[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about joining the local boxing/sparring gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: boxing-sparring-for-beginners.jpg (26 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
boxing-sparring-for-beginners.jpg
26 KB, 300x210
I'm thinking about joining the local boxing/sparring gym and signing up to fight for some cardio, and plus I love to fight. I went 8-1 when I was a teenager in an underground boxing ring.. we would sneak out of school at lunch and box in hella sketchy areas and winner by KO ... I only lost once by disqualification because we were at a beaners house as I was more focus on not getting stabbed than the fight, so i called it and left with my crew mid fight even though it was pretty much neck and neck ... who cares tho.

What I'm saying is I have fighting experience, so should I join the gym? Would I be frowned upon for joining the gym without fighting for a couple of years or what? I just wanna hop in the ring and fight, I have very quick hands and powerful punches and feel like I could contend..

So, should I? and if so, should i just walk into gym saying "i'm interested in fighting and working out like a boxer"?

Or will I embarrass myself and have my ass handed to me? I'm a big dude, 6'2" 188lbs and working on toning..
>>
>6'2 188
>big
You're just tall, not big.
>>
>>35366057
yeah pretty much m8
>>
> Go to boxing gym with streetfight ego
> Get rocked by people half your size
> Ego destroyed
Then you can actually grow.
>>
>>35366083
So you're saying im finna get rocked by them boxers.. you probably right, although I've trained myself boxing it's probably not enough oye? I need to start somewhere tho aye
>>
>>35366102
nah you'll get your ass whooped...you should do it though, it'll probably take you down a peg & then maybe you'll actually start to make some progress instead of walking around with this "i'm a badass" attitude
>>
First, research the gyms in your location, see how welcoming they are to new people/pricing/etcc

Research the coaches there, research their students if any.

>I just wanna hop in the ring and fight

You WILL get destroyed instantly without proper training and CONDITIONING by people half your size. Start off light, you might not even spar at all for a few months depending.

> I have very quick hands and powerful punches

Everyone thinks they have quick/strong hands, then they get blasted by some old fuck who's been training for 12 years and realize they're not as hot as they thought they were.

Your previous "experience" means bullshit outside the fact that you have the mentality and toughness to compete. Walk into that gym as if you know nothing.
>>
>>35366151
aight, ill do that thanks man
>>35366141
i aint think imma badass i just wanna be a good fighter and have boxer cardio..
>take you down a peg
meaning?
>>
>>35366181
>meaning?

it'll knock your ego down some. apparently you think because you beat some fags up you can beat a trained boxer, lol.
>>
>>35366194
>apparently you think because you beat some fags up you can beat a trained boxer
One of the kids I beat up was a trained boxer for all his life, and I used to train when I was younger ages 4-10... but I never said I think I could beat them. I'm skeptical myself, bro.. that's why I'm asking.. ive been trying to study film of Ali, Tyson, Mayweather, etc...
>>
>>35366206
okay faggot well go ahead and ask to jump in the ring with a fighter because u watched movies, which they likely won't evne let you do because of insurance, but just be prepared to get your ass whooped
>>
>>35366206
To be perfectly honest, you sound like a complete moron. You will fit in fine at a boxing gym.

(please don't wear headgear)
>>
>>35366224
haha neckbeard white boi who sits behind the computer screen all day talking shit
>>
>>35366038
They have boxer cardio from training not from getting punched in the head ya fucking retard
Don't join you risk losing your few brain cells
>>
>>35366223
fuck off fag
>>
>>35366240
yeah but wearing headgear eliminates losing them brain cells
>>
>>35366247
it actually doesn't, it only stops the cuts and the pain of being punched to the face, but your brain still gets rekt
>>
>>35366038
>What I'm saying is I have fighting experience
Your "fight experience" means absolutely fucking nothing to a boxer. You will get your shit wrecked. The sooner you come to terms with that the sooner you can grow as a fighter and as a person.

I've been boxing for 14 years and I've seen "street fighters" come in with that attitude. They never last.
>>
>>35366302
non boxer detected
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 345x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 345x425
>>35366206
> study film of Ali, Tyson

Old school senpai. Look up Ronda Rouseys fights for a more modern approach.
>>
>>35366325
Sure. And how would you expect a street fighter to hold his own in the ring with someone who does this shit all day every day?

Non boxer indeed.
>>
File: search.jpg (3 KB, 102x91) Image search: [Google]
search.jpg
3 KB, 102x91
>>35366329
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>35366347
> hurr durr she's a bad boxer because she got KOed once

Do you know how many times Ali and Tyson respectively have been rekt?
>>
Unless its some super serious try hard gym where the people actually have professional records you'll be welcomed with open arms as long as you pay on time.
>>
>>35366296
i lose more brain cells browsing this site than i ever will in the ring
>>
>>35366366
She's objectively a bad boxer bud.
>>
>>35366329
>>35366366

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O3Gjdaboys
>>
>>35366038
find the fighting threads on /asp/ you colossal faggot.
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo1.jpg (27 KB, 420x240) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo1.jpg
27 KB, 420x240
>>35366038
this is fucking pure un-altered cringe, thank you so much. btw have fun getting your nose broken by a black guy that actually can put up a better fight than your faggy beaner friends in high school.
>>
I'm 6'2 178, I competed at light heavy, I got FUCKED up by SMALL dudes when I first walked in. Footwork, conditioning, technique all these things. You're going to get ass raped if you get into the ring with heavies (>178).
>>
>>35366223
I detect a bullshit factory that cant fight. Ignore this one OP and carry on in your task. Just dont expect to make money off ot even if you do get good
>>
>>35366302
You arent a boxer stop lying faggot. Street fighters do fine in boxing after learning fundamentals which takes all of 5 minutes to learn, which many street fighters already know
>>
>>35366038
You won't have a chance in a spar when you first walk in the door
Your previous experience was against people on the same level as you and its built up a precious little ego for you
But if you actually train for a few months, who knows, you might eventually get good at it
>>
>>35366366
Ali got knocked down 4 times and Tyson 6

It's not much considering how many they won
>>
>>35366206
Beating a boxer in a street fight doesn't mean you can beat him in a boxing match.
>>
>>35366038
Just show up, workout. If you want to compete talk to your trainer and he'll let you know when he thinks you're ready.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.