[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ignore last 2 reps because of shit form. I try to be careful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1428557559464.jpg (34 KB, 390x377) Image search: [Google]
1428557559464.jpg
34 KB, 390x377
Ignore last 2 reps because of shit form. I try to be careful with back rounding as much as possible, but it still rounds a little bit. Wtf do I do?

Bonus question: I deadlift with overhand grip and this is the most I can lift with it. Should I switch to over under grip (I don't want to because of the imbalances it may cause) or should I buy straps?

https://youtu.be/rDCF_B0G3T8
>>
Start with your hips lower.
>>
>>35371901

In the last thread I've created they said I should start with my hips higher so they don't shoot up first.
>>
lower hips.
brace harder

When I started a PT instructed that I deadlifted wrong cause I used hamstrings. So I started dl like you and stalled at about 110 kg. The PT was a bodybuilder though and he said that will work my target my back muscles better and I shouldn't target hamstrings. As I got wiser I realized he is full of shit. Lower your hips but not too much, brace and concentrate to pull the bar with both your hip and knee joint at the same time. Both joints should lock at the same time. Once I adjusted my stance my DL shoot up like crazy.
>>
Stretch your hamstrings and lower your hips
>>
do as you do setting up, but physically pull your hips into the movement. You'll feel tension in your hamstrings.

Also focus on pulling your elbows to your back to engage your lats
>>
hips lower
use your fucking hamstrings, it looks like you're pulling with just your back
>>
>>35371883
>>35371920
You got to learn how to use your legs and hips in the deadlift, right now you're pretty much only using your back. You have to feel the tension in your hamstrings when you're at the bottom position. I find that opening up my hips and dipping down before I start pulling helps me.
>>
>>35371883
Hips slightly lower but really the most important thing is straight knees.
Your knees are tracking over the bar, so either arch your butt out harder as you sit back or set hips a tad lower. plus stop playing in your set up, get your shit, get it tight and go.
the DL is explosive.
Source: I pull more than anyone ITT
also dont be a fucktard, pull switch grip or hook.
and when that gives out just buy straps.
>>
>>35372004

Sumo is explosive, conventional is about a steady pull.
>>
>>35371962
hips lower as others said
shoulders right over the bar, your humerus (upper arm bone) should be perpendicular-ish to the floor
get a better arc in your back.

when you're getting the bar off the floor it's a lot of leg drive, then after it comes up to the knees it's hips forward or "mah hip drahve: or whatever the fuck. The reason your hips shot up is most likely because you're not keeping your chest up, and driving up with the chest off the floor. Like I said, it's leg drive at first off the floor. You want your hips and chest to rise at the same rate, and you're very likely to let your hips shoot and chest drop, so you have to actively drive up with your chest to avoid shooting the hips.
>>
>>35372030
yeah because sumo is literally half repping
>>
>>35371883

OP here, will i end up in snap city if I continue to do deadlifts the same way?
>>
>>35372196
/fit/ is so petty sometimes. And by sometimes I mean most times.
>>
>>35371953
>>35371969
>>35371970
>>35371947
This. Use your hamstrings all the way from the bottom to your knees then thrust your hips forward. Just don't go full retard with your hamstrings like this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YbByAe-Hpc
>>
>>35372030
lol conv is explosive as well.
but I mean i pull 550, why listen to me.
>>
>>35371883
Are you putting the bar up to your shins when you start or over your midfoot and leaning your shins forward?
>>
>>35371883

stretch your hamstrings/glutes/quads

optionaly also foam roal your back and legs.

. google eliot hulse, conservative deadlift form orsomething like that. you need to arch your lower back inwards, not outwards like a cat. just takes time, dont get straps. cause that wont fix your form itself will just make you try to lift heavier and more reps with bad form.
>>
>>35372479

ow also google george leemans shit, i think he has some basic deadlift tips aswell, but eliot hulse conventional deadlift tips will help a lot.

here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFnwEsqJABU
>>
>>35371883
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlBMGsRly1c
>>
>>35371883
Your position is fine but you're not doing the final step of that setup, since you're starting high I presume you're going by what Andy Bolton does and if that's the case look at what he does right before he lifts the weight where it's almost similar to hitching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6jTyDglwZU
>>
>>35372268
Yes I mean you're not gonna paralyzed or some shit like that but you might get a herniated disc and that will take a while to recover from 6-8 months depending on how severe.
There is no reason for you not to fix your DL form either especially since you found out it was a problem, you always try a belt as well it always keeps my lower back straight especially when I was doing PRs.
>>
>>35372390
that looks almost like a vertical row
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.