[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a fitness tracker for Christmas. A Vivosmart. Thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 712k7RIJmgL._SL1500_.jpg (87 KB, 1500x863) Image search: [Google]
712k7RIJmgL._SL1500_.jpg
87 KB, 1500x863
I got a fitness tracker for Christmas. A Vivosmart.

Thinking of upgrading to either a Vivosmart HR or a Fitbit Charge HR.

Any of you have any experience with either?
>>
>>35369820
Are those one of them over priced pedometers
>>
>>35369836
Well yeah the one I got is, since there's no HRM
>>
File: stereotype-Jew.jpg (87 KB, 497x593) Image search: [Google]
stereotype-Jew.jpg
87 KB, 497x593
>fitness tracker
>>
Hey OP, I had one of those, and IMO there are only two reasons to use them -

1. You are currently inactive and are interested in gauging your activity levels
2. You have a program through your employer that allows you to earn money by wearing it.

There's no benefit otherwise for someone who is already active.
>>
>>35369953
they can give u a pretty accurate TDEE estimation based on activity and BMR

if you're a crazy neurotic nigga it's cool but just chill m8
>>
>>35369820
>'fitness tracker'
You may as well be wearing the ankle monitor that people on house arrest are forced to wear by the cops, you're allowing some corporate faggots to know where you are and what you're doing 24 hours a day, and you're paying them to do it to you. Meanwhile they collect the data you're giving away to them and selling it to people you don't even know, so they can make assumptions about you and your life, many of which are completely false. Why would you do that?
>>
>>35370506
Why would you care about people you don't know making false assumptions about you?
>>
>>35370539
It's more about "people" having access to details of your life, a concept myself and many other people find unacceptable.
>>
>>35369820
Sell it on Craigslist
They're a waste of money
>>
>>35370965
Maybe you should stay in the 20th century where people like you belong
>>
I thought about getting one that has a feature where it wakes you at the right time based on your heart rate so you don't feel like shit when the alarm clock goes off in the morning. Does anyone have any experience with something like that?
>>
>>35370965
wooowww someone knows that I walk 11,002 steps per day..my life is ruined.
>>
File: 1410017629478.gif (1 MB, 168x176) Image search: [Google]
1410017629478.gif
1 MB, 168x176
>>35369836
hehe
>pedometers
>>
>>35371122
I need one of those
>>
>>35370991
lol, so privacy isn't a thing anymore because the year went past 1999? good logic, fag
>>
Don't bother, the fitbit charge hr is good but it becomes boring after a while, i've got mine sitting next to me. Uness you're going to buy a watch anyway, id say save your money.
>>
>>35373354
This
I used mine during the summer when I had morning cardio. Now I throw it on if I see it lying around when I go to the gym but end up using it as just an accessory/watch.. Don't even bother syncing it
>>
>>35369983
Heart rate monitor if you're serious about cardio training.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.