[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought a Cap Strength becch, with 100lbs of weights, arm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Crap Strenght.jpg (16 KB, 614x461) Image search: [Google]
Crap Strenght.jpg
16 KB, 614x461
Just bought a Cap Strength becch, with 100lbs of weights, arm curl pad was damaged, got a replacement piece. It came with no tools so had to buy some. Two of the screws on back rest got stuck and ripped the partial board and are now permanently loose. The barbell bar came in to pieces that are held together with two pins (seriously).
But I got it for $145 US you get what you pay for... any upper body routines /fit/ can suggest .
>>
Sell it, buy a Rack, a proper barbell and weights.
Do a 5x5 program with compound lifts only.
>>
load 2pl8 (or more depending on neck strength) on bar
lay down
unrack bar
drop on neck

repeat
>>
>>35371721
Thought that x10 was the way to go?
>>
>>35372325
It doesn't matter
you'll make beginner gains no matter what
they both have pros and cons
>>
>>35371727
Buuut bar pins that hold the bar together might fall out, then I'd have to put this shit back together AGAIN???
>>
>>35372341
THNX...
>>
>>35372325
For like dumbbell curls sure, but whoever the fuck told you to do x10 for main compound lifts as a novice lifter is either:
>an idiot
>a genius coach who has successfully coached dozens of all time world record holding athletes

I doubt it's the first so you should definitely do what he says.
>>
File: barbell.jpg (9 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
barbell.jpg
9 KB, 450x450
>>35372355
What what what... so confused, 10x for curls 5x for compound lifts?
>>
>>35372424
Ok. Let's take it back a notch.
Sell or return your bench. I assume you have not God a lot of money so we're for a get ghetto but safe here.

Buy an ADJUSTABLE squat rack stand, they are like too little piles you rest the bar on with a sturdy metal base. Then buy a no thrills FLAF bench, they're cheap and higher quality than if you bought a special adjustable one with a pad on it and cup holders and a massager.
Now buy yourself a cheap pull-up bar from Amazon, one that sits on the door frame, NOT the one that you twist to be held between the door. THIS KILLS THE DOOR
There you go. You can now bench and squat.

Do my program:
Wednesday:
3x5 Bench press / Military press alt.
3x5 Pendlay row
3x5 Back squats
5x10 DB Bench press / DB Military press alt.
5x10 DB Row
5x10 LTE

Friday:
1x5 Deadlifts
3x5 Weighted chin-ups
5x10 Hammer curls
5x10 Face pulls

Sunday:
3x5 Pendlay row
3x5 Back squats
5x10 DB Row
5x10 LTE

Warm-up:
http://imgur.com/gallery/476PX

Why the fuck would you want to do this pile of shit?

I don't know just do something

Progression goes as followed:
Add 2.5kg a session to the 3x5 lifts.
Can't add 2.5kg a session? Did you not get all the reps? Try again next session. Stall again? Try for 2 more sessions.
Stall again? Oh shit nigga eat more.

LTE = Lying tricep extensions (Google mark rippetoes lying triceps extensions)
>>
>>35372476
Thank you for the programs. Is this bench set so bad, I can afford to buy more weights, that's not the problem, or even a better bench set. It's getting it and putting it together was a pain...and to do it again?

Also have lots of steel cut Oats,canned mackerel and skim milk powder.
Ab roller + weight belt with 10lbs strapped to it for squats...

Merry Xmas...
>>
>>35372593
Merry Christmas.

The ab roller is GOAT imho, do it once or twice a week for 5x10, do it on training days though, maybe at the start and end of the week, DO NOT train a a the day before heavy squats or deadlifts otherwise your abs will be partially fatigued and you could injure yourself.

As for the bench, sell it, 100lbs is literally no weight at all, you'll bench more than that by the end of January, if not mid January.

If money is an issue then buy those squat stands and a flat bench, if not then buy a power cage and a flat (or adjustable) bench

Plates are where the money really gets lost, so I'd say go for option 1.

You may be weak now but eventually you'll be squatting over 200kg mate,
>>
>>35372634
I might just donate it to a charity... don't want to spend time haggling with fuckwits that want a deal, have better things to do with my time. I was just shopping for a bench when I saw this deal. Then I opened the box WFT no tools a modular bar???

Then again New Year people might be looking for this stuff.

Also friend said I should check out Costco.

Thank's for Ab Roller advise no need for Scooby now.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.