[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What stretches should I do prior to and/or following Stronglifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: squats_stronglifts5x5.jpg (152 KB, 714x579) Image search: [Google]
squats_stronglifts5x5.jpg
152 KB, 714x579
What stretches should I do prior to and/or following Stronglifts 5x5? I find myself to be inflexible as fuck but am not sure what to do particularly to be flexible and get the most of my lifts without risking injury.
>>
These will get you a long way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJwwioOcE4E
>>
File: 1443627072068.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1443627072068.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>doing a meme routine made by a marketing firm with no coaching experience and targeted towards couch potatoes
>using unoptimal setsxreps scheme
>starting with babyweights
>100 years to get to average beginner weight
>no autoregulation
>>
>>35367705
Stronglifts 5x5 was made by one guy, it's only in the last two years that it's turned into a marketed meme but the routine itself hasn't changed
>>
I use this one when I stretch. https://www.t-nation.com/training/defranco-agile-8
Doesn't take long to do and really loosens up your hips.
In case you don't have one, know that if a foam roller isn't essential, you'll at least find yourself wanting to get one eventually.
>>
>>35367705
1. It IS a beginner program. Primary aims being ingraining the primary movement patterns into a beginners system
2. >calling something Arnolds mentor used meme routine
3. Better take 2 months to get to the actual workweight instead of fucking up your form with too much weight and then moaning about: "uh, deep squats destroy your knees bruh"
>>
>>35367705
5 x5 has been around for decades mate.
>>
>>35368076
>>35368100
Sronglifts 5x5 isn't reg parks... what the fuck, ladies.
>>
>>35368398
I said he used it (on Arnie), not invented it
>>
>>35368845
And I'm saying that stronglifts 5x5 isn't the 5x5 program that reg parks did with Arnold. Stronglifts 5x5 is pretty terrible beginner program by some Arab.
>>
>>35367672
>those knees that far ahead of his toes

Oh man this guys gonna hate himself in 10yrs.
>>
>>35368900
how is it different? it still uses the big compound movements..
>>
>>35368989
Reg parks isn't 5x5 with the same weight, the two first are part of the warm up. Park's also has more accessories and has three different phases where the last one has you doing 11 different exercises with different rep schemes.

Just look it up: https://www.t-nation.com/training/reg-parks-5x5-program
>>
>>35367672
try starting stretching (in the sticky)
honestly you should try and stretch every day. helps prevent injury and improves your form
fucking love stretching desu senpai
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.