[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >join gym >guy there promises me a free 1 hour
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
File: 1427848886368.jpg (33 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1427848886368.jpg
33 KB, 400x388
>be me
>join gym
>guy there promises me a free 1 hour training session so i know what to do
>i hear this is standard for most gyms so am grateful
>go in
>he doesnt give me the tour, instead just takes me to a tiny area and makes me do a body weight routine to test me
>then says next time i'll get actual instruction on how to use stuff
>two days later, he left town, family emergency
>guy there said no one can help me but i can just jump on a machine and figure it out
>insist no despite him insisting yes, cuz i dont want ot hurt myself
>call a few days later (expecting him to be back)
>hes not
>they say no one else can give me a free session cuz that was HIS promise, not the gyms
>decide to take other guys advice and just jump on the machines
>end up hurting my lower back
>crying as i try to take off my shoes
>look like a little girl crying in the mens room
>leave a note for aaron on my way out asking him to please call me when he reutrns
>explain the situation and how i hurt my back to the guy who recommended i just jump on the machine
>he laughs.
>>
You're a retard
>>
>>35362058
They are trying to get you to quit so they get some money for nothing from you, or to have you pay for more sessions. They put you through the ringer and try to get you thinking you need their roided up asshole bodies to get fit. One guy did it to me. I was somewhere around 245 and he had me doing all the endurance body weight shit he could nonstop until I was on the ground trying not to throw up and passout. Then he tried to sell me his services. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>35362058
quit this gym, join a different gym. Cite your frustrations with the trainers to the manager and get your money back. Then watch Buff dudes you tube exercises tutorials or something like that, then go in and slowly try some new exercises.
>>
you already talked about this bro, what did you injure your back on.. fuck
>>
>>35362154

sorry anon, im very butthurt (almost literally) and wanted to rant. its been one bad fucking holiday for me.

idk what hte machines called, works my arms, felt a really weird strain in my neck while using it, and the guy at the machine next to me kept laughing, so i asked if i was doing it right. apparently i wasnt cuz as soon as i stood up shooting pain in my lower back.
>>
>>35362058
>>35362122
Let me guess, LA Fitness?
>>
>>35362058
I started lifting when I was 15 and found a barbell and plates in my basement. Never had an injury
Yer a pussy
>>
>>35362058
>crying as i try to take off my shoes

LOL
>>
>>35362174
what motion were you performing on the machine? what did the machine itself look like?
>>
>>35362226

yes, howd you know

>>35362280
like i was clapping my hands kinda.
>>
File: s-line_pec_fly_female.jpg (31 KB, 472x515) Image search: [Google]
s-line_pec_fly_female.jpg
31 KB, 472x515
>>35362505
this?
>>
File: black family laughs at you.gif (2 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
black family laughs at you.gif
2 MB, 267x199
>>35362058
>hurting your back
>on a machine
>>
>>35362568
how the fuck you hurt your back on this???
>>
>>35362568

yep that was it

>>35362589

good to know you're ready to laugh at people for trying.
>>
FUCKING HOW

IM LAUGHING SO HARD
>>
Fucking Aaron trolled you with promises m8
>>
>>35362788

thanks for the support mates. i just found an urgent care center open on christmas eve so im going togo do that for the holiday.

great support you guys got here, really hope it helps you make it.
>>
>>35362604
I wasn't sitting like pic relate. I was sitting facing sideways. I thought you were supposed to reach behind you and grab the handle and bring it to the handle on the other side.
>>
>>35362715
You weren't trying hard m80
People who run a gym don't know what they're doing you should do your own research and figure out what to do based on your own goals.
What are you doing to fix your back right now?
Physio? Self management?
I swear we live such an age of entitlement it's ridiculous
>>
>>35362921
Bait
>>
>>35362994

>its entitled to expect someone to adhere to their offer

wow, fuck me. guess im just a priveleged little white kid.

>what are you doing to fix your back right now

this happened about 2 hours ago, right now waiting. considering going to the clinic. its definitely gotten easier but i still cant bend over. im uninsured at the moment so i dont know if im going in.
>>
>>35362058
You sound like a victim to me.
>>
>>35363025

i feel like a tard.
>>
>>35363019
Don't go in and waste your money. Based on how you described your motions in >>35362921 you just need to rub out some kinks and apply some heat. It IS entitled of you to expect someone to adhere to their offer when it isn't written down and there is no meaningful proof. You got screwed a little; you shouldn't have trusted this trainer as much as you did. The recommendation from >35362126 isn't too bad.

Do you have any friends that could help you learn how to use the machines or do any simple exercises? Also, does your gym not have little pictures of people using the machines so you know what you're doing?
>>
>>35362921
Holy fuck. I can't even.... Holy fuck. Are you retard?
>>
>>35362119
>>35362589
>>35362755
>>35363086

You guys don't get it. You can't contribute to 'fat hate' threads and then criticise people who are going to a gym for the first time. It's easy to laugh at people like this who don't know how to use machines but if you've not had a great history/childhood/set of limiting personal experiences then it can be difficult to go to a gym.

This dude needs support from /fit/ brehs. It might seem basic to you, but everyone has to start somewhere.

>>35363074

This. If an employee makes an offer then he's making it on behalf of his employer, and thus they're liable to maintain that offer. It just seems like they're uncaring and don't care about company image as they're in a cosy bubble of steady financial gain.
>>
>>35362921

if this is true pls make sure to never pass on your genes.
>>
>>35363074

i dont see it as entitled at all. im sorry but its not entitled for me to expect someone to adhere to a promise they made. its common sense. you dont just say 'oh whatever' anytime someone breaks a deal they made with you, and you know it.

that being said, its not like the guys just hiding and avoiding me, chances are the guy will come back and give me the free hour anyways, so its no big deal. im just in a lot of pain right now and frustrated about wasted time / money, and of course, pain.

as for the machine, it looked similar to one i used before, and i looked at the instructiosn and tried it, but i might have gotten it wrong.

>>35363086

thats not me, its a troll.

>>35363098

thanks for the support anon. i see in other threads people giving support when people are starting out, or just fatties on the rise (or decline as the case may be). im just really frustrated. the guy will supposedly be back saturday. i really wanted to go the day after tomorrow but i might just wait til then.
>>
File: pepejew.jpg (44 KB, 396x377) Image search: [Google]
pepejew.jpg
44 KB, 396x377
That's what you get for getting sucked in Personal Trainer's salesperson scheme.

You're a good goy.
>>
>>35363098
I'm not even mocking. I'm truly amazed. Like most of the machines are build to prevent this. And, what kind of piss poor gym are you going that dont have a little diagram in each machine to prevent that?

Thats how you get sued, tbqh.
>>
>>35363163

there was a diagram and i looked at it, and even tchecked the guy next to me to make sure.

perhaps its some pre existing issue or whatever. i just rememebr feeling a lot of weird strain in my neck, and then when i stood up a shooting pain there, and it was not a fun walk home.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 900x900
>this thread

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>35363168
so what exercise was it?
>>
>>35363190

THIS >>35362568

That's why I'm amazed.
>>
>>35363145
You hurt yourself because the decision-making you engaged in is the opposite of common sense. Godspeed to you regardless, though. You seem like you'll need it.
>>
>>35362226
>>35362505
>mfw I got a new membership for LA Fitness a month ago
>mfw I only have time to lift at night when all the sales reps are gone
>mfw when they keep leaving messages on my phone so I can get my "free session"
>mfw I have social anxiety and have been dreading this

I've just been watching YouTube videos for help with form. So glad now that I haven't been returning their calls.
>>
This thread has made me unbearably sad. OP, you're too pure for this board. I want to hold you in my arms.
>>
>>35363235

if you don't need it than good on ya mate.
>>
>>35363263

sarcasm aside, it was a comforting post.

you know how they say its the thought that counts? sometimes the thoughts irrelevant and what happens counts.
>>
>>35363098
> You can't contribute to 'fat hate' threads and then criticise people who are going to a gym

sure we can, and we do. also obesity is made in the kitchen.
>>
>>35362994
This. Fucking do your own research about things. Read starting strength. Read the supple leopard. People can't hold your hand and be your nanny
>>
>>35363317

i guess you guys are all independent alphas who didnt have anyone show them anything.

I dont understand why im getting berated just because someone offered to teach me and then couldn't do it.
>>
>>35363168
We're you pushing your head back against the head rest or something?
>>
>>35363350

im not sure. i dont think so, but i cant really remember details like that.
>>
>>35363350
>>35363351

but if thats a thing that would probably cause the pain, then yeah i would guess i did.
>>
>>35363168
You're not supposed to push the bars with your neck. It's a chest exercise, not a crunch machine.
>>
>>35363336
Because fit is full of idiotic children.The average age here is most like 16-18.Look up videos on how to do a proper pec fly on a machine and then come back and explain what exactly you did that was wrong.
>>
>>35363382

i didnt try to push it with my neck. but thats where i felt all the strain.
>>
>>35363336
Part of getting fit and stronger is about figuring things out for yourself. The internet is a great resource with lots of demonstration videos. It still is; you can look up some great warmup stretches and do some more research on starting workout programs.
>>
>>35363360
I have an old neck injury I can inflame by pushing my head back against something. Something as simple as shifting my body while laying on my back in bed can fuck my neck up for two weeks. Have you ever had whiplash before?
>>
>>35363397

like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z57CtFmRMxA

i think my arms might have been angled more upward to reach, but i cant quite remember, i should check when i go back. mine also errr 'wiggled' oddly, and i wasnt sure what that was about. like in the video it only seems to go in that 'arc' direction but i had to struggled to maintain that cuz i could push it other ways as well.

>>35363412

never really had any remotely bad injury in my life.
>>
>>35362921
I go to LA Fitness. All the machines have clear diagrams of how to use them and what muscles they work out, the fly machine does as well. How could you possibly fuck this up?
>>
>>35363441
I know how could you possibly fuck up such a good troll
>>
>>35363336

fuck off

I had no one to teach me how to lift either, but I managed to learn by myself without getting seriously injured. It's not your fault for lacking knowledge on how to do things, but it is your fucking fault when you know you're ignorant and then come here and whine because you got injured KNOWING that you had no idea how to perform any exercise and KNOWING that there's the fucking sticky that teaches you all the basics and helps you get started without the help of some dumbass PT

It's your own fucking fault for being retarded and not attempting to learn anything beforehand
>>
>>35363441

i would imagine by not having good knowledge about form and such. machines can apparently help with that, but if for instance i was reaching up instead of just out, then im probably doing it wrong, yeah?
>>
>>35363472

i guess? seems like i was shoehorned into a bad predicament here.
>>
I bet OP didn't even read the sticky either.
>>
>>35362058
how fucking retarded are you? I mean what fucking retard cant do a little research and figure out how to use some gym equipment? Are you actually this fucking stupid?
>>
>>35363486

i guess so. the guy who worked there insisted its as easy as just picking a machine and following the instructions. guess its my fault for testing that theory. i suppose i could go in, find the machines, write down their names, and go back after watching some videos, but even then i wont really know if im doing things properly in terms of form.
>>
>>35363474
Okay, now I know this is bait, or you really are dumb. The chest fly machines that LA Fitness has not only a diagram, but also written instructions telling you to adjust the seat so that your arms are leveled with your chest and that way you're not reaching up. I've even seen some people have their arms a little lower, but never to where they're reaching up.

What state do you live in?
>>
>>35363502

california. there probably were more detailed instructions but the seat seemed to be at the highest level (i am awfully short, yes make fun of that too) so i rolled with it.
>>
How did you hurt your fucking back on a chest fly machine???
>>
Most machines have little infographics on them on how to use
>>
You're adorable, OP.

I want to hug you.
>>
>>35362058
Fuck man, I'm sorry that happened to you. My trainer gave me a program, which basically fucked me around for 2 months and saw 0 gains. I realise now just how retarded it was, and I resent them for it.

Check out the sticky on /fit/, its information is really good. Also, a youtube channel called "Buff Dudes" is particularly awesome. Their form.videos are great, and they've done pretty much every kind of program imaginable, so they know their shit.

While I can't recommend /fit/ enough, because there ARE kickass lifters on here, sometimes it gets really autistic. When that happens, don't hesitate to check out body building.com or /r/fitness when you need advice.

Good luck man. You'll make it.
>>
>>35363510
>i am awfully short
Kek.

When will they ever learn?
>>
>>35363098
i was never this weak and neither was most of /fit/ in the future men like you and op will be shot like dogs and eaten
>>
>>35364459
Last time I was this weak was at birth, then the Third Reich saw to it that the Aryan race was born being able to OHP 1 plate.
>>
>>35362058
OP where do you live? Im honestly willing to help out if you are close.
>>
>>35363294
>swedes
>fucking dropped
>>
>>35362058
You are sitting on a goldmine. Sue the gym for not having diagrams of people using the weight. You can make a lot of money.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.