[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good full body routine for intermediate? Aiming to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 11
File: 1450230233416.jpg (53 KB, 552x503) Image search: [Google]
1450230233416.jpg
53 KB, 552x503
Is this a good full body routine for intermediate?
Aiming to hypertrophy, 3 times a week:

Bench Presses
Bent-Over Rows
Overhead Barbell Presses
Pull ups
Lateral raises
Barbell Curls
Close grip bench press

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle.

I know that there is not workout for legs but after SS i already have big and strong legs
>>
File: 1448381936447.jpg (590 KB, 1951x1349) Image search: [Google]
1448381936447.jpg
590 KB, 1951x1349
bump
>>
File: ISHYGDDT.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDT.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>35367698
>powerlifter
>not fat as fuck
>>
File: fec.jpg (22 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
fec.jpg
22 KB, 600x400
>ripped powerlifter
>not a disgusting fat slob sack of fucking shit
yeah okay nigga
>>
>>35367698
OP if you need to ask about which routine to do you're a fag
Sticky+bodybuilding.com+experience
dont fucking limit yourself give every workout 100%
>>
File: 123777413.jpg (33 KB, 593x385) Image search: [Google]
123777413.jpg
33 KB, 593x385
>full body routine .. for amputees
even without paying attention to that the routine is a joke
>>
File: 1447336057611.jpg (22 KB, 252x249) Image search: [Google]
1447336057611.jpg
22 KB, 252x249
>>35367777
checking my own lucky quads, free bump for faggot OP
>>
File: índice.jpg (45 KB, 585x537) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
45 KB, 585x537
That thing is bullshit, they're basically all the same.
>>
Why is the bodybuilder a manlet?
>>
>>35367912
Pretty much the only difference is their style/what they're wearing
>>
>>35367698
This thread is going to have 300 replies by lunchtime and nothing to do with what you asked.
>>
>>35367851
why?
>>
>>35367698

so you're only gonna do 7 moves, 2 of them being benchpress and close grip benchpress... ? common breh...
>>
>>35368115
how should i change that?
>>
File: the more you know.jpg (55 KB, 561x370) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.jpg
55 KB, 561x370
>>35367939
bodybuilders are manlets
>>
Here: I think this is ideal for your goals, you can ask me any questions you want breh as to why... The program still includes legs, but it's really upper body focused. 3x a week, upper/lower split (kinda), it's upper/lower+arms. I also include choices as to the excercises you want.

Upper:
Flat Bench Press 3-4x6-8 (can do 5x5 for more strength focus while still maintaining volume, this apples to any 6-8 excercises)
Row 3-4x6-8
OHP OR Incline Bench 2-3x10-12
Pulldown/pullup/Chinup 2-3x10-12

If abs are a priority, do them on upper day at the end. Reps are up to you, but I'd to 6-8 weighted crunches. Just my personal preference. You can also include Lateral raises or incline flyes, if doing OHP I'd do flyes and if doing incline bench do Lateral raises or even upright rows, you can even alternate, so first workout you do OHP and incline flyes and then bench and Lateral raises the next, if you want to get your OHP up or work on upper chest more you can do incline bench or OHP first for 3-4x6-8, blah blah, all just options.. This applies to pulldowns and rows too. It's just ordering. Also, it's not really a bad idea to include rear delt work after the flyes/Lateral raises either, if you care about them. For flyes/Lateral raises/rear delt I'd do 3-4x8-10. Kind of in the middle of all the reps.

Now for lower:
Squat/Leg Press/Whatever, compound quad dominant move 3-4x6-8
Romanian Deadlift/Stiff Legged deadlift/Leg Curl/Whatever hamstring/glute move 3-4x6-8
Leg Ext/Split Squat/Leg Press/Just another quad move 2-3x10-12
Leg Curl is probably best here.. can do RDL or whatever again if no other options though 2-3x10-12

Now, abs can go here if they're not a priority, if they're a priority do them on upper. Calf work goes here too:

Straight Legged/Standing Calf 3-4x6-8
Seated/Bent legged calf 2-3x10-12

And now you do your arm work at the end of lower day too.

Any kind of curl 2-3x10-12 or 3-4x8-10, whatever. It's just arms, you can go a bit crazy with volume here. Will cont
>>
>>35368504
Okay, so you do the same for triceps too... I'd probably go with a TRUE isolation move for triceps, I wouldn't do close grip, and if you really want to, just do it at the end of upper day. Because close grip bench works the shoulders and the point is to not work the shoulders heavily so much.

The layout of scheduling will be:
xUxLxUx, x being rest days. If you don't want your legs to grow at all, just don't add weight to any excercises, you can also limit volume and have a shorter workout if you really don't care. It'll still be enough to maintain legs. Also realize, the 6-8 rep excercises are the most important in the workout. the 10-12 and 8-10, less so. You could probably even skip out on the 10-12 leg moves if you don't really give a flying fuck about legs.

Also, this is a 6-8 week program. You have 4-6 weeks of pushing weights, trying to push max weights, adding weight to the bar and other excercises.. then 2 weeks is deload/run up to the next cycle. So you start off your first week at 80% loading up to 100%, so week 1 you do 80% of your max weights, the 2nd week 90% then 3rd week is 100%, push weights up, after 6-8 total weeks deload back to 80% of your new maxes. Don't try to push past 8 weeks (including the initial deload/runup), you'll just burn out. You're really doing a lot of volume here and you shouldn't keep it up so consistently.

I don't really have much else to say. You can ask me any questions... But this is a pretty good split for upper body focus. Upper/Lower + Arms/Upper, you can also do arms on upper day of course. But putting arms on its own day isn't a bad idea. It let's you work your arms for high volume when they're fresh, you'll get better progression on the arm work. Plus arms recover pretty fast. So you can get away with working them 3x a week (since pressing/rows are working the biceps/triceps already)
>>
>>35367912
>crossfitter
>with muscle
wew
>>
>>35368547
>>35368504
Ty bro very much i think im gonna try this, just 1 more question: Am i supposed to do 2 times upper and 1 times legs each week or alternate?
>>
>>35368789
If you want to focus on upper body and have slower progress on legs (or no progress if you don't add weight to the excercises), only do legs once a week and upper 2x a week.

If you want more progress on legs, you can alternate, or you can do 4x a week lower/upper/rest/lower/upper or whatever. I'd only do the 3x a week if you can only get to the gym 3x a week or have shitty recovery (for whatever reason...). If you do 4x a week I would move the arm work to upper body day since working arms 4x a week is crazy high frequency, especially since you'll be hitting them twice on consecutive days... If you're doing lower 2x a week I'd also probably move abs to lower body day. They're really on minor changes though, it seems like you don't care about legs much anyway so I'm thinking you'll probably only do legs 1x a week.

BTW, this type of routine has been talked about extensively on Lyle McDonald's forum, often referred to as a "bro routine" or upper body focus. If you have any questions or stuff you can read or post there. That's where this split is from pretty much.
>>
>>35368547
>>35368504
Another question, i didnt get the load cycle i mean: it loast 4-6 week but the first week is 80% 2nd 90% and 3th 100% and the other 3 weeks?
Also its impossible to do 3x6-8 bench with 100% of my max weights
>>
>>35368861
>>35368861
It means 100% of your max for 8 reps, max for 10 reps and max for 12 reps.

So say you can bench 100lbs for 8 reps.

Week 1 you bench 80lbs for 8 (it should be really easy, nice quick reps, short rest, no grinding or anything)
Week 2 you bench 90lbs for 8 (again, it shouldn't be too hard either)
Week 3 you bench 100lbs (although you still shouldn't be hitting failiure)

Then you add weight once you get 8 reps or the weight is easy. So say you get 8 reps week 3, add 5lbs, let's just say for example you add 5lbs every week (This doesn't mean you WILL or have TO, hell, if you're decently strong adding 5lbs to your bench in a month is pretty good).

So week 4, bench 105
Week 5, bench 110
Week 6, bench 115
now depending on how you feel, either deload or go for another 2 weeks, let's say you keep going...
Week 7, 120
Week 8, 125lbs

So now you reset to 80% of 125lbs (which is 100lbs)
Week 1 100lbs
Week 2 90%, so about 115lbs
Then week 3 is back to 125lbs and you push weights again until week 6 to 8.

So the other weeks, you just use as much weight as you can while staying within the rep range.

Also, it's a good idea to start on the low end of volume. So staying on the low end of the set range. The point of having a range of sets is that you can autoregulate. If you feel like shit that day and tired, only do 3 sets or whatever. And like I said, it's also a good idea to start on the low end of the set range and work up to using full volume, since especially if you're not used to it, it can fuck your shit up (injure you or just make you sore as hell).

feel free to ask more questions, I have nothing else to do but eat oranges and drink milk.
>>
>>35369033
Should i spent a week to do all max weights? Because i dont know it

Bad english sry
>>
>>35369033
>>35369343
Also is this a good routine ti reach hypertrophy and with a good diet gaining mass? Thats whats its look like to me
>>
>>35368129
only do 1 move and make it

going back to reddit
>>
File: 0016 - iWezrgX.jpg (225 KB, 1417x1260) Image search: [Google]
0016 - iWezrgX.jpg
225 KB, 1417x1260
>>35369368
>>
>>35369343
Are you asking if you should test your maxes? You don't have a rough idea what you could do for 8 reps (or whatever?)

Just use a calculator online to calculate what you could approximately do. If you've never done the excercise before, just try it out and use a really light weight, do some more next week, and then try to push max the 3rd week. It doesn't have to be perfect, just approximate.

You're not going to kill yourself going too heavy on rear delt flyes your first week, so don't worry.
>>
>>35369367
Yes, this routine is focused on gaining muscular bodyweight. Not strength. But you WILL gain strength on it. Like I mentioned, for more of a strength focus you can do 5x5 on the first lift of the day (e.g. squat or bench for 5x5 instead of 3-4x6-8) for more of a strength focus. You can also get into cycling rep ranges, like one week do 5s, the next do 3s then the next 1s (very similar to Jim wendler 5/3/1). But that's getting more advanced, but that's not a bad way to set it up either.

And oh shit! I also forgot to mention.. some people have shitty triceps (and more rarely biceps) endurance. Meaning that e.g. if they do flat bench, their triceps are done, and if they do incline bench, all it does is work their triceps and their chest gets nothing really. (same with pulldowns/pullups, it may be nothing but biceps for them after rows, but that's more rare..) In that case, it's a wise idea to do an isolation instead of a compound for the 2nd excercise. So instead of incline bench do incline flyes + Lateral Raise, or instead if pulldowns do pullovers (I prefer cables for all those 3 excercises desu, the resistance curve on all 3 of those with free weights is shit, unless you do some weird crazy shit like pullovers hanging upside down from the ceiling or flyes on your side, but I'm just being gay, ignore me)
>>
>>35367912
>crossfitter
>muscle
>powerlifter
>not fat fuck

At least they got the bodybuilder right by making him a manlet.
>>
File: Konstantin-Konstantinovs.jpg (26 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
Konstantin-Konstantinovs.jpg
26 KB, 264x320
>mfw people believe the "powerlifters are all fat" meme
>>
File: 1451048787347.jpg (89 KB, 585x537) Image search: [Google]
1451048787347.jpg
89 KB, 585x537
>>35367912
The fuck is wrong with his leg!?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.