[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weight Gain Tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Screenshot_2015-06-30-12-14-02.png (335 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-06-30-12-14-02.png
335 KB, 720x1280
Anyone have any tips on putting on weight?
> Eat lots of vegetables (but they're zero calories)
> Drink a pint of Vitamin D (anymore and the watery shits are ridiculous)
> Usually eat one big meal a day
Typically I'm just not hungry, even when I lift hard I prioritize sleep > food
> Not sure if revant but 6'5" 207 lbs
> Have more free time recently but I'm LOSING weight
>>
File: 1450302133458.jpg (96 KB, 720x707) Image search: [Google]
1450302133458.jpg
96 KB, 720x707
- Drink your calories - milk, protein powder, gain powder
- Eat fucking pizza and shit yo
>>
File: image:393.jpg (427 KB, 1289x965) Image search: [Google]
image:393.jpg
427 KB, 1289x965
CMON
>>
>>35363902
You have to eat several meals a day to gain weight. Consistency is key too, try to be on point if your diet everyday.

Heres what my diet looks like:
>bowl of oatmeal with a protein shake
>pasta with chicken broccoli, carrots and eggs
workout
>protein shake

this was today, try to bring so variation in what you eat but try to keep it low fat. clean bulking is better than eating like a pig.

also if youre not hungry, try to eat more the hunger will come. after a while youll be hungry all the time
>>
>>35363938
who the fuck can afford all that
>>
>>35363911
> Weight Gainer worth it? Is it healthy?
Usually 3 scoops of Whey in my pint of milk
>>
File: image:396.png (584 KB, 845x1040) Image search: [Google]
image:396.png
584 KB, 845x1040
>>35363954
Shhh. CMOOON
>>
>>35363950

> low fat
> healthy

Fuck you
>>
>>35363971
dont listen to that guy op, getting calories through liquids isnt as good as getting it through real food. drinking milk will get your bodyfat percentage too high. most weight gainers are basically whey protein mixed with sugar
>>
>>35363950
amount of fat has nothing to do with clean or dirty bulking, also if you eat too low fat your testosterone decreases
>>
>>35363979
is this a joke

45 minutes in the oven would destroy chicken breasts and who the hell can eat four of them dry ass hunks of leather in one sitting?

that """salad""" looks terrible too
>>
File: image:394.jpg (2 MB, 1372x4872) Image search: [Google]
image:394.jpg
2 MB, 1372x4872
>>35363999
CMOOON
>>
>>35363950
This is bad and you should feel bad.

OP, don't listen to this fucking mongoloid. The only thing that idiot got right was to eat a lot. However, unless you're an autistic manchild, eating the exact same meal every time is a surefire way to hating life and being more likely to give up.

There are tons of grains that are easy to make and healthy to eat. Don't just fucking eat boxes of pasta every day (and try to eat whole wheat, instead of refined), eat potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, quinoa, farro, bread - lots of bread, dozens of varieties of breads - oats, etc. etc.

And for fuck's sake, REALLY disregard that retardanon and eat plenty of good fats. Oils like olive, avocado, coconut... all kinds of nuts and nut butters. Cheese up the ass, avocados everywhere, every manner of animal under the sun.
>>
Dry rubs + chicken + overnight in the fridge = heaven.

In the UK we have Nando's Piri Piri seasoning, with olive oil I smash it all over the chicken and then wrap them in aluminium and cook them for ~20 minutes. Perfection.
>>
>>35363999
I know, man.

I spent 3 weeks browsing /ck/ and now, everywhere I turn, I'm starting to realize people just can't cook for SHIT.

In order of best cook to worst cook, here are the boards in comparison to each other, from 1 to 5.

1. /ck/
2. /k/ (surprisingly)
3. /fit/
4. /tg/
5. /fa/ (they're ridiculously bad at cooking. I honestly do not even know why)
>>
>>35363979
>chicken breast for 45 minutes at 425

its like you have aids and want to spread it
>>
>>35364077
I betchu /sp/ is pretty good. They're pretty good at everything.

The only one that guy posted that wasn't batshit retarded was >>35364031 and even then - no seasoning, no flavour...
>>
>>35363950
>low fat
You're a retard m8.

If you are manipulating any macro it should be carbs. Add carbs for bulkan, cut carbs for cuttan. Protein and fats should remain roughly the same, maybe a bit more protein when cutting.
>>
Blend:

>16 oz whole milk
>1 cooked, cooled, skinless sweet potato
>1 cup of dry, quick oats
>8 oz ice cream
>1 banana

Comes out to around 1400 calories, 35g fat, 160g carbs, and 30g protein. Add a scoop of whey isolate for 120ish more calories, almost no fat, 2gs carbs, and 25ish more grams of protein. Want less fat? Use low-fat ice cream. The whole milk stays at 16oz because the IGF-1 is important. Don't like the grainy texture from the oats? Use 3/4 cup. Play with the recipe.

Compare this to ON's mass gainer, compare this to any mass gainer, really.
>>
>>35364114
... can I do it without the nasty ass sweet potato in the god damn MILKSHAKE.
>>
http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/12/17/5-tips-gain-weight/

be consistent
>>
>>35363999
>>35364087
It's 2.2lbs of meat, you know more meat=more time needed to bake right?
>>
>>35364088
I wouldn't know smhtbhfam.

I pop into a lot of boards every now and then, but I only ever checked out /sp/ for a total of 3 hours last year.
>>
>>35364126
MEAL ONE-45 Mins after Waking
>1 glass milk, or chocolate milk
>4-6 Whole Eggs
>1 cup oats (I add raisins, and use Splenda)
>multivitamin
>500 mg Vitamin C

MEAL TWO- 3 hours Later
>1.5 cup rice (I use a spoonful of Sriracha and stir the tuna into the rice)
>1 can tuna
>20 gram protein shake

MEAL THREE- 3 hours Later
>2 cups Vegtables
>40-50 grams protein from pot roast
>If really a hardgainer enjoy some bread. If not, still enjoy some bread LOL

MEAL FOUR-2.5 hours Later
>1.5 cups rice
>40 grams protein from either chicken

MEAL FIVE- 2.5 hours Later
>1.5 cups Vegetables
>40-50 grams protein from Pot Roast
>salad

MEAL SIX- Bedtime
>4-6 Harboiled Egg Whites

*POSTWORKOUT MEAL*
>40-50 grams of Whey Protein
>75-100 grams of carbs (I used Waxy Maize for a long time, I used Grape Juice for years. Now I consume whole vegetables that equal the quantity I desire)
>5 grams of Creatine

This is a joke right? It's trolling, right?

I'm not a poorfag by any means but a) how can anybody afford this every day and b) where does he get his fibre?

>>35364136
If the chicken is at room temp and the oven pre-heated, ~20 min is all you need. Even then, the chicken breast will be dry as fuck.
>>
>>35364136
you fucking retard, it isn't a microwave oven. if you aren't piling the meat on top of each other - and if you are, again you're a fucking retard - use a bigger baking pan.
>>
>>35364125
Sure. The sweet potato is just for more carbs and some micro nutrients without adding much more fat. For what it's worth, you really don't taste it, especially if it's a small potato.
>>
>>35364191
I'd much rather bake a sweet potato on the side and have it as a snack. And put some sorta flavor into the milkshake (choc syrup or something)
>>
>>35364163
>b) where does he get his fibre?
probably the rice, bread and vegetables

but yea, that's like $25+ in food every day. if you're spending over $700 in food per month, you're probably doing it wrong. that's more than a grand easy if buying organic and/or high quality
>>
>>35364201
That'll work nicely. It'll be a lot less thick without the potato, too. Like I said, play with the recipe.
>>
>>35364163
>>35364217
this is why you will always be small and weak
>>
>>35364273
sorry brahski, i've never had body dismorphia to the point where i felt i should consume 4000 calories a day on the regular
>>
>>35363902
GOMAD you skelly
>>
File: 7893_1.jpg (73 KB, 620x380) Image search: [Google]
7893_1.jpg
73 KB, 620x380
>eat +500 over maintainence
>lifts stay the same, slowly gain fat

>stuff my face with cleanish, high calorie whole foods 24/7 (nuts, beef, chicken, lean dairy etc)
>gain a fuckload of strength, muscle, fat quickly

My abs looked like shit anyways
>>
>>35363902
Eat big during the entire day.

t. ate 6750 calories today
>>
>>35363902
>Anyone have any tips on putting on weight?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1m-AEWMRVo
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.