[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canadian doctor says sports players are queers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Body Fascism book cover.jpg (82 KB, 685x1027) Image search: [Google]
Body Fascism book cover.jpg
82 KB, 685x1027
Is he right, /fit/? Dr. Brian Pronger of U. Toronto writes in his paper "Outta My Endzone: Sport and the Territorial Anus" that "men's sport allows men and boys to exclude women and girls from their all-male environments, permits them to play with each other's bodies, to surround themselves with naked men in the showers and locker rooms, to enjoy that all-male contact, without suffering the vilification that usually comes from the open acknowledgment and pursuit of masculine erotic contact, the stigma of "being homosexual.""
>>
>>35366660
More quotes from his paper:

http://jss.sagepub.com/content/23/4/373.abstract

"In other words, the homophobia of competitive sport allows men to play with each other's bodies and still preserve their patriarchal heterosexist hegemony; they can have their (beef) cake and eat it, too."

"It goes without saying that a limp, shriveled penis is not effective in simulating the domineering masculine organization of desire. Given that no penis can live up to its phallic boast, no matter how swollen it gets, phallocentrism finds other ways to territorialize the body: innocuously, possibly, in body building, and more despotically in the territorial violence of warfare and competitive sport, for instance."

"I will argue that competitive sport... is embedded in the masculine colonizing will to conquer the space of an "other" while simultaneously protectively enclosing the space of the self... In sex, it shows in the desire to penetrate the holes of others and the desire to resist having the same happen to oneself."

"Less boastful than the phallus, perhaps because of its embarrassing vulnerability or even more terrifying potential openness, is the phallus's companion, the protective side of phallic desire, the side than can repel or admit others into the space carved out by phallic aggression.

The simulacrum of this other side of phallic desire, I suggest is the asshole. It is the tightly closed orifice of the phallic conqueror, as well as the (perhaps) reluctantly opened orifice of the phalically conquered. Masculine desire is thus produced in the play of the phallus and asshole.

It stimulates desire as both homoerotic and homophobic: homoerotic in its preoccupation with phallic intent, homophobic in its resistance to penetration."

"...one's defeat shows one's anal vulnerability and therefore phallic impotence, there is humiliation in defeat, in being penetrated..."
>>
>>35366660
What an unbelievable faggot. Into the oven with him.
>>
>>35366665
>>35366660
im straight but this shit got me diamonds as fuck
>>
Exploring latent homosexual themes is the easymode clickbait of essays and research, especially in the humanities.

Of course it's bullshit but people are still going to read it.
>>
>>35366660
>reading a homoerotic study

This is worse than fujoshits shipping loveteams.
>>
>>35366660

So a Doctor Pronger from the University of Toronto says sporty, fit men are gay?

It's just further proof that Canada is not a place for a white man to be. Leave and let the feminists play.
>>
>>35366660
Is this some sjw ploy to demasculinise jocks by making them scared of being a big gay sports player?

I grew up watching wrestling, rugby and strongman competitions, that shit is pretty homoerotic, but even using the Kinsey scale, I'm completely straight.
Guys who grunt, shove, and slap each other, or take naked showers with other men, are probably a lot more happy with their "assigned gender" and more comfortable with their sexuality, whether it is straight or gay, and still less of a faggot than the guy who wrote this.
>>
Sounds like he's projecting his faggotry
>>
>>35366783
Girls and fags teasing guys so that guys become overly self-conscious and go "no homo" every time.
>>
>>35366799
But we're already "no homo"ing pretty strong.
Just look at fit, half of us are Ancient Greek level queer, the other half joke about being gay while fucking girls these guys saying sports are gay would never get close to.

You can't sexuality-shame someone who is comfortable discussing the merits and flaws in the body composition of two oiled up cunts in thongs.
Saying masculine sports are a bit homoerrotic is like saying coal mining is a bit dirty.
Getting dirty is not the point of it, or the reason anyone becomes a coal miner.
>>
File: 960[1].jpg (51 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960[1].jpg
51 KB, 960x540
>>35366660

>"That's right goyims, if you excercise you're a faggot"
>>
>>35366660
This sounds like something Freud would have writen
>>
File: 1440793356132.png (51 KB, 222x268) Image search: [Google]
1440793356132.png
51 KB, 222x268
>hating gay people is bad
>sports people hate gay people
>sports people secretly are gay people
>haha look at the faggots trying not to be gay
>>
>>35366845
It's just horny women projecting their sexual fantasies on men.
>>
>Did you know that masculine pursuits are gay?
>You should be more feminine
>>
>>3566666
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.