[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, i'm tired of memes, /fit/, Does lifting really make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Ok, i'm tired of memes, /fit/, Does lifting really make you short?
>>
>>35368247
yeah, but if you hang off a bar with weights attached to your legs after every workout it will be fine.
>>
>>35368247
No. Bad posture and genetics make you short. Now get to the gym fgt
>>
>>35368247
Some people asked if I grew taller after a bit of exercising.
>>
>>35368430
Better muscle strength adds to good posture.
>>
>>35368247
only when you do the exercises, when you stand back up you'll be back to your normal height
>>
>>35368438
Yeah I know that was it, I obviously didn't actually grow taller. I just said it to make the point that you don't shrink.
>>
>>35368247

good to be careful op. My grandfather once squatted in the army and tried a new max rep.
He couldn't get the weight up man. He's stuck down in the squatting position every since and even gets called a manlet by our neighboors boy jerry.
man fuck jerry, that's why i just do accessory excercises and machine stuff.
>>
bup
>>
heavy lifting can compress your spine. it squished water out of your disks and shortens your spine, yeah.. but it will literally happen even under your own body weight and it goes away once you lay down in bed anyway so who cares
>>
>>35371352
>t. my ass
>>
>>35368247
I took 18 months out of college to go COCCOON mode (involved a lot of lifting), and when I got back, several people asked me if I had gotten taller
>>
>>35371374
it's probably worth adding that I only did squats a handful of times over those 18 months, and all in a space of about 1-2 months, so i cant really comment on whether squats make you taller or shorter
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.