[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1450451501009.jpg (148 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1450451501009.jpg
148 KB, 960x960
Hey guys here's the situation, I'm a skinnyfat 18 year old who hasn't touched weights in a yearI have at my disposal a barbell plates & a rack, I'm about 5'10 160lb 18% bf probably, I'm wondering if I should start bulking to like 200 or If I should cut first, also what routine I should do, my rack has like a pull up bar and shit and my plates have handles, so I'm thinking a modified starting strength? I also have shitty posture & my shoulders are rolled forward heaps...
>>
sauce

>5'10"
>160

definitely bulk
>>
My fucking test
>>
MUH DIK
>>
>>35375372
yea i thought so, and i got it from s
>>>/s/16366589
>>
>>35375367
start bulking. if you are just getting back into it don't go crazy at first, do lots of stuff to build up strength and range of motion in your shoulders/rotator cuffs. also, lunges, planks and deep body weight squats are your friends for the first two weeks. you want to get everything moving, flexible, and starting to build back up before you try to clean 225 and break something.
>>
>>35375423
Yea fair enough, I don't have a bench at my disposal so what should i do for chest? I cant even do pushups because my shoulders hurt so much.
>>
>>35375434
like i said dude, get the shoulders going first. if you are slouching, don't even worry about chest. get your shoulders, traps and rotator cuffs into action before you do anything else upper body related. your posture will automatically improve and you will be able to do everything else properly when you have arms that stay in their sockets. Start with like 3lb dumbells and do range of motion (ROM) type stuff. seriously if your shoulders are that bad just spend like 2-3 weeks doing shoulder, rotator cuff and upper back stuff, planks, lunges and deep body weight squats.
>>
>>35375476
thanks man, my shoulders are definitely fucked, i'm also going to aim to spend less time on the computer
>>
>>35375367
I'm in a similar situation but not quite as fat as you. I'm 5'11" 155 and around 15% I'd say. My problem is I still have a lot of fat around my lower back and ass so I am reluctant to bulk.

I'm cutting down to 10% first and then I will bulk. My thinking is even though I will be small as hell at least my face will look good. Bulking while being fat just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>35375548
Yea I'm going to do a cycle when my strength is back anyway, thinking 6 months from now, since I'm pretty much 19 and done growing and I never plan on having kids.
>>
>>35375554
that's dumb, you're dumb.
>>
>>35375567
i know, i just dont care
>>
>>35375423
Not the OP. But can you point to any good materials or got any advice on that? I've been lifting 3 months here and I keep developing twingy pains in places like the shoulder that I'm sure is because of my shitty mobility.
>>
>>35375367
OP here, I tried doing 20 pushups and barley got it, fucking hell I'm a weak piece of shit now.
>>
>>35375567
Thats gay your gay im gay
>>
>>35375591
the Men's Health big book of exercises is actually a pretty good place to start. get that book and read it like it's the dark souls gamer's guide. And then read it again. it has a lot of decent pre made workouts, and you can make your own just off the info they have in the book. give the shoulders section a look. Also, avoid the need to do macho stuff. You don't need the "beach body workout" or the "add 50 lbs to my bench workout", you need the "unfuck my shoulders workout" Big gains and pretty aesthetics can only be built on healthy, flexible, solid, foundations.
>>
>>35375367
don't fucking bulk. eat at maintenance or slightly higher than maintenance (200 cal over). Eat plenty of protein. Don't fall for the bulk-cut meme, just slowly recomp/bulk and enjoy a nice body, steady gains, and not having to fart every minute.
>>
>>35375960
eating a 200kcal surplus is still bulking dumb dumb.
>>
>>35375968
tell someone "I'm bulking", they ask "how much are you eating?" You answer "200 calories over maintenance" and they'll laugh in your face. Technicalities aside, calling that diet a "bulk" is grossly inaccurate and obviously needs to be qualified with another term or another name entirely (eg slow bulk)
>>
>>35375984
I get what you're saying but that is just semantics. Any time you are gaining weight you are bulking. I would call a 200kcal surplus a lean bulk but it's still a bulk.
>>
File: 1443859768881.jpg (156 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1443859768881.jpg
156 KB, 474x595
>>35375367
Stand with your chest out faggot. Best advice i ever got.

Yeah do startung strength. But since youre a teen, dont neglect doing bicep curls or skullcrushers. You need to develop your arms NOW. But definitely do legs and chest as well. The deadlifts should develop your core
>>
Buy a band and do band pull aparts to fix your posture
>>
>>35375984
Any calories surplus is bulking you fucking dumbass. Just because you're a sugarcraving degenerate bulking on 5000 kcal doesn't mean that's the only way.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.