[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SS vs. SL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1438094916633.jpg (97 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1438094916633.jpg
97 KB, 800x800
So I have been doing SS for a month and am wondering if I should switch to SL. Which is simply SS with rows instead of power cleans and chin-ups removed, right?

I don't like power cleans. They are very hard to progress, and don't do much other than helping with the deadlift. And chin-ups don't work my lats as much as I would like them to, while rows do. I know my biceps might get somewhat neglected, but I can simply add curls to the days I do rows. So why not? SL seems more useful, overall.

Kot is always related.
>>
>>35371464

look man. Everyone can follow a program step by step at the beginning but now that you figured out for yourself what works for you and what not you can adjust however you want but keep the core of the program the same.

Just incorporate whatever you can find into it and how it fits yourself best.

Thats how true lifting is done - listen to your body. Know yourself.

Not by reading and following a program step by step like an autist.
>>
>>35371527

That's probably what I will do; SL+curls. I am just asking if people will simply recommed something else, and if chin-ups are really vital, and if there is a way to incorporate them into SL.
>>
>>35371606
Just add chin ups to the end of your workouts. There really isn't no mistery.
>>
>>35371606
Do SL with weighted chins 5x5 on deadlift day

Chins work lats more then rows. Rows work more upper back. Its still important to do rows (to balance out horizontal pushing aka bench)
>>
>>35371652
>>35371660

Wouldn't that overtrain my lats? I would be working them for like 3 times a week.
>>
>>35371810
No it's fine.

Most cases of over training are actually under resting
>>
I do SS with Chin ups on deadlift days and rows on power clean days.
Also front squats on power clean days (done with relatively light weight after the power cleans)

It's worked well for me so far and also I do curls like once a week Bc I can
>>
>>35371464
I do Reg Parks, it's less powerlifting and more just hitting everything over and over
>>
>>35371955

I think it would be pretty hard to recover properly if you trained a muscle group directly every day you worked out.

>>35371993

That one looks weird to me.

5x5 is too much volume for squats; I can progress easily with 3x5. 5x5 for dips looks absurd. And chins and curls on the same day looks like it would lead to overtraining too.
>>
>>35372057
You're forgetting that it's not true 5x5 - the first two sets are supposed to be a warm up.

As for chins vs curls, I've always done pull ups instead of chin ups, don't have an issue with it.

I'm doing it for the second time (took a long time off lifting) but the first time I got my stats to

>100kg bench
>115kg squat
>130kg deadlift
>60kg OHP

which is a bit uneven but my diet was shitty. Made good progress - am making good progress again.
>>
>>35371810
>Wouldn't that overtrain my lats? I would be working them for like 3 times a week.
No

>>35372057
>I think it would be pretty hard to recover properly if you trained a muscle group directly every day you worked out.
So you can squat every workout but it's impossible to train lats every workout? Explain how you're thinking.
>>
>>35372198

I imagine I will just alternate chins and rows+curls.
>>
>>35372057
No you fucking pleb

You train triceps every work day in SL. You have a rest day in between each work day. You won't overtrain ffs.

Stronglifts is
>AxBxAxx
>BxAxBxx

Not
>ABABABABABBABABA
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.