[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey fit I need your help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: vgainzss.png (316 KB, 918x688) Image search: [Google]
vgainzss.png
316 KB, 918x688
Have any of you guys ever actually tried going vegan?

Did it affect any of your lifts, in a good or bad way?

pic related is this guy on saw youtube that is way more aestethic than anyone I have seen on this site and he advocates going vegan
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn8Rd3efEqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWEccLATJI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qRd7-cbXes
>>
>>35372577
Tried. Bad effects. Low energy, constantly feeling weak. Could do max 1/3 of what I could do on a omnivore diet and it took ages to build any muscle.
>>
>>35372577
I'm vegan, I'm a lot more motivated recently but you have to eat diversely. It's also pretty hard for me to give up on cheese.
>>
>>35372605
Those videos are racist, ve gains is yellow and that is just a white man being racist.. nice try though you CIS bigot
>>
>>35372606
These all sound like signs of low test, maybe you should get that checked out. I doubt it had anything to do with the diet
>>
>>35372686
I'm female
>>
>>35372699
My point still stands, you are CIS gendered scum
>>
>>35372710
Pathetic
>>
>>35372715
How does it feel knowing that you have oppressed people for years based on things they can not control. You filthy dog fucking slut
>>
>>35372736
Have someone hurt you anon?

mfw thinking of you hurting
>>
>>35372736
good
>>
>>35372577
Doing it currently. It's fine, but the vast majority of vegans fuck it up by eating like shit. Protein is somewhat harder to come by, and Seitan will become your new lord and savior because of it.
No, seriously, Vital Wheat Gluten is comparable to chicken breast in protein/calorie while being cheaper/calorie. Does taste kinda shitty though. Wouldn't bother unless you like
eating the same food daily. I do it as a daily meal plan because I like to cook and it's cheaper but still eat meat once every couple of weeks.
>>
>>35373031

Proof that females are inferior and why I will never marry
>>
>>35372605
VG is a smug cunt but those videos are really bad at trying to criticize him and the guy clearly knows nothing about bodybuilding and nutrition
>>
I lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks. It was bad....
>>
>>35373096
Of muscle I am guessing? Or were you a dillusional skinny fat fag that justified his phyqiuqe by a numbr on a scale
>>
>>35373095
Why is he a scum, because you do not agree with him? Go back to R9k bro
>>
File: Untitled.png (40 KB, 958x350) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
40 KB, 958x350
>>35373095
pic related

i fucking 4chan.
>>
>>35372577
>turning yellow is aesthetic

maybe if you're a simpsons character
>>
>>35373593
>>35373593
I think richard is funny.Pic related Richard doesn't just talk shit on the internet this made me really like him.
>>
>>35373095
stay mad ;)
>>
File: images.png (13 KB, 570x258) Image search: [Google]
images.png
13 KB, 570x258
>>
>>35372577
Fucking disgusting and disrespectful that someone would disgrace Zyzz's image with this faggot's smug gay face. Yes I'm mad. Anyone who likes this faggot get the fuck off my board. You do not belong here. Vegans do not belong here. This is a health and fitness board, not a "I starve myself and lose all my gains because animals feelings ):" board. I'm Get. The. Fuck. Off. My. BOARD.
>>
>>35372577
Tried it twice. First time got really weak, started to crave sucking cock. Quit. Tried again and went right back to the cock cravings, was blowing every dude I could find, then I felt obligated to start every conversation with " Well I'm a vegan...."

Veganism will fuck up your life, your wife will leave you, and you'll get fired and have to become a flight attendant. Plus herpes and the HIV.
>>
>>35375712
Lol look at this zyzz obsessed sperg shitlord! Zyzz had a mediocre body and weird face, if he was still alive he would be vegan right now
>>
>>35372577
>vegan
Why is it that you guys don't know the difference between vegetarian and vegan? 'Vegan' means you also don't use any animal products of any kind, like nothing made of leather, and no animal by-products as ingredients in non-food items, nothing you own can have any part of it that came from any kind of animal. 'Vegetarian' is just a dietary choice. Seirously, why can't you guys get this straight?
>>
>>35375755
>mediocre body
oh, now, let's see yours
>>
>>35372577
>vegan
Anyway.. unless you like really boring food because of few real choices, and possible malnutrition due to a lack of some amino acids in your diet, don't try vegetarianism. It's very difficult to get a complete array of essential amino acids in proteins from plant-only sources, especially without getting either too much fat or too much carbohydrate, and also too much fiber. Additionally, every single vegetarian I've ever known has been skinny, weak, suffering from one chronic health problem or another, and every last one of them have cognitive problems that are due to a lack of certain amino acids. Would not recommend, especially if you're trying to bodybuild. Forget the people who are spreading FUD about meat and just eat it, prosper.
>>
>>35372577
I went vegan about 3 months ago, purely for ethical reasons. Id been lifting for around 2 and a half years prior to that, at 6'0 91kg I could dl 160kgx8 bench 90kg x 5 and squat 140kg x 5. Still my lifts are going up regardless I now dl 180x5 bench 90x9 and squat 155x5
You wont notice an immediate change in your strength and performance as soon as you go vegan, I'm not going to lie either youd probably be a bit weaker in your first week vegan, but after that everything returns to normal, you learn to eat more which is great, cramps on rest day will go away , youll feel more alert, healthier and vegan food tastes amazing when you buy actual substitutes like vegan pepperoni pizza and vegan chicken and mushroom pasties. When you go vegan you just replace things, milk - soymilk , cheese - dairy free soya cheese or dairyfree cheese powder, butter - sunflower butter. There are vegan substitute s for literally everything and in this day it is so much easier to go vegan

What made me go vegan was Gary Yourofsky the best speech you will ever hear , and his interviews on TV
I highly recommend people watch them
>>
>>35375814
Well have you ever tried going vegan? And looking at all the options we have available?
Everything you get is from plants, the meat you eat was from the body of an animal that ate soy grains and other dead bodies of diseased farm animals, even animals have to have b12 supplements now. Stop filtering your nutrients through somebody elses body. Human protein requirements are extremely low. With 50-60g per day I am still building muscle, it would be hard not to get protein if you lived on fruit, gorillas diets are 99% bananas and are they weak?
its all about carbs, and on 400g to 500g carbs a day im stil losing fat even without doing cardio. Going vegan flushes the shit out of your system
The vegan population makes up a small percentage of the world, and the vegans also associated with fitness make up an even smaller percent. Google Ryan Nelson.
Those vegans youve met must be doing something wrong then, either not getting enough vitamin d or b12 all vegans I know are perfectly healthy.
Also meat eating is not just the cause of health problems and treatment of animals.
It causes war and racism. If now in the world a child is taught to be nice to the dog, be nice to the cat and be nice to that dolphin, be upset when someone hunts a lion but hey that turkey slice its neck open its christmas, that cow sear its horns off whilst its fully conscious. But if a child is taught that thr chicken has every right to live, that spider has every right to live that cow has every right to live just like you. How is that child going to look at others who are a different colour, size and shape in hatred?
>>
>>35376568
>Also meat eating is not just the cause of health problems and treatment of animals.
>It causes war and racism.
This is why people mock vegans
>>
File: 1449124389415.png (178 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
1449124389415.png
178 KB, 1190x906
>>35375755
>if he was still alive he would be vegan right now
>>
was vegan for this summer, lost 5kg of muscle mass and lifts went back to babby
t-thanks
>>
>>35372577
Vegans cannot gain muscle, its a proven fact, unless they take roids.
>>
>>35372577

I think I'm a good case study. Keep in mind my best lift is a 125kg strict overhead.

Went Dr. John Mcdougall starch- based low fat vegan ten weeks back after doing low carb paleo for years. Decided to go vegan as (in my late twenties) my blood pressure shot through the roof, which I suspect was caused by eating huge slabs of fatty meat daily. Other reasons including always feeling sluggish on low carb and finding it very easy to break and binge due to cravings.

What I've found:

- Reading the books of McDougall and Dr Neal Barnard I am very impressed with the level of science on offer - by actual doctors! By contrast it reveals paleo material to be psudoscience, which is generally promoted by the overweight (Cordain) or jokes (Wolf). I got stared in paleo due to reading Chaos and Pain, but, while what Jamie Lewis is doing might work for him, I suspect a blood panel may reveal issues from his pursuit of strength (particularly from his use of stims) and - at every level - he downplays his use of roids.

- The first thing I noticed within days of switching over was unbelievable energy. It was like going from asleep to awake. On low carb (100g max/day) I always felt sluggish.

- I can eat more. 3000-4000/day with typical eating being porridge for breakfast, rice and veg for lunch and a potato based meal for dinner. Snacking on high carb (banana/dates) fruits throughout with smoothies of every concoction here and there.

- Instant weight loss. Even though I'm eating that many calories I'm dropping the pounds. This is in stark contrast to when I was on paleo where my weight would creep up unless I dropped calories significantly. Waist gone from nearly 36 to 34 with no issue.

- Due to eating huge plates of carbs, I haven't even considered breaking the diet in a long time. I would suspect this is due to the constant 'feel good' serotonin high of eating the carbs. I am satisfied therefore why would I cheat?
>>
File: 1411063467384.png (344 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1411063467384.png
344 KB, 693x693
>>35376568
yeah and what about parasites which actually harm us and used to indirectly kill people in less developed societies, like rats and mosquitos, wolves, ...? Should we be nice with them too?

If we dont keep cattle as domesticated animals we would still be occupying their natural habitat with our crops. If we dont fight our parasites they will simply try to eat our food. What is a good course of action in your opinion?
>>
>>35377264

Cont.

- Strengthwise? No drop, or it has increased at usual pace. Feel like I have more energy for the gym and workouts have become more intense.

- Bodywise? I keep getting told I look bigger and more cut. Amazingly quick leanness on this diet. Everything is firmer. Can't believe it really, this time last year I would have told you I would be obese from ten weeks of eating like this.

- Healthwise? My blood pressure dropped within six weeks to the point where the doctor was recommending I come back every six months to "you are in the extremely healthy range". McDougall claims this diet can reverse type 2 diabetes, gives a lot of case studies, and I can believe it now. Additionally - sleep better and dream more, am in a consistently more positive mood

- Dickwise? Huge fucking 10/10 hardons every time I'm horny after noticing my erection quality drop in the last few years. Just found out yesterday that the biggest erection health website (http://www.peaktestosterone.com/) actually promotes this way of eating.

>This won't work I need protein for the gains!

I know the sentiment, I would have said the same thing a few months back, though I haven't found it to be true. I'm getting close to 1g per kg/day (or more if I go bean or lentil crazy) and have found no ill effects from going from 200g/day MINIMUM. I glossed over it for years, but it is interesting how Arnie and Franco only ate 1g/kg for most of their training and ate that with 30g on top when training harder. Additionally Sandow advocated only ONE meat meal a day. It's early, but I'm led to believe this high protein craze was a pack of lies and detrimental to my health.

tl;dr

At the ten week mark going from low carb paleo to low-fat vegan has improved every marker of my health.
>>
>>35372606

Were you eating enough calories? You need to eat a ton of food on low fat vegan to meet 2500-3000 calories per day so much so I would recommend calorie counting at start to ensure).

What you've descrived sounds like someone undereating and has not been my experience with the diet at all.
>>
>>35377272
It sounds like going from low to high carbs works for you and it does for many people especially physically active ones. Why you think this has anything to do with being vegan? If you added bit of daily fish would it really matter?
>>
>>35377297
>If you added bit of daily fish would it really matter?

No, not at all. I think you would get every benefit if you still ate a low fat meat for dinner most evenings.

'Vegan' as a term really gets on people's goats - understandably for the most part - but it's an easy shorthand for 'low fat starch based diet'.
>>
>>35375755
lmfao this fucking guy
>>
>>35377267
Well, there is nothing wrong with self defense. Do you think I'm not going to take medicine if i get ebola? fuck yes. fuck that mosquito

Well, seeing as the land used to enslave cattle and grow crops for them, which is around 80% of all grains in the US, then the problems would sort themselves out. The grains grown as animal feed could feed 10 billion people on this earth, less land would have to be maintained if we ate it directly.
I remember that per acre of land, you can get 50,000kg of potatoes, and 40,000kg of carrots. but only 360kg of beef. By the world going vegan, we would immediately use less land to grow plants, as we have enough already. Parasites again, self defense.

>>35376975
If children are taught, be nice to the dog, be nice to the cat, be upset when someone hunts a lion, be upset when someone hurts a dolphin. but hey that cow, sear its horns off whilst its fully conscious, rape them and rip their babies away from them when theyre born, that turkey slice its throat open, i want to eat its corpse. They are confused,

If a child is taught, that spider has every right to live, that chicken has every right to live, that cow has every right to live. How will that child look at people, who are a different colour, race, size in hatred?

Also I want to ask you, if you can find a vegan rapist, or a vegan child molester. These people know right from wrong, they understand that raping the innocent and defenseless is bad. But if a non-vegan sees that it is okay to rape in some circumstances, then what do you expect?

Do you think animals start wars or kill each other just because one believes differently than another, or that they go to a different tree than the regular to get food?
Slavery, oppression and greed are all human features.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.