[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I enter Kylo Ren mode?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
How do I enter Kylo Ren mode?
>>
Kill your daddy maybe
>>
File: 6db.jpg (59 KB, 600x446) Image search: [Google]
6db.jpg
59 KB, 600x446
>mfw I thought the villain was gonna be a fucking badass from the start of the film

>mfw he wasn't
>>
>don't work out
>don't learn how to fight
>destroy a console in a fit of adolescent rage
>kill your dad Han Solo
>>
>>35365884
Angry lanklet mode losing girl to manlet.

Be angry,
Get rejected,
Profit???
>>
>Be skellingman
>Apply shovel to face thoroughly
>Shop exclusively at Hot Topic
>Scream at your real dad about how cool your step dad is
>Get jobbed by an 18 year old girl
>>
File: nztes5ptDX1tgankwo.gif (2 MB, 500x205) Image search: [Google]
nztes5ptDX1tgankwo.gif
2 MB, 500x205
>be awesome with mask on
>take mask off
>be a bitch

i heard some girl say "he's soo hot" when they finally show his face

bitch prolly doesn't even like star wars REEEEEE
>>
>>35365952
I know clapping at the end is just a meme, but do Americans really talk through movies?
>>
>>35365961
I went to the movie with a group of friends.

When he takes his helmet off one of my friends, in a room level voice goes

"Wow, he's fuck ugly."

Most of the theater laughed.

America.jpg
>>
>>35365961
Only stupid ones..
>>
>>35365961
sometimes?

my friend and I were pretty silent save for a couple moments during the film.

it was pretty fucking cringy in the theater when i went.

>Han solo appears
>cheering
>clapping

i realized I don't like the theater simply because of the audience.
>>
>>35365961
All the nigger Normie's clapped like six times throughout the movie when shit goes mainstream people thinks it will benefit them to forge some habersham of franchise investment. Harrison. Clap. R2 clap. Millennium falcon. Clap. Leia clap. Ackbar. NOTHING.
>>
He's Jacen solo basically. Oy Darth Caedus learned all sorts of obscure force shit before he went all dark. Kylo basically declares himself force royalty and got his ass kicked for it.
>>
>>35365994

nah dude I heard some snickers for the ackbar.
>>
>>35365994

End of movie=full on applause. Seriously?
>>
>>35365996
Yeah, didn't he learn crazy shit from some bird lady who worked with the Vong or something?
>>
>>35365969
this is why shootings are a thing in america
>>
>>35365961
when han solo died, I heard fucking sobbing a few rows behind me. wtf
>>
>>35365884

3 x F nose stretch
>>
>>35365961
Just saw Star Wars tonight. People clapped at the end.
>>
>>35366010
Yeah man. I mean not for any normal movie but this shit was so fucki. Hyped up. You couldn't get away from it. and people love to act like they're a part of it now. So no just for star wars recently. Full on applause. Better movies have ended silently. Its just a masturbatory social thing. Not like a play or concert no one will hear it no creators are there. Just the ushers and they must be twice sick of it.
>>
>Best performance in the flick
Take acting lessons. I'm pissed off that he was written as such a bitch though - he should have run that nigger through like a spoon through jelly, and losing a pushing match to an untrained girl is just preposterous.

>>35366035
Oh come on, that was legit sad.
>>
File: Traitor.gif (48 KB, 208x331) Image search: [Google]
Traitor.gif
48 KB, 208x331
>>35365952
>>
The new movies are the prequel all over again with slightly better writing but still a bad screenplay
>>
Like the casting of kylo must've been interesting. We need someone with an obviously fucked up nose but we don't wanna steal Harrison's nose thunder so it needs to be a jacked nose but not too jacked. Oh how about jewy mc Lincoln log.
>>
>>35366063
How about instead we list everything that was wrong with Ep VII? I'll start
>Dude raised to be a soldier from birth emerges into freedom with a fully-formed personality
>People jerking backwards from firing mounted weaponry
>Flying a TIE without a spacesuit
>Establishing a character is exceptionally agile, but having her beat her foes through brawn alone
>>
>>35366053
>>35366035
>>35365994
>>35365989
>>35365977
>>35365969
Jesus Christ, the applauding at the end thing is real? Who are they applauding? Do they not realise the characters are just on a screen and not really there?

American herd mentality is fucking weird. Creepy, almost.
>>
>>35366089
Red lightsaber guy who is near complete in training could hardly take on a braindead ex stormtrooper in a pure saber duel. Doesn't land a killing blow even. Then gets bodied by girl who got her lightsaber six hours ago. If he isn't some sort of splinter cell for the good side he is seriously one of the saddest villains in film history. Still considering though he might be a good guy I disguise instead of just a pussy.
>>
>>35366110
The force could have left him for some retarded reason
Maybe killing your dad makes the force angry at you
Like Jesus
>>
>>35365884
This movie was terrible. If dubs then the next two will be better
>>
>>35366089
it seriously had THE SAME EXACT PLOT POINT-FOR-POINT as the first movie.
>>
File: 0232113546.jpg (29 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
0232113546.jpg
29 KB, 624x352
>MFW there is better film discussion on fit then on tv
>>
>>35366089
More like
>heavy handed references
>rehashing
>Finn not getting instantly demolished by Kylo
>Rey beating Kylo without any training
>General Cux's Hitler speech
>Snoke
>"actually the Death Star was only this big, this new superweapon is THIS big!!"
>Finn, Rey and Poe becoming super best friends almost immediately
Still good fun.
>>
>>35366120
There's a theory han stabbed himself too. They both had a grasp on the hilt. And that's y he said thank you. I doubt it'd be that well thought out however.
>>
>>35366136
It's a well established fact that /tv/ has the worst taste in film on 4chan, just as /mu/ has the worst taste in music, /fa/ the worst taste in fashion, etc.
>>
File: 1449365701503.jpg (46 KB, 640x611) Image search: [Google]
1449365701503.jpg
46 KB, 640x611
>>35366152
>yfw han is revealed to be alive in sequel
>>
>>35366159
Agreed. /tv/ thinks ep. VII is a 2/10 film all in all.
>>
>>35366144
>Rey beating Kylo without any training
This I can just about tolerate, since Kylo was doing the whole 'join me and I can teach you' thing. They fucked up when Rey overcame Kylo in a straight physical pushing match though.

>>35366179
I give it 3/5, but DISREGARD THAT I LIKEd THE PREQUELS
>>
Heard suggestions that Rey was Luke's only student who survived after rylo went dark side. It makes sense that way, as she's not learning force powers rather as breaking through mental blocks put in place by Luke.

Not the biggest issue though. When (presumably) Corsicant blew up, they focused on one chick. Who was that? Was that even a reublic world.
>>
>>35365961
>Star Wars scrolling text at beginning of movie
>retarded teenage girls "WWWHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" and clap
>random bro "hopefully that's the fucking end of that"
>men kek heartily
>silence entire movie

Keep your pimp hand strong bros. It works.
>>
File: 1450735359878.png (464 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
1450735359878.png
464 KB, 878x900
>>35366136
It's the worst board on 4chan

I can take /co/ and /v/ faggotry any day but that place is just irredeemable.
>>
You guys did notice that he was wounded when chewie shot him right?
>>
>>35366228
Name one lightsabre duel kylo could have had prior to confronting rey.
>>
>>35366266
We did. He wasn't subtle about it at all. With the blood dripping and everything. I still think that's no excuse. Plot armor is a weird thing yall. Stronger than any stormtrooper armor. Those bitches drop in one hit.
>>
File: dal wit id.gif (1 MB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
dal wit id.gif
1 MB, 500x376
>>35366291
>Luke Skywalker
>Snoke
>TR-8R
You didn't think too hard about that one, did you?
>>
File: _1398824834.jpg (214 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
_1398824834.jpg
214 KB, 600x709
>>35365952
This guy?
>>
get cucked by an old decaying sith lord and kill your dad
>>
File: 1450587775002.jpg (97 KB, 533x471) Image search: [Google]
1450587775002.jpg
97 KB, 533x471
>this emo lankfag is supposed to be the new Jacen Solo
JFMSUF
>>
>>35366242

I don't think that was Coruscant, I think it was just some generic Republican city-world.

I'd like to start naming names out of the EU but seeing as that's all void now it might as well be Shittooine or Nar Fuckar for all I know
>>
File: 1439243179259.png (487 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1439243179259.png
487 KB, 900x900
>>35365994

YEA I couldn't fucking stand the fucking applause every time those fucks saw something they recognized. God damn normies
>>
>>35366110

He was just shot by a fucking wookie cross bow to the gut man. The fact that he was even alive after that AND was 1v2ing shows how strong he is
>>
>>35366242
>>35366345
Hosnian system
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Destruction_of_the_Hosnian_system
>>
File: 1451024168383.png (362 KB, 504x436) Image search: [Google]
1451024168383.png
362 KB, 504x436
>Harrison ford's son
>>
>>35366099
Le reddit.jpg faggit
>>
>>35366110
He is the only who have stopped a blaster shot with the Force. And I don't say deflected but stoped it. Also, afaik, he is the only who can literally take information out of people's head. Also >>35366372
>>
>>35366144
The speech was the only part i liked.
>>
>>35366063
TRAITOR
>>
>>35366144

>General Cuck
>>
>>35366432
He seems gifted in the force cuz his mom is a Skywalker. But he sucks at swordfighting.
>>
>>35366089
Everything you listed plus

*spoilers*

>I'm only the cashless of casual of Star Wars fans, but I didn't understand who the old guy at the beginning was, & the film didn't acknowledge him ever again
>Finn tells Rey to fly low to get around the TIEs tracking, but the TIEs still manage to track and shoot them just fine regardless of altitude
>Finn laments to Poe that he doesn't have a real name, but he was stolen as a baby, and virtually everyone else he had interacted with had a serial number as a name, so how the hell does he know that having a serial number as a name is inhumane?
>Rey knowing about the Jedi mind tricks with zero training whatsoever
>a ship with cameras on board cannot find an escaped prisoner
>Absolutely no attempt made to establish how the First Order came to exist, or what happened to the Republic
>How the heck do you build something the size of Neptune in 30 years
>How do you justify building a replacement Death Star the size of a very large terrestrial planet with exactly one weak point
>No one showed absolutely any remorse that half of the Resistance fighters died
>First Order knows the exact planet the Resistance is hanging out on, but the Resistance thinks it can casually blow up their super weapon without any fear of immediate retribution
>Finn was trained to be a soldier his entire life, but also work in sanitation; he's never been in combat before yet he's out shooting experienced pilots and storm troopers. He also put up a valiant light sane ring effort against a trained Jedi
>absolutely no change to the uniforms of storm troopers in thirty years
>TIE fighters are also unchanged in 30 years
>the silver suit storm trooper had enough technical knowledge to shut down the force shields without anyone in central command figuring it out, yet also did not ask for help/send an encrypted SOS
>she also did not put up any fight both captured and when presumably taken to the trash compactor

That said, it was still an enjoyable movie
>>
File: OOPSOLAIRE.jpg (78 KB, 603x561) Image search: [Google]
OOPSOLAIRE.jpg
78 KB, 603x561
>>35365884
>TFW I thought he'd be all the good parts of Vader
>TFW he was all the shitty, child-like parts of Vader without any of the skill
>pic related
>>
>>35366070
Wrong
>>
>>35365961
i almost had to talk to a kid during our showing his friends kept shushing him during the harry potter movie trailer he was literally screaming at his friends "NO ITS NOT HARRY POTTER IF HARRY POTTER ISNT IN THE NAME OF THE MOVIE" he went down to a whisper when thw movie started but it was still annoying
>>
>>35366487
I have to retract my TIE criticism, because apparently the one that Finn and Poe took was a special forces variant with added features.

>I didn't understand who the old guy at the beginning was
Just some random Resistance sympathiser. He's not mentioned again because he's dead.

>Absolutely no attempt made to establish how the First Order came to exist, or what happened to the Republic
The cop-out for this is that there are some companion books which flesh-out the setting.

>How the heck do you build something the size of Neptune in 30 years
>How do you justify building a replacement Death Star the size of a very large terrestrial planet with exactly one weak point
They didn't build it from scratch: it's a hollowed-out planet. The more pertinent question is why the Empire/First Order are so fixated with giant superweapon orbs despite the Rebel Alliance/Resistance's demonstrated proficiency at destroying them.

>No one showed absolutely any remorse that half of the Resistance fighters died
That's the big one. In objective terms, the First Order are the winners of Ep VII.

I didn't rate Rey's acting either. Her actress was not at all convincing during the torture scene or talking to BB-8 when they first met.

Additionally,
>We're heading to the Resistance base!
>Arrive
>Actually a Resistance middle-distance running training camp - everyone jogging all over the place
>>
>>35366063
TRAITOR!
>>
>>35366489
All the good parts of Vader are impossible to reconstitute as something that isn't just a Vader rip-off. By actually doing a different direction with Kylo, he's a much better character for it.
>>
>>35366738
>I didn't rate Rey's acting either. Her actress was not at all convincing during the torture scene or talking to BB-8 when they first met.

[Setting: deep in a Disney production office]

Goldberg: We need someone girl-power-y, but also kind of sensitive

Rubenstein: So like the chick from Hunger Games?

Goldberg: Exactly! We need Jennifer Lawrence!

Rubenstein: But she costs too much and she's all booked out.

Goldberg: *on phone* CASTIN' DEPARTMENT! Get me one o' dem cut-price J-Laws, immejeitly!
>>
>>35366738

What I didn't understand is straight after Han dies and chewy walks out of the millenium. Leia is there walking towards the ship and in the exact same shot you see chewy walk right by her doing nothing. You'd think Hans best friend and waifu would at least sympathize with each other and offer condolences. Also the mourning period doesn't last very long
>>
>>35366826
>Also the mourning period doesn't last very long

Well they've been engaged in what? Thirty years of continuous war?

Say you're in Stalingrad, 1942. You're a Russian veteran of WWI and the Revolution/Civil War -- even if someone you've known for years as a good mate dies, you just won't have the luxury of mourning the way you would in peacetime.
>>
>>35366828

The whole movie was shallow. I knew JJ would fuck it up. But you would think for the audience sake, they would have at least spent a bit of time taking advantage of their emotions for the sake of drama
>>
Saw the movie with my 60 year old dad and he said that the "new Darth Vader guy was kind of faggy" and that boyega was a "bumbling idiot". Finally we agree on something.
>>
Her beating Kylo fucked it up for me. I can accept a lot of shit but don't tell me one of the most badass Sith a movie has show gets beat on by a garbage man and hobo girl.

There are a lot of plot issues I'm fine with and will allow them to play out or understand it's for the fans. Vader can shrug off the strongest movie force lightning and throw a man off a cliff via an OHP, but the dude who stops blasters in the air like it's nothing can't do shit about the crossbow blast and can't just beat a garbage man one handed? He freezes people in place for fun and can pull purple across rooms.
>>
>>35366063
TRAITOR
>>
>>35365931
Fuck you.
>>
>>35366487
>Rey knowing about the Jedi mind tricks with zero training whatsoever
That is not necessarily wrong, though...

Assuming she's been using the force on her own from a young age and is pretty much a prodigy.

But if she was the dumb "What... f-force!? I can do these things!?!? Woooow..." then that's absolutely insane.

(I didn't nor would I watch this movie)
>>
>TFW Finn has better social skills than you despite having never been treated as anything but a nameless, faceless soldier
>>
>>35365884

Be tall and thin and have a dashing face.
>>
File: 1402829880949.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1402829880949.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>>35366041
top kek
>>
>>35366738
i was kinda disappointed that Resistance had only X-Wings, where disappeared B-Wings,Y-Wings and all the others?
>>
Pretty sure the guy plays a beta cuck on that lena dunham show, but at least he is a better anakin than Hayden Christensen
>>35367559
He's probably Lando's son or something
>>
File: kylo ren.jpg (316 KB, 800x362) Image search: [Google]
kylo ren.jpg
316 KB, 800x362
>>35367581
>dashing face
are you saying he's handsome? bruh hes objectively ugly as fuck
>>
>>35365952
>>35365969
>>35366062
>>35366110
This is the point of Kylo Ren's character. He's not supposed to be a menacing Sith Lord. He is nothing more than a kid in over his head, trying too hard to live up to a mythological image of his grandfather, but his own immaturity (as shown in his fits of uncontrolled rage and taking the mask off) quickly undoes any illusion of that.

Personally, I think Adam Driver portrayed this brilliantly, and it's much better than [owerful capable controlled menacing Sith lord with no characterization #27
>>
>>35365884
fucking be born with ears like dumbo
>>
>>35366763
I have to disagree. They said he was the leader of the knights of Ren, but he acts like a child. Vader was menacing as fuck, and we got the impression he was the right hand of the Emperor, even if he WAS an angry old man. With Ren, we see some kid with daddy issues constantly squabbling with his superiors (Hux was clearly a seasoned general, and I think he only took Ren's shit because of the embarrassment of Fin escaping) and breaking shit. Then he proves to be completely incompetent. The overwhelming vibe I got from him was an edgy rebellious teenager with a superiority complex trying to play with the big boys, and being tolerated by the military because he's essentially a political prisoner.

I was honestly underwhelmed by him. And him wearing a mask was just ridiculous. Literally everybody knows who he is, and he makes no attempt to hide it. And he also throws it away during battles.

I was honestly more intimidated by the Stormtrooper in grey armor. She at least seemed somewhat sinister.
>>
>>35365884
100 Sheep Squats EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
>>
File: adam+driver+shirtless.jpg (178 KB, 395x613) Image search: [Google]
adam+driver+shirtless.jpg
178 KB, 395x613
>>35367737
>>35365969
>>35365952

BTW, a lot of girls drool over this guy thanks to his role in GIRLS. He's still sexy despite his weird face and ears. So what's your excuse?
>>
>>35366383
shut it down
>>
File: satisfied rippletits.jpg (117 KB, 405x513) Image search: [Google]
satisfied rippletits.jpg
117 KB, 405x513
>>35367774
>tfw almost lmao5sheep for reps
>>
>>35365884
God damn was that movie shit.

Kylo Ren as a character was pretty interesting, internal struggle, trying not to spill spaghetti, etc.

Everything else = shit.
>>
I wish he would be my gymbro....
>>
>>35367744
>>35367772
>overwhelming vibe I got from him was an edgy rebellious teenager with a superiority complex trying to play with the big boys, and being tolerated by the military because he's essentially a political prisoner.
>I was honestly underwhelmed by him. And him wearing a mask was just ridiculous. Literally everybody knows who he is, and he makes no attempt to hide it. And he also throws it away during battles.

they're setting him up to be a foil to Rey. He's going to learn with her through the movies, as given by the end scene where Snoke says it's time to complete his training. Rather than other Sith lords who already know everything.
>>
>>35366063
TRATOR
>>
>>35366089
>>35366089
>not thinking he could just be the one in a million who still has a conscience
>actually noticing this
>not realising the TIE's in the movie were clearly a newer model
>retarded point desu senpai
>being this autistic
>>
>>35366159
And of course, /fit/ doesn't even lift.
>>
>>35366144
The hitler speech was actually bretty gud. He delivered it well, usually those kind of things are pure cringe but he actually seemed like a real genocidal facist.
>>
File: domesticating nig-nogs.jpg (65 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
domesticating nig-nogs.jpg
65 KB, 480x600
>>35366875

This.

Also
>garbage man and hobo girl

Kek

The trash shute was a natural choice.
>>
File: 1437088355231.jpg (49 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
1437088355231.jpg
49 KB, 555x407
>>35367737

Hence the mask, anon.
>>
File: 1444380508518.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1444380508518.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>35367744

Valid point. And let me add no-one's referring to him as Sith. Mainly bc he's not.
>>
>>35367744
This guy gets it. Everyone else is missing the point or wishing he was some kind of ultimate badass.
>>
>>35366063
TR8R!!!
>>
>>35367744

He is what Anakin should have been in the prequels.

And he was badass when frozed that blast mid-air in the beginning.
>>
>>35365884

CRAAAWWWLIIIINNGG IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNN
>>
>>35365884
That motherfucker has ridiculous midface proportions.
>>
>>35366228
Kylo had just been shot in the gut
>>35366089
> no space suits in a TIE
Eh, it's a new model. It's been 30+ years since the original trilogy, Siennar Systems could have made a lot of major design changes in that time
>>
>>35367787
as hetero male, Adam Driver IS sexy.
>>
>>35367918
this. He uses the dark side, this doesn't equate to Sith. Fucking bandwagon faggots.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 553x567
>>35365961
>mfw five people in whole theater
>mfw people other than me and bro are nerds so they are completely silent and watch
>mfw no clapping at end
The only real way to watch a movie tbqh
>>
>>35366063
Traitor Traitor Traitor Traitor Traitor Traitor
>>
>>35367521
Why would you enter a star wars thread... On 4chan?
>>
>>35365884
You must kill your father to unlock your final form
>>
Crawl in your skin to failure
>>
>>35367744
This. He's supposed to be a semi-loser who doesn't have complete control. Control of his anger, control of light saber dueling, control of the force, etc. His character is a washed up sith apprentice, and the actor portrayed this violent and scared persona well.
>>
>>35365884
Kill Han Solo.
>>
>>35365952
What the fuck is that and why am I seeing it so much?
>>
>>35368140
You watched Star Wars with only 5 people in the theater?
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 474x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 474x450
I saw a theory that Rey is actually Luke and Leia's daughter before they realized they were brother and sister. Out of shame, they dropped her off on the planet. This would explain her force sensitivity. This would also explain her ability to use the force rather quickly. Her father would be Luke, and her mother Leia. Two force sensitive parents, and one being a Jedi, would lend itself to making someone a pretty force sensitive individual. So that explains her ability with the force. Now, on to the part where she beats Kylo Ren in the duel.

She. Already. Uses. A. Fucking. Stick.

Of course she can match him, she has been using that metal pole for defense on Jakku. She has been training with that for years probably, so it's no surprise she can use something with even less weight effectively. Combine this with the fact that Kylo probably didn't have much experience or regular practice dueling, and I see no reason to be surprised that Rey beat Kylo Ren.
>>
>>35368344
The weapon? It's against lightsabers.
>>
>>35368345
Yeah it was great
>>
>>35367521

What the fuck how could you not expect spoilers in this thread
>>
>>35368366
Retarded theory, ep. 7 is 30 years after ep 6. Rey is 23 top.
>>
>>35368383
Even if her force sensitivity isn't explained, this theory at least explains why she beats Kylo Ren
>>
>>35365898
He doesn't do that until the end.

For those who haven't seen it: or does he??
>>
>>35368395

I was reacting the Luke n Leila incest part. Kylo got rekt because he was shot by Chewbaca's OP blaster, and Rey was guided by the force, that's pretty obvious, and all those people who can't understand this are retarded.
>>
>>35368366
She's like Anakin except the force chose to put a baby in Luke like Arnie in Junior.

Whatever's going on she's p much a proper re imagining of Anakin done right. I don't think it's a terrible theory but I doubt we're going to have a Oedipus like story in a movie for kids unless it's mildly hinted at.

Also the stormtrooper guy is blatantly not just a stormtrooper whatever the actor's saying.
>>
>>35368428
There are plenty of reasons as to why Kylo Ren would be beaten by Rey
>>
>>35368428
Kylo also not a great saber fighter. The big hologram guy that may or may not be the mentor Darth Sidious thought he'd killed seems to not want to teach him shit beyond what he has to.
>>
>>35368457
There's so much more we need to know about Fin's character. But I don't think it's wrong that he's decent with a blaster. You train a lot as a soldier, and there's no reason why someone who's a janitor can't also be a decent shot.
>>
>>35368366
It's a fucking stick, mayne. She has not read The Book of Five Rings to realize that it might be prudent to master more than one weapon. Finn even went toe to toe with him. Sure, he was wounded and shit but the fight scene still felt off.
Regarding the theory, beyond the fact that's absurd, Rey most likely will be Luke's daughter or something, regarding the connection to Anakin's lightsaber. Given how Kylo is loosely based on Darth Caedus and they took some parts out of the EU (because the rest is episode IV without Vader) maybe, her mother will be Mara Jade or the rendition of her in this universe.
>>
>>35368474
Yeah, like in the US navy, one day you are a radar technician or part of an assault team, the next day you washing floor n shit.

>>35368461
Yes like >>35368473
>>
>>35368474
Actually most other stormtroopers still have stormtrooper aim iirc.

Finn is force-sensitive, which contributes to his skill with a blaster. There are many scenes where he whips around and shoots a stormtrooper he shouldn't have known was there. Also why he can use a lightsaber as an untrained novice without cutting himself
>>
>>35368474
He was firing at people before he saw them a lot and dodging laser bullets like nobody's business. Plus light sabres. I think he's not going to have a lineage as such but he'll end up being a new jedi.

The one that gets me is the Po guy, I think his suddenly turning up after double or triple dying is hinting at something bigger going on. Abrams apparently originally had him just dying but then worked out a way for him to come back so it probably just fits into something he intended to do later.

My money's on something like a battlestar uploaded consciousness thing going on.
>>
>>35368521
I doubt it, they just wrote that in because they needed a 3rd main character for the next movie, and because Poe is great. He wasn't a main in this movie to make room for you-know-who, but now that he's dead they need a 3rd for the next movie.
>>
>>35368537
I dunno. If Abrams just keeps it as an almost plot hole I'll be really disappointed. There are problems with what I'm saying too but I'll be interested in how he finagled it.
>>
>>35367772
>Vader was menacing as fuck, and we got the impression he was the right hand of the Emperor, even if he WAS an angry old man.
You felt like he'd totally have just gone and fucked that Sidious up if Luke had just gone "Yeah dad I'll rule the galaxy with you". Vader was just biding his time whereas there's a legitimate power struggle between Kylo as that one Jedi and the other normie officers.
>>
>>35368473
Well, both Snoke and Plagueis are Muun species.
>>
>>35365961
>I know clapping at the end is just a meme,
No it's not.
>>
>>35367748

Plastic surgery for that is pretty cheap.
>>
>>35368620
Noice. I always thought the "yah like my mentor could cheat death and that so I just fucking strangled the idiot" was always begging for the mentor to just turn up again.
>>
>>35367787

His right arm is huge compared to his left one
>>
>>35365884
Profess your loyalty to Lord Snokie Poo
>>
>>35366063
TRAITOR
>>
>>35367716

This. I love the y wing, but at the time they're now very old. But that last mission was perfect for a fighter bomber like the b wing. Also, the assault earlier would have been a perfect time for the fast and maneuverable a wing. Also, what happened to the tie interceptors?
>>
>>35366089
>how did you get that lightsaber
> *hand waving everywhere*
>>
>>35368315
I think this was sort of an origin story for him. Now he's got himself a nice face wound and a patricide on his record.
>>
>>35365884
Suck dick and sell your boipussi to get cast in a shitty reboot.
>>
>>35369203
Yeah this is really a jumping off point for him. I think he'll develop nicely
>>
>>35366144
>actually the Death Star was only this big, this new superweapon is THIS big!!
I liked that.

The little droid sticking his bit of the map into R2D2's map annoyed me a bit tho. I understand the scrappy doo worries
>>
>>35367787
CHEST GAP
WIDE HIPS
GIRAFFE NECK
BIG NOSE

>still made it
brehs there's hope after all. im so happy merry christmas you /fit/ fucking faggots
>>
>>35365884
>be the weird kid who sits in the back of class and never speaks the whole year
>act like a temper tantrum throwing little bitch
>never lift
>starve yourself
>>
>>35369612
Everyone has a chest gap or potentially has one if that's what you think one is. The only people that don't have a line between the pecs have fat there or have had plastic surgery.
>>
>>35369640
Sergi Nubret, Arnold and Zane all don't have a chest gap. Chest gap is the lack of pectoral origin at the sternum usually. A "triangle" of missing muscle.
>>
>>35369640
scratch that Zane has it
>>
>>35366875
> throw a man off a cliff via an OHP

with his bionic arms
>>
>>35369687
>>35369702
You've been got by the chest gap troll m8. Some people have an unusual separation of the pecs at the sternum usually down to the sternum being weirdly placed or deformed through pectus excavatum or similar. Everyone has some separation tho due to the muscular origin if they are lean enough. Most people have round pecs too so you often get a little triangle space at the bottom. Chest gap is any separations that are large or asymmetrical or otherwise weird.
>>
>>35368005
>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL

how did they fuck up the writing so bad?
>>
>>35365961
>clapping is a meme

I have been to many movies where people clap.
>>
File: 1450751674646.jpg (233 KB, 1275x558) Image search: [Google]
1450751674646.jpg
233 KB, 1275x558
>>35368344
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/24742/tr-8r--hero-of-the-first-order
>>
>>35365994
> no comment on the C3PO appearance
You haven't seen it.
>>
>>35369766
By that standard everyone with slight chestgap is normal but full chests like on Arnold are "good genetics then?" Makes sense.
>>
File: arnold.jpg (59 KB, 682x482) Image search: [Google]
arnold.jpg
59 KB, 682x482
>>35369903
Even Arnie had a bit of a gap and a teeny triangle. He probs had some mild plastic surgery but his original chest is p aesthetic whatever
>>
>>35366063
TRAITOR
>>
>>35365952

TR-8R best Star Wars character
>>
First of all you fuck tards, he IS NOT a sith. He is not fully trained which is why I assume his lightsaber is a barely functioning piece of shit, seeing as how building your own light saber is part of a Jedi's training trials. Being strong with the force doesn't mean you're autmomatocally a good saber duelist. Add in his uncontollable temper and his blaster wound in his gut, then it almost becomes absurd that he would beat Rey in a duel. Rey has been on her own for a long time and is clearly talented in melee fighting or she wouldn't carry around a staff. So all you idiots crying "OOOOOH PLOTHOLE HOW CAN A SITH BE BEAT BY A NON JEDI" can lick the veiniest part of my dick.
>>
>>35370122

This.

His sabre crackles because Dark Siders traditionally synthesise focusing crystals for the sabre, and his sucked. Same with duelling, that shit was a big deal to Sith lords, but he's not a Sith lord so that's why he's a shitty fighter.

However Rey being so Force proficient when totally untrained is bullshit, not even Annakin and Luke were that good.
>>
>>35370122
Kylo ren has had extensive formal training, rey has a few experiences stopping alien rape attempts. It doesn't make any sense you fucking retard. Rey is a dumb mary sue bitch, you're just a feminist cuck.
>>
>>35370181
Thank fuck Spielberg got Lucas to cut the scene where Ep 1 Anakin fights droids with a saber
>>
>>35370181
Proficient? Hmmm maybe. He uses force push once I believe and stun, not really impressive. He is able to read minds but the first force sensitve person be tries that on gets the better of him. Not impressed with his force power really
>>
>>35370181
welcome to teh 21st century faggit

girls are better than boys at everything without even training/practicing
>>
>>35370181
But womyn are the strongest xDxDxD
>>
>>35370244
Lol sauce?
>>
>>35370264
I'll try to hunt it down, but it was essentially the only thing that lucas backed down on after Spielberg saw it and told him to cut it, and it nearly broke their friendship
>>
>>35367744
this.
I loved the movie
>>
>>35370181

-rey is more powerful than a trained sith apprentice..

-rey is an incredible pilot without ever flying a ship

-rey beats up 2 huge men who were trying to rape her without breaking a sweat

-rey fixes a problem in the Falcon that even Han couldn't fix when he has been taking care of the ship for years

-Finn runs away from the fight like a bitch while Rey is trying to get him to stay and fight

-Rey kills multiple storm troopers who have been training since childhood with blasters
>>
>>35365884
>How do I enter Kylo Ren mode?

>Find a busy streetcorner in a bad part of town
>Solicit men for gay sex
>Suck hundreds of dicks
>Be sure to lick balls and swallow cum
>Become terminally emo
>Welcome to Kylo Ren mode!
>>
>>35370322
Cringe
>>
>>35365961
GOOD JAAAAAAAAAB GOOD JAAAAAAAAAB GOOD JAAAAAAAAAB GOOD JAAAAAAAAAB
>>
>>35370313
J.J. has verified that Kylo is not a sith. The sith died with vader, so stop calling him a fucking sith
>>
File: tumblr_nzkhokD8PS1ry7w6zo1_500.png (648 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzkhokD8PS1ry7w6zo1_500.png
648 KB, 500x700
>>35366770
except Daisy Ridley is 1000% more kawaii than j lawrence
>>
pic related
>>
>>35366063
TRAITOR
>>
File: shiggity.gif (306 KB, 170x153) Image search: [Google]
shiggity.gif
306 KB, 170x153
>>35365931
>destroy a console in a fit of adolescent rage
pretty much this, stop lifting and start playing CoD all day. Be sure to skip meals for max skelly mode
>>
>>35370377

He looks like a RRREEEEEEEE
>>
>>35370372

Shame she can't act for shit
>>
>>35370353
>being this buttblasted by a shitty movie made by a money hungry Jew
>>
>>35365961
there was clapping when I saw it but it was from teens and edgelords.
>>
>>35370181
>when totally untrained
She is wearing fucking Jedi clothing as a kid in the flashback and jedi rags as an adult. So what makes you think she's totally untrained?

The real bullshit is messiah Anakin being so shit in the prequels when Luke was p much amazing after barely training.
>>
>>35370313
Anakin was like 5 and the best podracer ever. And Luke was driving around smashing womprats in the pussymobile and blowing up deathstars without the targeting system
>>
>>35370553
uhh luke trained with yoda for a long ass time

and anakin wasnt shit... obi wan was just better
>>
>>35370575
ya the key there is that both anakin and luke PRACTICED doing that shit

whereas Rey was automatically the best WITHOUT EVER DOING IT BEFORE
>>
>>35370313

Also the fixing the falcon makes sense too. Besides the fact that she survived by scavenging scrap ships making her tech proficient, the part she bypassed was the bit that was added after the falcon was stolen. Han didn't think to bypass it because he never put it there in the first place.
>>
>>35365935
He put the guy in a coma though, that's something.
>>
>>35370598
thats kinda like saying a janitor has the same tech proficiency as an engineer because the janitor works at an engineering company
>>
>>35370584
Anakin train from child tho m8

>>35370593
She literally fixed and scavenged from spaceships her whole life, almost exactly the same as Anakin building C3PO. Plus it was p clearly stated she was more up to date on the mods made to the falcon than Han
>>
>>35365931
this is pretty accurate
>>
>>35370584
He trained with Yoda for like a couple of weeks.
>>
>>35368366
I really fucking hope that actually is the origin story. I feel like they wouldnt have the balls to do that tho
>>
>>35366063
T R A I T O R
>>
>>35370625

No. You saw her life right? Pretty clearly knows her shit with tech.
>>
>>35370647
>>35368366
Do more chromosomes mean more midi chlorian?
>>
You are all missing the obvious reason. It's a fucking Disney movie so there had to be OP feminist Mary Sue defeating all the oppressive men.
>>
>>35370634
k so? obi wan had 20 years experience on anakin

nowhere is it stated that she fixed anything. scavenging shit doesnt lend to technical proficiency

the movie is literally a farce

Rey is the best at everything the first time she ever tries stuff despite living as a scavenger her whole life on "quarter rations"

this is akin to me beating up chuck liddell without ever training

this is akin to me shooting down the red baron without ever flying a plane before

this is akin to me fixing a satellite just because i scavenged some nuts and bolts out of one once
>>
>>35366063
TRAITOR
>>
>>35370685
>Rey is the best at everything the first time she ever tries stuff despite living as a scavenger her whole life on "quarter rations"
Anakin was a champion pod racer that built advanced androids from scrap without ever coming close to puberty amd Luke was an expert fighter pilot in space after fucking about shooting vermin in his flying car.

How much clearer does it have to be made that high force potential means you're just awesome at shit in general without really trying or doing shit before? They can literally see the fucking future m8.
>>
>>35370670
>its the force i aint gotta explain shit.jpg

for real tho i dont the force was ever properly explained outside the non canon stuff i think so double the chromosomes double the strenght might as well be a thing.
>>
>>35370743
youre missing the point retard

anakin was pod racing FOR MANY YEARS TO GET THAT GOOD

luke was flying a T-16 (not a flying car) HIS WHOLE LIFE

rey hops in the falcon to pilot it for the first time ever and out-flies 2 tie-fighter pilots who have TRAINED THEIR WHOLE LIVES TO FLY TIE FIGHTERS
>>
>>35365912
Right? Like he starts out cool with the mask and stuff and seems like a bad ass but when he takes off the mask he's actually just a pissed suburban white kid throwing a his system fit with daddy. The giant dude seems like a g though
>>
>>35368366
You know what theory I like? She's a female Luke clone from his hand that got cut off. Contrived, but better than the cliche alternative of being his daughter.
>>
>>35370830
>implying she hasn't got Obi Wan on one side of her family, and Sheev on the other
>>
>>35366317
He never battles Luke dicktits. At least we don't think so. Also, tr8 tor doesn't have a lightsabre.
>>
>>35370762
>anakin was pod racing FOR MANY YEARS TO GET THAT GOOD
He was 9 and the absolute pinnacle of pod racing.

Luke doing vermin control in a desert is not the same as fighting in space.
>>
>>35368507
exactly. I'm in the Navy right now. that's exactly how it is.
>>
>>35370945
He didn't just hit them mane. He bullseyed them
>>
>>35370743
It's literally a space opera don't take shit so literal you fucking tard. For fucks' sake a legion of the emperor's best troops were defeated by 4 foot teddy bears wielding sticks and bows in ep.6
>>
>>35370976 sorry that was meant for
>>35370762
>>
>>35369171
I have no idea. Director probably went on purpose only with the iconic fighters that everybody knows saving "specialities" for next movie.
>>
>>35365961
>clapping at the end is just a meme
It's not. Do you also think clapping when your plane lands is a meme too?
>>
>>35370976
I touched someone's nerve there.

I'm not on the side of "oh my goodness how is Rey able to do this feat when in episode 3 in the 5th act Obi Wan said 'girls suck real bad man you know?'"

I thought it all worked.
>>
>>35370780
Anybody else think the giant dude is darth plagueis
>>
>>35371050
YES
>>
>>35370593
>>35370313
>>35370598
>>35370685
>>35370762
You guys all raise valid points except you're wrong.

She mentioned to Finn that she does have piloting experience. She definitely talked about practicing on flight simulators and there was one line that went like "Have you flown before?" "Never into space" or something like that.
>>
>>35371050
It has to be surely. He's more or less been hyped as immortal when Palpatine talks about him, and what other powerful Sith are there if Palpatine and Vader are dead?
>>
>>35371067
It'd be so crazy if it is...I just want the 8th episode to come out already too see what goes down
>>
>>35365952
>pulls the mask off
>it's extremely painful
BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>35370945

Annakin sucked before he won, he even says that he'd never even finished a race.
>>
>>35371080
He is dead. Murdered in his sleep by sidious, as he said in revenge of the sith. Disney may have declared the entire universe non canon but the movies still count.
>>
>>35371104
Dead to Sidious's knowledge
>>
>>35371104
>by sidious, as he said
Sidious was wrong about a lot of things.
>>
>>35371115
Sidious did it personally though and there's no way someone as scheming and ruthless as the emperor fucked that up
>>
>>35371104
He's a jedi so powerful he thought he could bring people back from the dead (in opposition to the whole becoming a ghost thing for the light side), and Palpatine thought that was bullshit and strangled him.

P likely the dude was thought killed by Palpatine but in reality was alright.
>>
>>35371128
Just like how Obi-wan personally killed Anakin, or Vader personally killed Luke? Or even how the clones killed Obi-wan at the end of Ep. 3? Force powerful have a history of coming back from assumed death.

I understand that implied death is not the same as slitting someone's throat while they sleep, but it's something to consider.

Hell, considering the motif of surviving long falls, Sidious himself could still be alive.
>>
>>35366063
TRAITOR
>>
>>35371050
>plagueis uses force to create Anakin, the chose one who will bring balance to the force
>knows how to cheat death and his physical form is destoryed by Sidious but not killed
>Anakin fulfills prohecy by killing all the Jedi to bring the Jedi and sith to a level playing field. Thus balancing ththe force
>plagueis waits for demise of Sidious and Vader
>returns to the galaxy to reclaim it for his own
>>
>>35371170
>"No, Rey... I am your great-grandfather."
>>
>>35371170
at first glance this made sense to me. But Anakin didn't kill all the Jedi. It was order 66. In fact Sidious could have done it all on his own.

>inb4 Anakin stopped Windu from killing Palpatine, thus causing it

Anakin also was the one who told Windu that Palpatine was definitely a Sith, so it wouldn't have mattered. I'm still going for "the force made Anakin to balance itself out"
>>
>>35365884
Be a huge disappointment to everyone that was expecting you to be a badass instead of a whiny little faggot.
>>
>>35370685
you obviously have zero fucking clue how the force works
>>
>>35370998
>Do you also think clapping when your plane lands is a meme too?
At least the pilot can actually hear you.
>>
>>35371216
Hurrr Kylo is not a cliche bald dude who has no emotion

The entire concept of his character went over your head. Now go back to playing every star wars game ever
>>
>>35371384
>disney creates a gay bitch character

"lol hes a gay bitch"

>idiot you didnt even understand his deep character emotions kys
>>
>>35371411
At least you admit you're stupid
>>
>>35371454
maybe you and kylo can go cut yourselves and cry together while 69ing
>>
>>35371411
>>35371216
Yes... That's the point of his character
>>
>>35366738
>the first order are the winners of episode VII
After they lose their biggest asset, home base, and the last jedi is in the hands of the resistance?
I don't think they won.
Skywalker is bigger for the resistance than the star killer though.
>>
>>35371157
In the extended universe (aka the real stories not Disney affirmative action bullshit), the emperor did die but there were clones created of him that featured heavily in many of the novels.

Disney will probably just continue to outright steal even more plot points from the novels and do the same exact thing.
>>
>>35371104
Plagueis always studied the ability to cheat death using the force and he gained extensive knowledge of it before being "killed" by palpatine so it's possible he was able to cheat death
>>
>>35371538
The force ghost ability is exclusive to Jedi in the movies, as it was apparently innovated by qui gon in the third movie.

It really doesn't make sense that plagueis would survive, especially as palpatine specifically states plagueis could not save himself from death, and he would know as plagueis taught him everything.
>>
File: 2015-11-22_21.04.07.jpg (113 KB, 1137x592) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22_21.04.07.jpg
113 KB, 1137x592
>Mfw people bitching about Kylo Ren getting beat at the end by an untrained girl
>mfw Luke gave DARTH FUCKING VADER more than he wanted in episode 5 after nothing more than some push ups and a philosophy lesson from Yoda
>mfw the original trilogy had the same ridiculous scenarios and bad acting people are bitching about today
>mfw people who over think shot ruin the fun for everyone else
>>
>>35371571
Luke got his ass solidly kicked and lost a hand against an old ass man with no limbs who couldn't even breath on his own let alone walk.

Meanwhile Mary Sue mcmanhater came out entirely unscathed. Yay feminazis.
>>
File: 1450235211996.jpg (13 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
1450235211996.jpg
13 KB, 400x298
>>35367744
This a thousand times this.
>>
>>35369943
>probably had some mild plastic surgery
>some mild plastic surgery
>mild plastic surgery
>plastic surgery

You can't actually be this retarded.
>>
>>35371536
I wouldnt consider it stealing if they literally own the franchise
>>
>>35371592
It wasn't Mary sue, it was a combination of Kylo being injured, psychologically a wreck, and not a proficient swordfighter in the first place, as well as the fickle nature of the force and choosing sides.

The Mary sue debate has been settled, anon. We've gone over everything.
>>
>>35371592
Your problem is you seem to think anyone who uses the dark side must automatically be on Vaders level. Who do you think Kylo was trained by? Oh yeah, Luke Skywalker. Who had almost zero dueling training himself
>>
>>35371658
i think its commonly accepted that the majority of luke's training (by yoda) happened off screen

so yes.. luke had a lot of training, including dueling
>>
>>35371384
>the entire concept of his character went over your head

No it didn't. Being a bald emotionless bad guy would still have been better than the rehash of Ep I-III Anakin Skywalker. Also why don't you name the last bald emotionless bad guy antagonist you saw in a movie, you piece of shit.
>>
>>35371693
Lol how long do you think Luke was on Dagobah before he senses Leia and Han were in trouble? He may have had a bit but there was no way he was there long enough to be a master. He left and didn't return until they rescued Han in return of the Jedi. He tells R2 he is going back to Dagobah to "to keep a promise to an old friend" the promise he made to yoda to return and finish his traing. He did not train with yoda between 5&6. He gets to yoda and then yoda does. Go back and watch yoda's death scene and their dialogue will confirm this.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.