[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is smoking weed bad for gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: 1376688593390.jpg (59 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1376688593390.jpg
59 KB, 500x475
Is smoking weed bad for gains?
>>
nah
>>
yeah, smoking is. vape it instead for your pulmonary health
>>
I just smoked a bowl and ate a bag of cookies.

>tfw only 170lbs
>>
>>35366350

We get it, you vape
>>
File: 1444531819703.jpg (32 KB, 359x473) Image search: [Google]
1444531819703.jpg
32 KB, 359x473
>>35366314

I found weed just killed my motive and drive in general when I smoked it often

I don't see how people say weed makes them motivated or ready to work unless they're lying to themselves, have some obscure mental defect. In which case they should be trying to master themselves in their sober, straight mind so their lives can actually improve. Not to mention smoking it will fuck your lungs.

I dunno man, i'd save the shit for special occasions
>>
>>35366350
What is vaping? I see all these memes about it but how's it different from smoking a joint?
>>
>>35366375

>themselves, OR have some obscure mental defect.

sry
>>
>>35366350
vaping causes popcorn lung syndrome you turbofaggo

http://www.electroniccigaretteconsumerreviews.com/popcorn-lung-bronchiolitis-obliterans/
>>
Smoking weed temporarily halts muscle protein synthesis. It's a depressant, its what it do.

But smoking every now and then especially for social reasons is totally fine by me.
>>
>>35366377
vaping means the herb is just heated up instead of burned. heating it up to THCs boiling point will release active ingredient mixed with water vapor instead of the byproducts of combustion which are hugely poisonous

note: a real vaporizer for cannabis is very different from an ecig 'vape'
>>
>>35366390
>It is a serious disease with a connection to the artificial butter flavoring, diacetyl.

you're thinking of ecig liquid juice you turbofaggo
>>
>>35366375
This so fucking much. I have a close friend who has picked up smoking weed almost everyday and all he wants to do is sit around, eat junk food, talk about weed and bongs, etc. It's fucking depressing.
>>
File: 1450406735014.jpg (64 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1450406735014.jpg
64 KB, 500x390
>>35366390
That's e-cigs you massive fucking faggot.

They're talking about a compound in the liquid that you put inside the cig, not vaping. Vaping marijuana is significantly different. Did you even read the shit that you posted?
>>
>>35366390
>In a study published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology in May 2008, it was stated that vaporizers were a "suitable method for the administration of THC".[40] A 2007 study by the University of California, San Francisco, published in the Journal of the American Academy of Neurology, found that "there was virtually no exposure to harmful combustion products using the vaporizing device".[5] A 2006 study performed by researchers at Leiden University found that vaporizers were "safe and effective cannabinoid delivery system(s)". The study stated that the amount of THC delivered by vaporizers were equivalent to the amount delivered by smoking.[37] Because of those studies and other studies, vaporizers are medically sound devices for delivering THC.[41]
>>
>>35366390
>diacetyl
>don't buy the brands that use it.
>it's that fucking simple.
You do realize that we live in an open market where you can buy from multiple brands, we don't all buy from third world countries so...
>vaping causes popcorn lung syndrome
is a lie.
>>
File: 1280px-Aromatherapy_2.0.jpg (380 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Aromatherapy_2.0.jpg
380 KB, 1280x960
thread is now about vaping master race
>>
>>35366412
Get over yourself. Seriously. He's fine, you're just being dramatic.
>>
>>35366412
I can guarantee he's mentioned weed once or twice in your presence and you're an elitist who's making a big deal out of nothing. We get it, you're a cool dude for not smoking. Congrats, homo. >brb taking heavy doses of anabolics
>brb only talking about lifting and diet
>brb
>>
>>35366442
He used to be a bodybuilder and is now fat. I try to get him to live a healthy lifestyle, or lift (for his sake). But he refuses to do so. I'm not being dramatic..
>>
>>35366459
Alright, well, tell him he can still do both. I just know a lot of people who are dramatic about it. Has anything happened recently? Family members died, emotional problems, etc?
>>
>>35366314
yes and no.

benefits to smoking post workout.
>relaxation (important for muscle recovery)
>inability to feel pain as acutely

negatives
>long term use shows cognitive function decline as it is a depressant
>lowers metabolic rate, so you'll need to increase cardio in some way.
>proven to be addictive 10% of users from statistical studies showed irritability, insomnia, and feeling of inability to cope. not enough data for more detailed analysis beyond this.

Smoking a little weed after your workout is cool bro, if you're going through a zips worth of THC every few days you are going to have issues.
Also I have heard the argument
>have you ever seen a fat pot user
Yes I have, but most pot users are hungry skeletons. The reason why you ask?
Because pot is just now become a socially acceptable vice.
The average pot smoker is a young adult with not a lot of free money floating around, they will prioritize buying pot over eating healthy or eating at all.
I've seen some fat fucking pot smokers, usually the wives of men who worked all day. The men stays skinny only because he works, the woman continues to get obese as she eats everything and smokes all his fucking pot all day while watching cartoons with their cracker/niglet child.

Just one word buddy.
>moderation
have a good christmas!
>>
>>35366314
smoking weed is bad for life, senpai
>>
>>35366468
Not much. I don't wanna be one of THOSE guys but everything began to fall apart once he got engaged. He lost all interest in lifting because he kept telling himself that he no longer has anyone to impress. And now this. He pretty much smokes at least 5 or 6 times a day (if not more). I have no problem with him being happy, but he now has to stop mid-way on the stairs to catch his breath..and that is kinda alarming.
>>
>>35366377
>>35366314
This, desu.
>>
>>35366412

Same here. I just recently stopped contacting him, he was somebody I called one of my best friends.
>>
>>35366314
Use it in edibles or some kind of tincture. Coating your lungs with tar can only hurt you.
>>
>>35366314
damn who are they
>>
>>35366559
see >>35366480
specifically
>proven to be addictive 10% of users from statistical studies showed irritability, insomnia, and feeling of inability to cope. not enough data for more detailed analysis beyond this.

here is the detailed analysis that he was missing btw: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2797098/

you are right, it's dangerous. but.. most people can handle it. i'm sorry about your friend, you should encourage him to get help with his addiction if that's what it's becoming. don't just blame the drug itself, there's a reason addiction is being classified as a mental illness now
>>
File: bones.png (210 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
bones.png
210 KB, 500x296
I used to smoke every single day and then I joined the marines, did 4 years and now im in college, I recently smoked pot again and it was such a mundane and shitty experience that I think im done with pot, it's not the same bros I genuinely like adderall more than pot, atleast im motivated to better myself and my friends on adderall.
>>
>>35366480

Btw, is that whole "munchies" thing real? And would this apply only to smoking weed, or anything with THC would cause this effect (e.g. cannabis oil)?

I'm a super-stressed skelly, so something to boost my appetite would be a definite plus.
>>
>>35367341
in most people it does trigger muchnies.
>>
>>35366314
being gay is
>>
>>35367485

But girls are the biggest gains goblins, anon
>>
>>35367547
This. Fuccbois does nothing but motivate me.
>>
>tfw no boyfriend for christmas
>>
>>35367562
Were you on santa's naughty list?
>>
>>35366314

It not great for the mental health and regular use isnt good for the physical health but if you are mentally tough and dont do it often its fine as wine
>>
File: FB_IMG_14500319234297305.jpg (100 KB, 540x321) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_14500319234297305.jpg
100 KB, 540x321
>>35366314
I'm gonna smoke 1 g today
Cheers lads!
>>
>>35366375

Fuck off idiot, just because it doesnt work for you doesnt mean that it cant work for other people. "Mental defect" jesus christ, are you even serious nigga?

I get motivated by smoking, love to smoke a bowl in the morning, before gym and after gym and it motivates me and keeps me active. I function without it too, but I just prefer being high.
>>
>>35367676
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>35367717

Yeah yeah, heard that before from other strangers on a chinese wall building forum...
>>
Honestly, I don't care if weed kills gains or not. It doesn't for me, because it gives me an appetite, I attribute weed to actually helping me grow stronger if anything.

Besides, weed makes me happy. It's helped me get engrossed in books, drawing, enjoying video games again, and even meditation which I never did before.

At the end of the day, a loser that smokes weed is going to be a loser even if they didn't smoke it. I am not, I simply enjoy the experience it gives me.

Do what makes you happy brahs, especially if it's not harmful. Life is short.
>>
>>35367552
fgt
>>
>>35366397
no it doesn't wtf prove it

if anything I'd think stimulants would halt protein synthesis (or increase breakdown), depressants doing nothing or the opposite
>>
>>35366314
the potheads always get angry as fuck when you go against them like Wahhabists but only bark no bite
>>
>>35366390
Only artificial popcorn flavor causes popcorn lung
You didn't even read the article you posted
>>
>>35371179
Lol depressant literally means that it slows your body's processes. Weed def slows protein synthesis AND it causes depression, lethargy, and makes your breath smell like a rotten carcass. This coming from somebody who loves smoking. It's not nor will it ever be good for gains or Health. Accept that it's a vice you fucking loser. Smoke if you want but stop trying to justify it. I do, and I dont justify it with anything more than "I like it and it helps me unwind"
>>
>>35366390

>mfw people are inhaling random compounds into their lungs that are almost totally unregulated and undisclosed

would rather smoke a cig tbqh,
>>
>>35371134
Yes. What's your point?
>>
>>35366314
Yeah. Raises estrogen
>>
so many lies in this thread
>>
>>35366314
>gyno
>>
>>35366314

Yes.
Smoking weed releases a chemical called gainide begonamine into the bloodstream that will severely hamper the growth of muscle mass for upwards of ten years.
>>
>>35372731

Brofessor
>>
>>35367341
original poster you quoted.
Muchies are real within the first week of constant weed usage.
If you're the kind of person who smokes every single day this phase passes.
As I originally stated
>average pot user can not afford to pay for the amount of food to satisfy their munchies.
Other reasons for this placebo effect are the muscles in your stomach relax too much, causing you to not feel when you're full or when you're hungry. Which often leads to a feeling of emptyness and followed by engourging yourself until there is slight pain in your stomach.
In reality you are literally eating in the worst possible way.
This slight pain to pot users (due to the body numbing effects of THC) feels roughly the same as "fullness" in non drug influenced persons.

As your bodies metabolism adjust to the constant THC intake and you begin to not have the overwhelming feeling of euphoria and body numbness. You begin to lose the munchies and adjust to normal eating habits again.

As i stated before, lots of pot smokers are either obese or hungry skeletons.
Any mind altering or physiology altering drug must be counter balanced by you the user.
It's a very serious issue if you want to take fitness seriously and do drugs.

For the record though,
It can be done.

>citation
>monthly acid user
>moderate pot user
>weekend drinker
>past klonopin user
>past methadone user
>past shroom user

Goes back to moderation, no drug is "healthy" if you're going to do them though, you better keep a few days a week where you're sleeping at normal metabolic rate.
>another words
The pot should be wearing off right as you go to sleep, so that your body has time to repair at its normal speed, not the speed that the pot wants to place upon your body.
Look up the long term effects of depressants upon the body for more detail.
gl anon
>>
>>35366314
I started smoking weed and lifting around the same time (when i was a senior in highschool). I smoke weed every day atm and am still seeing good progress. Bench went from like 65 to 185
>>
>>35366375
You know weed effects everyone differently. This one chick I know has panic attacks. My ex would smoke and then clean the whole house. When I smoke I just want to sit on a couch and do nothing.
>>
>>35372921
This right here.
>>
>>35372921

>You know weed effects everyone differently
>This one chick I know has panic attacks. My ex would smoke and then clean the whole house. When I smoke I just want to sit on a couch and do nothing.

What is fucking Sativa and Indica. You don't even really know what the fuck you're smoking.

Enjoy eventually getting induced schizophrenia from buds sprayed with JWH/MDPV, broheim.
>>
>>35366377
Suppose you had a mixture of ethanol and water

Ethanol boils at 78.5 Celsius and water boils at 100 Celsius. Knowing that, you take the mixture and boil it at 80-85 Celsius. This makes the high-ethanol low-water steam(I'd estimate 99% purity but I bet there's a chemist here to tell me I'm wrong). You take this steam and cool it down in a separate container to get maximum ethanol out of your mixture.

That is distillation, which is the principle of vaping.

Now replace ethanol with THC and mixture with weed and the cooling continer with your mouth/throat/lungs.
>>
>>35373766
Reference picture
>>
>>35372909
Horrible anecdotal evidence. Even a girl who started lifting could go from 65 to 185 on the bench.
>>
>>35374066
>girl

bruh I've never seen a girl at my gym bench anything other than the bar is this legit
>>
>>35374602
stop going to planet fitness
>>
>>35366375
Nah nigga, just like teenage girls who can't handle liquor, you can't handle weed. Honestly it's your own mental defect that makes your motivation drop. Smoking gets me excited to lift and run. I don't smoke every time I lift or run, only when I don't feel like getting up to do it.
Weed is my favorite pre workout bruh
>>
File: 1443064173466.png (44 KB, 820x827) Image search: [Google]
1443064173466.png
44 KB, 820x827
>>35367676
>>35374945
>>35368466
>>35372909

goodbye gains
>>
>>35372921

I'ce got a surprise for you.

Your ex did coke, not weed.
>>
>>35373764

>What is fucking Sativa and Indica.

You are SO FUCKING IGNORANT if you think Sativa and Indica means anything per se.
>>
>THC (the active ingredient in cannabis) can potentially be an endrocrine disruptor in humans and animals, since it blocks GnRH secretion from the hypothalamus, which eventually leads to lowered LH and FSH production and therefore also lower testosterone production. THC has also been shown to inhibit several testicular enzymes needed in testosterone production in-vitro

Yeah, it kills gains
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.