[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /fit/. I've been bulking for the past 8 years. /fat/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: fat_mcdonalds[1].jpg (23 KB, 275x433) Image search: [Google]
fat_mcdonalds[1].jpg
23 KB, 275x433
Hey, /fit/. I've been bulking for the past 8 years. /fat/ here. Wanting to get healthy. inb4 newsyearresolution.jpg

6'0, 295 pounds. Core/back/non-leg muscles have atrophied. Cardio endurance is non-existent. Shit posture.

I've been maintaining a caloric deficit easily enough, surprisingly, but have been hesitant to start exercise. At the risk of sounding like I'm making excuses, I'm worried about injury.

Any general advice or things I should steer clear of? Pic related.
>>
>>35359442
>gaining weight
>I've been at a deficit

Oh boy here we go.
>>
>>35359459

I said /fat/ not /retarded/.

Deficient only recently started.
>>
>>35359442
be aware impact cardio is going to be hard on your knees. Recommend rowing, elliptical, swimming etc.

Be aware your motivation will drop. The trick is to force yourself to workout even when you don't want to. There are NO excuses. None.
>>
>>35359442
Walking is really good, get some podcasts books on ape w/e and just walk around for at least an hour everyday. Do this in addition to your lifting and cardio.

The only thing I would avoid is running and jogging until you lose some serious weight. You are just too heavy to run without risk of injury or developing painful soreness which will hold you back.
>>
File: 1316263948249.jpg (19 KB, 641x349) Image search: [Google]
1316263948249.jpg
19 KB, 641x349
>>35359442

Damn man,300lbs of crap... But at least you decided to start something.
It WILL be hard. It will take a while you get into any shape besides bowling ball.
Do you know how to swim? Because swimming is godlike cardio exercise for fat burning.
>>
>>35359442
You really shouldn't run and getting a bike that securely carries you will be expensive, probably. So just stick to walking. If you can, walk everywhere from now on. Don't take the car when buying groceries etc. I understand that swimming is embarrassing atm, but it is good as well. Also everything you do is pretty tough, if you really are in the shape you described. Sit and get up repeatedly, lifting your arms up and down, rotating your upper body, balancing on one leg etc. If you get up and a few things like that for 10 minutes even every day, you'll get better.

But you need to do something at least to help your body fix itself. But it's good that you eat less, that's by far the most important thing right now.
>>
You are a resolutioner fatty. The only thing that will seperate you and your end game is your discipline to stick with it even after you've been doing it for awhile and haven't seen the life changing results you'd expect.
>>
Similar fatty who has been working on getting fit. was 325, down to 236 as of today, I tried exercise when i was at 270, but i really fucked up my knee then. How much more weight should I lose before I attempt cardio again.
>>
>>35359633
I'm 5'11.and run at 225lbs
Your legs will be sore at first, but after running 5-6 times you should be good to go
>>
File: 1266793581591.jpg (550 KB, 672x1024) Image search: [Google]
1266793581591.jpg
550 KB, 672x1024
>>35359633

>was 325, down to 236

Thats really good.
May the Schwartz be with You!
>>
>>35359442
You should not do high-impact exercise if you're obese. Swim or walk.
>>
>>35359633
There are other forms of cardio other than running.
Try swimming, biking, or rowing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.