[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you engage your biceps while doing curls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: me curling phone.jpg (26 KB, 432x324) Image search: [Google]
me curling phone.jpg
26 KB, 432x324
how do you engage your biceps while doing curls
>>
squeeze
>>
help i can't do curls
>>
Put a carrot up your butt thick side first before ever entering the gym
>>
>>35373106
Wtf is a curl?
>>
>>35373912
Its fapping
>>
Think of the curl as a movement pattern rather than a bicep exercise. You flex your elbows and most of your arm musculature flexes along with the bending of the elbow. When you face your palms upwards, the weight pulling your arms straight is mostly negated by tension in the biceps.
>>
>>35373106
>Stand straight
>Hold bar with palms facing away from you
>Dig elbows into sides
>Using elbows as anchor points, use solely your biceps to lift the bar up to your chin
>Do this quickly, hold for 2 seconds, and lower the bar slowly back to the starting position
>Repeat this for as many reps as are in your set
>>
whisper
"biceps, engage"
to yourself repeatedly while doing your curls

nobody will think you're crazy
promise
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 480x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 480x469
>>35373106
>>
>>35373106
midway through the motion sneak a lunge in and before you go up use your other hand to bring out a box with an engagement ring. Go back up and repeat this process with your other arm.
>>
>>35374617
dead
>>
>>35374626

mm this nig hansome af
>>
>>35373106
How do you NOT engage you biceps when training back? My biceps are cucking my back of it's rightful gains. Biceps are bullshit.
>>
>>35376375

You can't. If there's elbow flexion under load, your biceps are gonna be involved.
>>
>>35376380
Of course, but when I'm doing low pulley rows for example, I tend to feel it in my bicpes, not my back, and if I do a longer set, my biceps get tired and pumped, while my back doesn't.
>>
Pinkies towards shoulder is a cue that worked for me.
>>
>>35373106
Do seated incline curls, guaranteed to target the biceps 100%
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.