[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any former fatties around? Quick question. How'd you get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: 1437342711562.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1437342711562.gif
2 MB, 500x500
Any former fatties around? Quick question.
How'd you get motivated to go from a fat faggot to your current state? I'm a weak fuck who keeps fucking up when I try, I know I can do it, lost a lot before and then got lazy about it.
I keep losing motivation, even though I know I should keep going. Getting sick of telling myself I'll restart tomorrow.
>>
>>35371290
I dunno man, I lost 40 pounds by lifting/cardio and what I was eating turned into maintenance and I can't bring myself to eat even less to keep loosing weight.
>>
Do you wanna be the fat faggot you are or do you wanna be the guy you're jealous of? When you work out you feel good afterwards and when you pig out you feel guilty afterwards.
>>
>>35371327
Early 2015 I cut down to 1200 calories and did some lifting and cardio and lost like 30 pounds but I barely maintained it, put it on so quickly then in the space of 4 months
>>
>>35371327

Ditto. But it's cold and I would still be dropping two pounds a week if I was cycling. Soon as it gets warmer it's on.
>>
>>35371290
Lost 80lbs(265->185) since feb 2015. Was my first time ever trying to lose weight and when I set my mind to something, I set my mind to it. But yeah, motivation has to be self derived so when you're truly ready to change, you will.
>>
File: Collage 2015-11-17 12_54_35.jpg (306 KB, 1080x1608) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2015-11-17 12_54_35.jpg
306 KB, 1080x1608
I used to be 392lbs. My first motivation was not dying because I was a type-2 diabetic who didn't take care of himself. My second one was more external, it was to be good enough to get a girlfriend. Lost some weight, still didn't get the female attention i wanted but my confidence and self esteem was vastly improved from lifting. So doing it for.myself became.my.motivation and it still is.

I'm 6'4 and 198lbs now. You need to.do.it for yourself if you want to keep the weight off and not regress. Because you will if you do it for anyone else but yourself.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-23-13-06-30~2.jpg (117 KB, 1080x1079) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-23-13-06-30~2.jpg
117 KB, 1080x1079
>>35371914
Me and my aunt the other day>>35371914
>>
>>35371290
My ex gf who was super fit and fucking hot and made me feel like a useless piece of shit. We worked it out together and at some point I was motivated by the results, especially the fact that I suddenly could just buy a pair of pants in my size and they just fit. No struggle, no exotic cuts, nothing. Also people treating you so much differently. It's so amazing that you are suddenly disgusted by your former self and scared to go back ever.

Even though we eventually broke up, my ex gf was all in all probably the best thing that could have happened to me at that point, even though my confidence was completely destroyed in the end. There's no way I could be where I am now without her. Never understood why she put up with me in the first place tho.
>>
File: Collage3 - Copy.jpg (465 KB, 2400x1727) Image search: [Google]
Collage3 - Copy.jpg
465 KB, 2400x1727
I just enjoy lifting mate. I lift only thrice a week btw.
>>
A healthy lifestyle, becoming the best you can be, being proud and genuinely happy about yourself? If you need motivation to do those things you'll never make it. Make it a habit, make it apart of your lifestyle as breathing is and the success you'll experience will be only limited by how hard you work. On the day that the man you are now meets the man you could have become what shall you feel? Contempt? Or regret? What's amazing about the life you've been given is you have the choice to choose, so fucking choose anon.
>>
>>35371914
>>35371928
Jesus fucking Christ, that's amazing.
>>
>>35372017
...wow
>>
>>35372017
>>35372017
How do I cut bruh?
>>
File: BeforeandAfterbest.jpg (213 KB, 1103x917) Image search: [Google]
BeforeandAfterbest.jpg
213 KB, 1103x917
>>35371290
I just made the choice.
I'm pretty arrogant and I just leveraged that.
I did all my own research, read the sticky and then i realized it was just about choice.
I simply chose not to be fat anymore and it was so.
>>
>>35371290
I kept progress pictures and goal pictures. Set something for your home screen (man in the glass for me) you can look at every time throughout the day, and being able to look at how far I've come made it easier to keep going. 75lbs for me, but I'm a turbo manlet and it didn't carry well. Just remember why you started and think of how much better you will look/feel/be. You get what you put in, and you have it in you to go all the way with it. Stop giving up on yourself, cause that's the only one your cheating. Make yourself proud.
>>
>>35372017
great progress. whatcha do for your delts and core?
>>
>>35372033
1 year of consistent lifting after cutting to 80kg first. Cutting for half the time while training as well so you can achieve more if you start out thin.
>>
>>35372070
>Chad
>>
>>35372062
>>35372074

Cutting isn't that hard. Just cut out all carbs and eat vegetables/low fat greek yogurt/quark when you're hungry. The yogurt especially since it helped me reach 120g protein a day without any supplements. Weigh everything you eat and count calories, it's really easy.

Train abs at least twice a week. I mainly did weighted crunches but now I'm only using the ab wheel. Lateral raises and ohp twice a week, at least 3 sets of each.
>>
>>35372087
yes?
dw ive been on /fit/ for longer than you, my frog posting r9k friend.
>>
>>35372141
So what would you usually eat on a day?
Right now I'm eating a 4 egg omlette every day with sausages and veggies

Then having some yogurt

then I eat some chicken with greens for lunch

and chicken with brussel-sprouts, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms for dinner and have my protein shake before I go to bed
>>
>>35372161
i dont care what you eat.
how many calories are you eating? what are your macros?
do you count them?
>>
>>35372181
N-no senpai

it's too hard desu
>>
>>35372017
The best thing is I literally look exactly like what you did in your before photo. Maybe your results I could use as a goal. Thank you. That similarity has given me motivation again. Thanks.
>>
>>35372181
iifym. Only counted protein (120g/day) and calories (1500 while cutting). Wouldn't have been possible without low fat quark desu. Just keto-style diet but while eating rice and other complex carbs sometimes.
>>
>>35372197
Then shut the fuck up about how you cant cut.
You cant cut because you wont choose to.
Like i said, you dont wanna be fat then choose to not be fat.
If you continue to be fat its only because you are choosing to.
Either cut properly or die a fat useless fuck, I don't care, I already made it.
You have all the tools, just make your choice.
>>
I used to be 240 and 6' at my peak, literally all just fat, not an ounce of muscle on me, bitch tits, everything. I just kind of got tired of being fat and as lame as it was Texas marching and dci got me to cut down. Considering you're out in the sun constantly cardio with a 65 pound drum attached to you for 14 hours a day for three months, its hard not to lose weight. Drank like 3 gallons of water everyday, an apple, and a protein bar. Lost 70 pounds in 2 months. I wouldnt do that though, now my lose skin is everywhere and it makes me look like shit
>>
>>35372241
Jeus christ you might be fit, but you're a gigantic obnoxious asshole, I bet you don't have any friends.
>>
I'm 5'10"' formerly 315# now 240# after a year long cut. Enjoying vacation for a week then cutting again to 15% bf. Number one thing is discipline and because you're fat you have none. Fuck motivation. Some days you're motivated but some days you're not.

Start with a food journal and clean up your diet. Eat cleaner, not perfect, but cleaner. Like clean 90% of the time. Then start moving more. Hike, walk in the morning. Sign up for a gym and start a beginner routine. Even if it's Planet Fatness you could do a dumbell/bodyweight routine and build some muscle and not be weak.
>>
>>35372017
How did your first cut work? Did you cut to get super skinny or just an okay weight?

I started off a little flabby, probably skinnyfat, and despite cutting quite a bit my lovehandles remained there. How did you go about solving the lovehandles problem (I've been told fat around your core/belly is the hardest to lose)?
>>
>>35372264
whatever, you are, I assume, a grown ass man. It's not my job to baby you.
If you wanna be fat, fine, that's your choice. I personally think fat people are gross but whatever to each their own. What i wont abide is someone like you half-assing it and trying to convince themselves that it isnt their fault they are fat and that they cant get fit.
counting calories isn't even hard, and even if it was hard, that doesn't matter. You wanna get fit then go fucking do it, or don't whatever. But stop fucking whining about how you cant cut.
>>
I don't like sports and I was never acknowledged of how fat I was before I lost weight.I had to lose weight to realize it was something I was able to control.
I heard of a ketogenic diet (protein), and realized it was just like what I used to eat back then, just without bread nor sugar. I lost over 40 pounds in 3 months and learnt to eat vegetables almost daily.
I didn't feel safe trying to lose more weight with diet, so I left the ketogenic diet and started to do cardio and exercises to tone up. There was a time I went 5 days a week to the gym, but then I found it difficult, I didn't get time to sleep, so I got sick, and wasn't able to the gym, I've been like this for some months, but I'm possitive that I'll get to go 5 days per week again.
I really feel the good impact of it in my life. My advice is that if a radical change doesn't work for you, you first have to notice that diet and work out actually works, put it to test, at least two weeks (control that the calories in are less than calories out), when you notice you are making actual progress you will get the motivation needed.
>>
>>35372303
80kg from 105, but I didn't know about lifting back then
>>
File: 1402467144910.jpg (319 KB, 1803x1351) Image search: [Google]
1402467144910.jpg
319 KB, 1803x1351
>>35372340
not the same guy, but when you talk about counting calories and macros, is it ok to keep track of calories and just make sure i get enough proteins? or did you really also count fats and carbs? (I'd just try to limit carbs desu)
>>
>>35372372
you can just count calories and protein if you want.
but i mean you might as well count the macros, you are already doing 90% of the work counting the calories and proteins.
the benefit of counting all your macros is then you can play with different splits and as you get more advanced(and leaner) macro splits do matter. For example, if my fats get below 70g im gonna be fucked in terms of strength
>>
File: 1451081894466.png (13 KB, 362x322) Image search: [Google]
1451081894466.png
13 KB, 362x322
>>35372389
i see. my method was to divide the calories but 10, and that number was the minimum amount of proteins that portion contains.
the only with counting all the others is it's hard to find foods that match those macros.
also what do you suggest in terms of routine. I was going with pic related.
>>
>>35372433
im not really sure why you would do that.
that doesnt make any sense.
You realize a gram of protein is 4 calories right?
youre literally just guessing about the protein.
Just get myfitnesspal and a little food scale lol. it isnt hard.
As for getting foods that match, chicken breast is all protein basically or whey, any carb dish(rice, pasta) is 90% carbs and oil is all fat.
You can literally hit any combination.
Routine looks fine, routine isnt that important desu, as long as you lift heavy and hard.
I auto regulate on p/p/l.
>>
File: 1425431043576.jpg (62 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1425431043576.jpg
62 KB, 500x501
>>35372457
it's a rule of thumb, it's so it's at least 40% prots.
but thanks for the advice anon. you're a great source of inspiration.
>>
I started to feel disgusting every time I ate pizza and shit like that, last straw was when I finished a whole big pizza all by myself. Regretted it immensely and gone to sign up for gym two hours later, now I'm 18 kg lighter.
>>
File: after before.jpg (593 KB, 2012x1276) Image search: [Google]
after before.jpg
593 KB, 2012x1276
>>35372515

Whoops forgot the pic, I'm still a fat fuck but slowly getting there. Having some problems with my energy levels and motivation lately.
>>
>>35371914
this post needs recognition
>>
>>35372539
You look like my trans friend.
>>
>>35372539
You turned from Seth Rogan to fat Furiosa.

It's an improvement I suppose.
>>
>>35372539
keep going
>>
>>35372539
Keep going anon. You're getting things done
>>
>>35371290
Rocky movies

and CREED, shit got me so pumped
>>
>>35371290
>Any former fatties around
Yep.
>How'd you get motivated?
Standard friendless virgin ">muh feels" backstory. Went on /soc/ though one day, a rate me thread, and they called me a fat ugly 4/10. That sort of broke me and I mindlessly went through the motions of losing weight until that satisfaction of seeing the weight disappear woke me out of my zombie state.
>keep losing motivation
Nah. You have the motivation. You just don't have the discipline.
>I'll restart tomorrow
And that's sort sums it up, doesn't it? /fit/ doesn't say "i'll restart tomorrow." That's just not how we do. We start *right the fuck now* until we accomplish what we set out to do. Tomorrow never comes in the world of procrastination. It's either now or never.
>>
>>35371290

OP needs to stop framing thoughts in the form of self-fulfilling prophesies.

The continual habit of defining oneself is degenerative. You aren't your self-concept. This reality makes it possible to improve. But if you keep measuring yourself by your own yardstick you will simply be impairing progress.

Discard belief in objective evaluation by subjective speculation. Only impartial external metrics are valid in determining actual progress.

Two, stop talking to yourself about yourself. This is recursive loop thinking. This sets you up for experiencing life as a series of feelings you are having about the thoughts in your own head, eg., you no longer notice you are no longer engaging with reality.
>>
>>35372591
>>35372600

Thanks, will make it someday.
>>
>>35371290
Recognize patterns of making excuses. (Hint: It's literally almost every reason you give yourself for why you can't do it.) Call it what it is and say "I'm making excuses. I CAN do this." Repeat ad infinitum.
>>
>>35371290
It helped me by hating what I saw in the mirror.
>>
Hi.

There's no magic trick to it. You just gotta make decisions for yourself - nobody, and nothing, is responsible for that like you are.

Watch out for licencing ("I walked today so I can have dessert!"). You don't deserve shit. The world doesn't owe you anything. Do what you do for you.

It's gay asf but check out some ideal bodies for you, watch them in action, get pumped!
>>
>>35371290

my motivation? I hate other people.

I want to be better.
>>
>>35371290
here it is fellas, look at this from start to finish.

now think about this before you even decide to go over your deficit.
>>
>>35373267
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM8kH_AQCSg
>>
>>35371290
Motivation isn't what you need right off the bat. Best motivation is the progress you see.
Make it a routine man, make it so you feel like shit it you miss the gym or eat those extra carbs and feel fat.
Think about this....how would you look if you started 4 months ago. How would you look 4 months from now.
It's all mental senpai. You got to want it from within.
>>
>>35371914
Seriously the best transformation I've ever seen on this site. Wetbreasts doesn't count.

How long did it take?
>>
>>35371290

I think focusing on motivation is kind of pointless in all honesty.

Motivation is kind of a by product of the work in a way. Sure, maybe when you're 3-4 months into some sort of programme, it might be kind of cool to see some motivational quotes on non-descript backgrounds, but all they will do is resonate pre-existing feelings you've had in the gym.

If you are going to keep looking for external sources of motivation, you're pretty much doomed from the start, and really I'd advise not even bothering now.

I know that sounds backhand and some sort of psychological trick, but I assure you I don't care about you enough to do that.

It's just, if you get all excited and try for two or three weeks, you'll be one of those people who doesn't see any results, and then they need to watch some motivational youtube videos again to get artificially fired up, and rinse and repeat until 1 month in and you've already quit.

You need to wait till you get to a point where you're just not happy with your life anymore. You won't need artificial motivation, it will just be an acceptance that you require a change, and discipline will be an immediate quality that you'll possess.

It's not a problem to say you're not ready yet, you're not getting any younger, or slimmer, so I'd come to that realisation quick sticks if I were you.

But yeah, looking for motivation is a fools errand. You'll quit by the end of Jan
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.