of the fast for me, nothing but water. I'd like to maintain this fast for 40 days.

I want your thoughts and opinions here on what you guys think it'll do, or if there's anything else I should be doing along with it. After the fast, I'm going to be starting on soylent 1.5 to reintroduce food slowly, and learn to strictly calorie count.

What do you think this fast will do to me? I realize a lot of the weight that'll come off will be water weight, but I had hoped it would force my body into ketosis, so I can rely on my fat stores. Enough is enough, and I wanna make it, god damnit. The new year is going to be a NEW year for me! I am hell bent on it.

Look forward to hearing from you all, harassment included. Fat shame me, I don't care, at least I'm doing something about it. Much love, /fit/.
>>
>>35376676
I'm gonna give this a little bump, to be certain it's visible, and wait around if anyone wants to talk/ask anything, etc. I appreciate your help.
>>
File: 1449438630556.jpg (147 KB, 1078x926) Image search: [Google]
1449438630556.jpg
147 KB, 1078x926
Post pics so we can assess your situation.
>>
>>35376676
>have hypothyroidism
More like hippothyroidism.
Read the sticky. Fasting is retarded for someone like you and will not work. And the fucking sticky explains why.
>>
>>35376683
I don't have any pictures like that of myself. My situation is bad, I'll tell you that. I've got ptosis in my breasts, a B shaped belly that hangs down a little bit, and rolls on my back and sides. My thighs are huge, and I have a double chin that's big, too.

>>35376698
I've read the sticky, but I'll read it again. Thanks for the advice. This fast was my doctor's idea, so I thought I'd come here to people who also know about it.
>>
>>35376683
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>35376701
>This fast was my doctor's idea
Find a new doctor.
>>
If this is real you shouldn't be trying something stupid like fasting, cause you'll be hugry and hate it end up feeling worse and end up failing it and be another person that says 'some people can't lose weight' litteraly just start counting the calories and eat less than 2000 a day for about a month or two and you start seeing results
>>
>>35376676
>nothing but water for 40days

Yeah.. No, don't even start. You won't make it and will probably end up with more weight than now.

Just use a simply diet with clean food and eat less than your TDEE. Maybe do intermittent fasting if you like it.
>>
>>35376715
I could certainly try. I go to a bariatric doctor, this was just the recommendation. What do you lot suggest?

At this point, I'm willing to do anything. I don't want to have to undergo bariatric surgery. I'd rather have the feeling of accomplishment, and hard work. I'm trying to build up my self-worth, since the lack of it is what landed me in the bad cycle to morbid obesity to begin with.
>>
File: Fat anatomy 1.jpg (91 KB, 463x600) Image search: [Google]
Fat anatomy 1.jpg
91 KB, 463x600
>>
>>35376726
>I'm willing to do anything
Even eat less and move more?
>>
At 330pounds the fast won't do shit. Seriously, you need time and patience to lose weight and 3 days of starving will only have a negative effect on you. You weight so much that you obviously have serious issues with your relationship with food, cause it's not easy to get into that number.

So the chances are high that the hunger and shock your body will suffer will only make you binge like no tomorrow sooner or later.

Fasting isn't a way to lose weight, so I suggest that you cut all the sugary foods from your diet, start eating from a tiny plate and drinking water. Also go for a walk every day, every fucking day.

You are so big that you'll lose a lot of weight like that. No need for fasting and it really doesn't give you anything positive at this point. It's basically a meme or good for people with a somewhat normal relationship with their diet. You clearly don't have, so do not fast. I repeat, you do not fast.

It's also important for you to think about the psychological triggers which made you gain weight in the first place. You don't get that big by just adding some dressing on your salad. Why do you eat? Is it boredom? Are you trying to eat away some feels? Have you been bullied or abused? Loneliness maybe?

You need to understand what makes you eat like that. So, what's your reason, anon?
>>
>>35376754
If you want to know my honest reasons, I'll tell you.

My whole life, my entire family has had an unhealthy relationship with food. Most of the men in the family are truckers, the women are homemakers. We were all poor, and of course, no one taught anyone money management.

Myself, personally, I've experienced a lot of trauma, neglect, and abandonment because of my mother. I have psychological issues from her behaviour and treatment of me growing up. I got depressed, lazy like her (she's bigger than I am), and yes, used to eat out of boredom. I got myself into a cycle of it, and used to eat away feels all the time. I've been trying to only eat when I'm hungry, and I've lost a bit of weight from it. I was 360 or so about 7 months ago. I've been feeling the drive to keep losing weight, because it makes me feel better.

I am pretty lonely, even though I'm married. Husband works a LOT, and works night shift, so nothing to do here at home. Like I said, though, I've got soylent in the house, but I feel like it isn't enough of a shock to my system to make the weight drop.

I will implement what you've said, though. I like walking, and I could do with some walks. I'm new to my area, so I could explore. I'm not really sure what else to say but those are my reasons through life. Just stress, boredom, depression, my bipolar. I used to be able to binge eat a lot during manic episodes, like an entire pizza, for example. I can't physically do it anymore.
>>
>>35376676
I really doubt not eating for 40 days is healthy in any way. Try eating carbs in the morning and an hour before exercising. Other than that, keep all meals strictly protein and fats. It's not easy, but it's simple. And only water/tea (NO SUGARS EVER) In about 2-3 weeks time, the sugar-addiction starts to fade, but only if you say "no" to every sugar-opportunity. This is just advice, you can do whatever the fuck you wanna do
>>
>>35376779
>I'm 330lbs and fully supported by my husband and want to lose weight so I can dump him and trade up please help me silly boys XD
Here's your reeee. It's the holidays so I won't even raise my voice.
>>
>>35376779
Good that you are being honest and that you recognize your reasons. That's a great start!

You've already taken the first steps on this journey. Remember, that time goes by, next year there will be Christmas just like every other year. It's up to you how you spent this time between Jan-Dec. You can use the time by eating shit and feeling&looking bad or you can invest time in your health and well-being and look and feel a lot different next Christmas. Remember this at bad times, cause there will be those; you'll feel bored, you'll feel that there's no progress and you might as well eat everything cause nothing matters. (Everyone who has lost weights knows those feelings.)

Personally I've noticed that when I crave something, I drink water and go out for a walk. This usually stops the crave. Don't give up on it, and you'll overcome it and literally forget it.

You gotta know and believe that you can do it. It's all about will power, tackling the obstacles. It's not going to be easy. I suggest that you write notes to yourself around your house. Not negative and hating ones, but something which will motivate you.

I have struggled with the lack of feeling of self-worth with myself, and those silly notes around house really helps. As you said, it's important to love yourself. If you hate yourself, it's easy to abuse food cause you don't wanna treat well people you don't like. I know the feeling.

And everytime that sound of self-doubt starts talking to me or I have those "you are disgusting, you are worthless" thoughts in my head, I start singing Christmas songs and silence the sound of self-doubt. Again, it's a silly thing but you know the saying, what ever floats your boat.

Godspeed anon. Don't give up. Make yourself routines, like prepare meals beforehand and go to a walk every morning and evening at same time.
>>
>>35376830
I don't want, or need to trade in my husband. Believe it or not, not every woman is unfaithful, and vapid like that. He started losing weight, and gaining muscle mass when he started working.

It's inspired me to do the same thing. We used to lead a very unhealthy lifestyle together, and he was pretty tubby. Not anymore, though. I'm finally pulling out of a big depression in my life, and I want to be the woman he wants me to be. For him, and for myself. I owe myself happiness, doesn't everyone?

Thanks, though, honestly.
>>
>>35376830
Go fuck yourself with your insecurities. I'm a fit woman myself, I have a pretty face and I'm in a happy relationship with a man who's over 10 years older, less educated than me and who has love handles. Love him to bits, and I don't wanna upgrade to him to some model dude cause that little pumpkin makes me laugh and has a magical dick. Wouldn't trade/5, believe me or not.
>>
>>35376853
>she didn't say poorer than me
Ding ding ding
>>
Someone as big as yourself doesn't need to fast. Just cutting back your calories 25% should produce a pretty decent weight loss. My main tip would be to eat lots of soups and salads. They're hella low calorie and fill you up for hours so you don't get tempted.
>>
>>35376676
i'm no doctor, but doing a water fast while you are diabetic sounds like a sure fire way to become hypoglycemic.
>>
You are going to quit after 3 days. I make this assumption because if you are 330 pounds AND diabetic you obviously have no discipline or willpower.

The fact that you are already "taking it easier" is a telltale sign that you will fail.

Do us all a favor and start this Titanic of a plan on January 2nd so you can wash out with the rest of the NYRs
>>
>mfw thinking about hurting you
>>
You have to stop making excuses. You've already made a million of them in this thread and NONE OF THEM excuse the fact that you have chosen for years to overeat. You are fat because you choose to overeat.

In order to become a normal sized person, you will have to choose not to overeat. Not for a day or a week or a month. You need to choose to eat normal portions forever. You also need to accept that even doing this, it will take at least a year before you become normal sized. More likely 2 to 3 years.

Exercise will be a very small part of it. You got obese by continuously choosing to eat too much food. Exercise can't take that back, and it literally cannot nullify it if you choose to continue eating that way.

Come to terms with all of this now and either proceed accordingly or get back to your trough.
>>
>>35376676
Doing something as stupid as that you'll fail and probably get worse. Like 99% of NYFags. If you really are serious just cut your cals by 25-35% and be more active. It is the only way you'll make it
>>
>>35376676
enjoy your ketoacidosis
>>
Pls b in Bangladesg
Thank you com agen
>>
>>35376703
No, stupid. you say that to the non-obese ones. Idiot.
>>
>>35376797
I would suggest eating a much-lower-carb diet also. And this includes fruits and vegetables--basically, you want to avoid eating anything made from plants.

You will be drowsy in the mornings when you get up, so that is the time that you can have a small amount of carbs.

When you switch to eating mostly protein (with fat!) it is surprising how long you can go without eating. It is easy to go 10-12 hours without being hungry at all. You may very well change to eating only two meals a day, plus the morning carbs.

Also it is good to have proper bloodwork done occasionally also, at 30 days and then every 90 days get a CMP/lipids/HC1 testing. It is possible that your body can react bad to eating this way, but you're not going to just drop over dead. The tests will show if something's way off.
>>
>>35376676
Bro at 330 you juste need to not eat like 10000kcal/day to start losing weight lmao shits easy
>>
>>35376779
I don't have your issues, and don't have weight problems, so not sure I'm qualified to advise. But here goes anyway.

I think you need to see a mental therapist, as well as ( or instead of) a dietician. Use the time to work through you're unhealthy relationship with food.

One of the things I've come to understand about obesity, from reading posts from the obese here, is that gross obesity is a mental issue. My wife is a therapist and the stories I hear from her re clients backgrounds are very similar in terms of background and behavior to substance abuse.

Start counting your calories for everything that goes in your mouth, more so you can gain a sense of what you're eating. And find a therapist that works in substance abuse.
>>
>>35376676
The fast seems to me like a bad idea, I think such a dramatic change will only make you go back to older habits quicker because you're trying to take on too much too quickly.

Obviously your diet could use some work: start slow, start with portions. Instead of having a burger and fries, just the burger. Have one or two less slices of pizza than you normally do, slowly phase soft drink out.

This alone should start to see some weight loss. From there, start to phase in healthier foods and out the obvious bad stuff.

You don't need a diet like a professional athlete, you just need to watch it a little more. Once you start making REAL progress, that's when I'd start calorie counting.
>>
File: jeff2.gif (2 MB, 217x376) Image search: [Google]
jeff2.gif
2 MB, 217x376
>I'm fat and I want to lose weight
>so I think I'll just fast for 40 days

If you couldn't stop eating your entire life to get that fucking fat what makes you think you can pull off a 40 day fast.

Just eat healthier like a normal fucking person.
>>
>>35377348
Literally this.

Make a myfitnesspal account, count your macros, eat less.

At your weight, even a moderate decrease will have impressive results pretty quickly. You're putting EFFORT into maintaining that weight, even if you dont realize it.

And yeah, see a shrink. People dont get that fat without some kind of unhealthy relationship with food.
>>
>>35376726
>I'm willing to do anything
>Never stops stuffing her face with insane amounts of calories

Ok
>>
>diabetic
>40 day water fast

Isn't this suicide?
>>
>>35376676
>at least I'm doing something about it.

>today is day 1

Lmao

Day 1. Isn't even noon yet. And you're already looking for validation.

0 chance of success.
>>
>>35376853
>he also owns his own business but I went to college so I'm more educated.
>>
>>35377643
Not if you take insulin as needed and supplement correctly.(and have the fat)
>>
File: 1436478454788.png (35 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1436478454788.png
35 KB, 800x600
>>
File: 1450035220034.png (532 KB, 396x748) Image search: [Google]
1450035220034.png
532 KB, 396x748
>>35376676

why dont you for once behave like a normal fucking human being and do normal things?

you before:

>eat like an elephant

now:

>only water

whats wrong with you??

cant you just obey the law of physics and simply eat around 300-500 calories less than your body needs to lose fat without doing STUPID FUCKING MEME SHIT?

You god damn fucking fat hippo whore.

USE THE BRAIN IN YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USE IT ONCE IN YOUR FUCKING LIFEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
>>
>>35376676
>The new year is going to be a NEW year for me! I am hell bent on it.
sure

In case this isn't bait

good luck, fag
>>
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>35377088
>>35377688
>dem dubs of truth
>>
>>35376676

I dont think you need a water fast at all. What help is short term gains when you're in need of a long term strategy? Sure the loss may motivate you, but you will inevitably stagnate with this method which means you have just deferred the motivational hurdle.

Good luck, it's a noble cause, and never skip leg day. Also >muh sticky
>>
>>35376676
OP, don't do crazy shit like this. You're just going to cause yourself needless suffering. Just count your calories. Google TDEE calculator, figure out how many calories you should be eating a day for maintenance and then eat 20% less than that. You should lost about 2 pounds a week. It may seem slow to you but losing weight any faster can be dangerous. Part of getting fit is learning to be patient.
>>
>>35376676
>water fasting for over a month

lol fucking fatties man. Every time. How about you just diet and watch your calorie intake. Stop inhaling 3000+ calories a day.
>>
Look up DNP. Use it properly to the fucking letter.

If you fuck up with it or don't do it right you'll look like this
>>35376734
>>
>>35376676
what are fats always so impatient, calorie counting. its basic science its a unit of energy
>>
>bullshit diet gimmick

Just eat less you fat piece of shit.
>>
Just do this,
If you don't know how many calories are in what youre about to eat, don't eat it. That's how you lose weight in America. Sorry babe, but ignorance is not your friend in this
>>
>>35376676
>5'6" 330
Stopped reading there
Put down the fork for about a month
Just fast
Drink water and fast
You are almost 200 lbs overweight
Each pound of fat has 3500~ calories
You could literally not eat from now until June and stay alive
>>
>>35377157
Read this. Changing your diet is a lifestyle bb. Go take a 200 dollar gen. Nutrition class at your community college. Learn.
>>
>>35376676
>Femanon. 5' 6"
I'm in
>330 pounds
bye
>>
File: jew says hi to his fav poster.jpg (41 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
jew says hi to his fav poster.jpg
41 KB, 992x744
>>35376853
>love him to bits
>>
File: 1449864553079.jpg (104 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
1449864553079.jpg
104 KB, 580x580
>>35376676
>Fat shame me
Oh we will
> I don't care
Yes you do, you fat fuck
>at least I'm doing something about it
You'll quit before february
>Much love, /fit/.
Go back to tumblr
>>
File: 1442784033085.jpg (91 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1442784033085.jpg
91 KB, 640x640
Five bucks says OP kills herself on some bullshit diet from a magazine
>>
>>35376726
There ain't nothing wrong with a short term water fast. I would never do it more than a week tho.

Just eat less in general afterwards.
>>
>mfw I don't weigh half as much as OP and I try to gain weight
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-26-10-10-11.png (238 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-26-10-10-11.png
238 KB, 720x1280
>OP weighs more than the average gorilla
>>
>>35379324
>fat is not a bad word
>hates it when you call her fat
>>
>>35376779
Blah blah muh psyche problems

Fuck off with this shit. Just admit you are a shorty person with no self control and are tired of being stuck with a cuck of a husband.
>>
>>35376676
>tl dr
But seriously these nyr fags need to stop making threads
>>
SAGE

HIDE
>>
File: EZeWFjo.jpg (142 KB, 740x1000) Image search: [Google]
EZeWFjo.jpg
142 KB, 740x1000
>>35376676

FUCKING DISGUSTING AND FAT WOMEN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO POST CHRIS PRATT

FUCK OFF AND DIE BREEDERRRRRRRR
>>
File: 1450328545639.jpg (31 KB, 436x399) Image search: [Google]
1450328545639.jpg
31 KB, 436x399
>>35376676
yeah okay
>>
File: 1438823631222.jpg (10 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1438823631222.jpg
10 KB, 285x298
>people falling for bait thread
>>
>>35376701
>This fast was my doctor's idea
i'm not falling for this bait
if this is true then whatever happens is natural selection
>>
>>35376779
>>35379502
I will NEVER understand how people "turn to" food when they are stressed or sad or whatver bullshit excuse they through around

Can someone explain this shit to me?
>>
File: 50-cent_.jpg (54 KB, 617x529) Image search: [Google]
50-cent_.jpg
54 KB, 617x529
>>35376676
>Today is the start of the fast for me, nothing but water. I'd like to maintain this fast for 40 days.
I don't know anything about being morbidly obese and losing a couple hundred pounds, the biggest cut I've ever done is maybe 20 pounds. But fasting for that long sounds like a bad idea. For one, it's going to be very hard to do and you're probably going to want to give up and binge eat. A common problem with weight loss is people adopting extreme diets that they can't stick to, instead of just gradually moving to a healthy diet. Any reason you're not considering doing the latter instead?

If you are still intent on fasting, a liquid diet would be better than a water diet. Get a juicer and drink fruit and vegetable juice or smoothies. Protein shakes, milk, etc. Some people have done that and lost weight.

I'd still recommend going with a conventional diet+exercise approach though. Liquid diets are going to cost you a lot of muscle mass too, not just fat. Pic-related did a liquid diet to look like a cancer patient. Unless you're going for the cancer patient look, extreme diets and extended fasts are not the best choice
>>
>>35379324
>fascist
>>
File: tfw.jpg (236 KB, 1600x1193) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
236 KB, 1600x1193
>>35376676
Do not do a water fast

Drink lots of water, yes, but eat appropriately for yourself
Eat lean meats like chicken, whole grains, rice, and plenty of fruits and vegetables
Do not coat your shit with huge amounts of butter or margarine or anything like that

Use an exercise bike to make it easier on your knees

Listen to me, it's absolutely fantastic that you want to lose weight and are willing to do it
But understand that this is not a quick thing, this is something that takes time and is a gradual change in lifestyle rather than a quick diet and rebound

Read the sticky, understand the sticky, and be prepared to work for the long haul. Don't measure yourself every single day or something silly like that, your weight will fluctuate a lot with the amount of water you're carrying - it doesn't mean shit for fat loss

Best of luck to you, and don't be afraid to come back and ask for more advice anytime
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.