[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i want to have the physical capabilities of infantry or, maybe,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: yknVF.jpg (89 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
yknVF.jpg
89 KB, 960x720
i want to have the physical capabilities of infantry or, maybe, navy seals. i guess it's not really about size but endurance, so lots of repetitions and cardio?

any tips? mind you, im 6'5''. thx
>>
infantry is not that hard lmao
>>
>>35373231
God 3/4 of those look inbred and the other looks illegal.
>>
File: 300 confirmed kills.jpg (81 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
300 confirmed kills.jpg
81 KB, 600x300
im training for recon marines atm, which is basically special operations
you train very similar to SEALs prepping for it
basically you train like a triathlete except replace cycling with walking with a backpack on lol
just look up BUD/S warning order and do the workout in there. youll get a solid ottermode and super great at endurance

the only thing i would add is some lowerback exercises like hyperextensions on the rest days since it has you do several situps monday wednesday and friday
>>
long distance running is a good start.
>>
Should one do cardio on lifting days or rest days or both if training for military?
>>
>>35373482
depends on your job
deskjob? you can basically run and lift like a normal person, maybe 3 days lifting 3 days running etc.
infantry/SOC? nigger you probably should be running right now and not be on 4chan
>>
>>35373506
Joining as 68W in 6 months hopefully with an op 40 contract, if not I'd like to go RASP after I finish AIT. My PT isn't great now but I figure I can max my APFT by the time I ship for basic

I'm currently lifting 3 days and running a 5k on my off days. Thinking about tossing in swimming/rock climbing on the weekend
>>
>>35373269
Were you a grunt?
I bet not
It's not hard I did it but I have a feeling you have no idea
>>
File: 1435427727805.gif (2 MB, 215x177) Image search: [Google]
1435427727805.gif
2 MB, 215x177
>>35373231
You can do BUD/S warning order by Stew Smith. That's what I've been doing for a while.

Would I be able to run SS with accessories and calisthenics, with cardio/swimming on off days to train for SF properly?
>>
>>35373530
marinefag so idk the abbreviations lol
id reccomend running more often if you want RASP. also id recommend intermittent fasting because thats actually how they eat there, 1 meal a day
idk what the swim quals are like but just doing that 3 times a week should be fine
for the runs just do 5 days a week, and alternate between a 2 mile run timed and a distance one.
>>
>>35373605
did he really write that? i was told it was something made in the 80s but i could be mistaken
>>
>>35373609
>1 meal a day
As a ranger i can say youre full of shit

Squats were the only lift i did to prepare for rasp. Everything else was bodyweight and cardio. Get good at running 5 miles
>>
>>35373625
I don't even know desu, I just remember it was on his website and he might've put his name on it.
>>
>>35373605
russian men should be culled.
>>
>>35373297
>recon marines
>special operations
Enjoy being glorified Combat Camera you fucking faggot.
>>
>>35373641
Routine? CBT? It'd be nice to know how to better prepare for a role like that and what to expect
>>
>>35373291
One looks inbred, the other three look like average guys if they have different clothes and hair
>>
File: 1366226098673.gif (2 MB, 380x171) Image search: [Google]
1366226098673.gif
2 MB, 380x171
>>35373673
>cbt?
I meant current body
>>
> be dyel
> buy a gun

Congrats you are a soldier
>>
>>35373687
Current body wouldnt make sense since ive been in awhile now.

Just run and do bodyweight shit every day. If youre able to confidently pass the pt test and 5 mile run youll make it as long as youre not a bitch. There was 1 person who failed rasp because of pt. the rest quit or had a heat injury.

I was dyel by /fit/ standards when i went through. Its really all mental
>>
Anyone know anything about navy fts contracts? Specifaly IT
>>
>>35373605
What exactly happens in this gif? Looks like they get stabbed then randomly pass out, but it's kinda hard to see.
>>
>>35373759
How was your PT when you first went to basic?
>>
>>35373834
Some chick gets stabbed and goes "wait what hang on" before falling down in some other chick's arms.

They're ruskies I believe, so it's okay
>>
How do I become a SEAL (or equivalent) /fit/? I want to dedicate my life to my country and drop out of school
>>
>>35373842
I was a 330 or something right before, only 291 after.
>>
>>35373857
Finish school, do well on ASVAB, talk to recruiter, ask about SF, train, don't be a bitch.

I don't even care this is b8 desu
>>
Just run everywhere all the time & get good at bodyweight excercises

Phoneposting rn but i had an article by an obstacle course trainer which had a training regimen that would have you in top condition for blowing the physical requirements out of the water in about 3 months, i'll see if i can find it
>>
>>35373922
Please do, dubs man. Find it
>>
File: 1437845248423.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1437845248423.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
>>35373291
How does the second guy from the right look inbred? Looks pretty good to me
>>
>>35373864
Damn, I'm sitting at like 200 right now. Good thing I only started training like 3 weeks ago. Gotta get my shit together
>>
>>35374161
Good luck. The hardest part for you isnt rasp, its gonna be socm
>>
>>35374198
Thanks mate, I've got 6 months to get my PT up. I'm pretty excited for SOCM(it sounds like they turn you into a medical wizard), so there's no fucking way I'll quit RASP.
>>
Stronglifts 5x5 for building a solid strength base?
Doing lots of running as well, with some swimming thrown in.
>>
>>35373231
So what most modern armies do now a days is a lot less long distance running and endurance and more high intensity training. The fitness tests usually involve shuttling sandbags and throwing sandbags from the floor to 1m up the wall repeatedly. The thought process is that this is more similar to what soldiers will be doing in modern combat, not running 6 miles at a time.
>>
>>35374052
I like dat pepe mayn.
>>
>>35373570
It isn't hard.

No I'm not a grunt but I've lived on a VSO site and carried a 249. It sucks. It isn't hard. Fuck off with muh blue cord gayness.
>>
File: flowerpepe.jpg (19 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
flowerpepe.jpg
19 KB, 225x225
>>35373231
>one life
>sell it
>>
Air Force fag training for CRO.

Here's what I've been doing.
http://www.navysealteams.com/warning.htm
http://thede.tripod.com/ol-h.html
http://scoobysworkshop.com/zero-to-100-pushups-for-complete-beginners/

You'll need to be doing running, swimming, and calisthenics on a regular basis
>>
>>35373231
Train BJJ and you could wreck Navy Seals. I recommend BJJ and MMA cause BJJ limits some shit like leg locks and MMA doesn't and adds strikes which is what BJJ is missing.
>>
>>35375642
not actually joining anything, i just want the fitness.
>>35375172
what? thought them fuckers were rucking all day long
>>
I have 6 months to get in Navy SWCC shape. Can I get some advice?
>>
>>35373857
If you get a GED you can join the warrior challenge program SEALS SWCC EOD Air Rescue Navy diver
>>
I was in the infantry OP trust me its just made up of mostly out of shape chain smokers. Me included.
>>
found this, guys:

https://www.cervens.net/legionbbs123/showthread.php?11147-Legion-preparation-training-program

training for the french foreign legion
>>
>>35373530

If its not in your contract you're not getting RASP unless you re-enlist.

Get it in your contract if you want it or you're going to be sitting in garrison holding your dick for 4 years.

Don't listen to their "you can always request it later" - you can request all the shit you want but you'll never get any of it.

Run more. Run faster.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.