[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
- Canadian doctor says that sports players are faggots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1451027064053.jpg (20 KB, 339x552) Image search: [Google]
1451027064053.jpg
20 KB, 339x552
Dr. Brian Pronger of U. Toronto writes in his paper "Outta My Endzone: Sport and the Territorial Anus" that "men's sport allows men and boys to exclude women and girls from their all-male environments, permits them to play with each other's bodies, to surround themselves with naked men in the showers and locker rooms, to enjoy that all-male contact, without suffering the vilification that usually comes from the open acknowledgment and pursuit of masculine erotic contact, the stigma of "being homosexual.""

Is this doubly true for lifting weights?
>>
From that quote alone, that's not what he's saying.

If anything you're proving his point. He seems to be saying that in modern society, guys cant hang around with eachother and be close without accusations of being gay. Sports is the exception to this.
>>
>>35367166
I wonder how Jewish Pronger is.

This is very rarely true of weightlifting as weightlifting is a more or less solitary experience.

Team sports and things like wrestling etc I might humor this line of thought. I love wrestling for hugging men I like but I never get horny or aroused so I don't think it's anything to do with the anus.
>>
>>35367166

>look this fag up
>"Brian Pronger works as an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Physical Education and Health, at the University of Toronto. Pronger holds a PhD in Philosophy and Exercise Science from The University of Toronto. Pronger is a long serving advocate for equity in respect to gender and sexuality. The Arena of Masculinity, his first work, was a popular merger of Foucaultian theory, sport, and sexuality. His work on sports and sexuality established Pronger as high profile theorist. His second work, Body Fascism, build upon these themes. When not writing or teaching, Brian volunteers as a contributing editor for The Encyclopedia of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Culture."

Yep. It's complete fucking horseshit.
>>
>>35367175

>pursuit of erotic masculine contact
>erotic

sounds to me like he's saying men who play sports are doing it for erotic reasons

I'm not about to read into this study but, the joy of being in and working as a team, camaraderie, physical team activity simulating a battle(the primal aspect of it), would be better explanations than the want of erotic male contact.

I'll bet if I looked up (I'm not about to) what Brian Pronger looked like, he's probably a typical low test wimpy male and he is probably gay as fuck and that's likely why he thinks everybody is secretly super gay
>>
>>35367198
>>35367198

>gay guy thinks everybody is secretly gay

haha wow.

I guess I can't blame some gay academics for being like this though, because it is so hard to see outside of yourself, for anyone, and we often see parts ourselves in others ;_;
>>
>>35367253
>Cryface
Storytime?
>>
>>35367166

The truth of fit has been unveiled. It was only a matter of time.
>>
What a femenist dipshit.

"Excludes women"

Fuck you dude. If guys want to hang out with the guys without women it's not a bad thing. Women do it all the time.

And it doesn't make us homo. I dint give a fuck that you're homo, you suck dicks? Good for you. My brother is gay, but he doesn't project pseudo intellectual bullshit onto other guys and out into the world at general.

This is just thought pollution.
>>
>>35367175
>>35367212
You're just a lot stuck on words, man.

Women go to bathrooms together and play with each others' breasts for a multitude of reasons. It could be defined as "erotic", but it has nothing to do with lesbianism.

The same thing happens when big, burly men are showering together and then slap each other's butts with a towel. It's kind of a homo-erotic SITUATION, but they're not being gay at all.

In our current society, guys aren't allowed to do any of that without being called "gay", so a lot of that feeling of "camaraderie" and "physical activity" that you talk about just won't really happen. Because they're afraid of being called gay for it. So they're afraid of being labeled/becoming homos, they're homophobic.

So at least from the quote provided, he's not claiming sports players are closeted homosexuals at all. I mean, the whole thing maybe COULD be claiming that, but I'm not interested enough to go on and read it.
>>
It's all true, in high school my team would shower together and there was always one twink fag kicker that would give everyone blowjobs and let us fuck him if we wanted to.
>>
>>35367391
More quotes? You got it:

"In other words, the homophobia of competitive sport allows men to play with each other's bodies and still preserve their patriarchal heterosexist hegemony; they can have their (beef) cake and eat it, too."

"It goes without saying that a limp, shriveled penis is not effective in simulating the domineering masculine organization of desire. Given that no penis can live up to its phallic boast, no matter how swollen it gets, phallocentrism finds other ways to territorialize the body: innocuously, possibly, in body building, and more despotically in the territorial violence of warfare and competitive sport, for instance."

"I will argue that competitive sport... is embedded in the masculine colonizing will to conquer the space of an "other" while simultaneously protectively enclosing the space of the self... In sex, it shows in the desire to penetrate the holes of others and the desire to resist having the same happen to oneself."

"Less boastful than the phallus, perhaps because of its embarrassing vulnerability or even more terrifying potential openness, is the phallus's companion, the protective side of phallic desire, the side than can repel or admit others into the space carved out by phallic aggression.

The simulacrum of this other side of phallic desire, I suggest is the asshole. It is the tightly closed orifice of the phallic conqueror, as well as the (perhaps) reluctantly opened orifice of the phalically conquered. Masculine desire is thus produced in the play of the phallus and asshole.

It stimulates desire as both homoerotic and homophobic: homoerotic in its preoccupation with phallic intent, homophobic in its resistance to penetration."

"Since one's participation in competition indicates one's commitment to phallic potency and one's defeat shows one's anal vulnerability and therefore phallic impotence, there is humiliation in defeat, in being penetrated by one's competitor."
>>
>>35367442
I'm honestly speechless. Do people actually take this shit seriously and academically?
>>
>>35367419
Yeah. I love those. Ours was the mascot.
>>
>>35367442
Uh, fine.

I'll take your word for it.

All of the sports' players are closeted homosexuals who lust after boipussy.
>>
sports are just wargames and are fun for the same reason video games are jesus if this academic had ever played a sport in his life he wouldn't be layering it with homo imagery.
>>
>>35367516
Well, as Professor Pronger explains...

"I also argued that the well-known homophobia of competitive sports serves an important structural socio-cultural function. It prevents the implicit homoeroticism of competitive sport, the pleasures of male bodies playing with each other, from proceeding to explicit sexual expression.

That is to say, it maintains the panoptic line that must not be crossed if the orthodox masculine - which is to say the patriarchal heterosexual - credentials of competitive sport are to be maintained."

He's saying that sports are structured to create an environment where men can get pleasure from playing with other men's bodies without being considered gay.
>>
File: 1445745998351.jpg (55 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1445745998351.jpg
55 KB, 393x391
http://www.uc.utoronto.ca/brian-pronger

>When not writing or teaching, Brian volunteers as a contributing editor forThe Encyclopedia of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Culture.
>>
>>35367528
Then he's probably correct.

Like I said before, he's not saying they're GAY, he's just saying that sports are pretty much the only situation in which males can do things that would normally be considered full-on gay without it being so. And that's true.
>>
>>35367595
yeah thats true i guess, its not gay anyway unless your making eye contact.
>>
>>35367595

True. My powerlifting gym is gay as fuck. Dudes always pretending to rape each other, pulling their pants down, talking about bum sex. Yet everyone is married or in serious relationships with women. It's just how high Test males bonds, gay or straight; so this pussy as beta (which is independent of him being gay) faggot doesn't get it even if he were straight.
>>
>>35367615

>jujitsu session
>partner pulls guard on me
>trying to work my elbows put and around his neck to strangle
>instructor comes over
"I know you two homos love a bit of gay sex but start fucking fighting and stop fucking fucking"
>give up on strangle and start elbowing him in the face while he fishhooks me like a dirty cunt
>>
>>35367595

Oh man, there's heaps of those areas.

Like the infantry as it is right now.
>>
>>35367175
>what are video games

>what are board games

>what is beer and pizza

>what is gambling
>>
>>35367198
This guy is like Sigmund Freud but obsessed with being gay
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.