[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone verify from personal experience that exercise has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
Can anyone verify from personal experience that exercise has made them a happier person? I don't mean happy about the results, I mean generally happier in life?
>>
lifting a year

>much better posture
>much better confidence
>clothes fit more comfortably
>don't hate myself when looking at mirror

still dyel by /fit/ standards, but compared to normies i'm quite fit and 10x happier than I was before

still
>tfwnogf
though
>>
>>35359374

>I don't get sick anymore
>random compliments
>more confidence
>more stamina
>lifting capacity increased
>>
>>35359374
Confirmed
>>
File: 946.gif (491 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
946.gif
491 KB, 500x274
>>35359403
>>35359448

This.

First I was a unconfident lanket with all my intelligence locked in by my anxiety.

Now I'm both physically and mentally attractive and above average.

And now I feel superior to most people I meet. It's nice.
>>
i feel better when i look in the mirror. i feel better when i follow my routine.
also awkward compliments from people with the occasional mires.
thats about it for me.
>>
>>35359374
why dont you try it for 4 months and come back and tell us how it went?

Whats the point of asking a question like this? To validate your belief that you're just an unhappy person and nothing you do will change that? Are you looking for an excuse to quit before you even try?

Go do something, fatty
>>
>>35359374
Here's my journey "compressed version"

>year 1
not a god damn thing, still looked like shit (had high standards)

> year 3
got on gear, looked amazing, tons of compliments, people stopped giving me condescending compliments, started getting the hate looks, Turned into an arrogant asshole myself

>year 4
Started competing, started being humble

> year 5
Doing well in competitions, completely secure no more bullshit arrogance, sponsored, endorsed, roiding my brains out. And this is where i am today.
>>
>>35359595
>Doing well in competitions, completely secure no more bullshit arrogance, sponsored, endorsed, roiding my brains out. And this is where i am today.
what the hell
>completely secure
>roiding my brains out'
pick one
>>
>>35359526
>feeling superior than others
>not having a lot to learn about life

pick one
>>
>>35359595
I would usually never do something so gay but since you're a self-admitted roid vacuum I'd be interested to see your build
>>
File: progress (2).jpg (120 KB, 1282x400) Image search: [Google]
progress (2).jpg
120 KB, 1282x400
>>35359526
This. It's allot easier to be confident with another 50lbs of lean body mass.

Not looking like a cancer patient is a big plus too, confidence wise.
>>
>>35359589
You're way off the mark but thanks for trying.
>>
>>35359374
This >>35359448
People didn't evolve to be static critters, we're supposed to move around and sweat a lot. That's why most people feel better overall when they have a workout routine of some sort.
>>
File: 010.png (919 KB, 1400x902) Image search: [Google]
010.png
919 KB, 1400x902
>>35359640
I'm skelly too, but I don't have your bone structure.

WHat were your stats in the first pic?

5'10, 120lbs with 5.5 inch wrists, pissing away all the weight I gain in a week.

Otherwise, well done.
>>
>>35359659
I started at 6'3" and 140lbs. So not too far from you.

The biggest thing is eating. As a skelly, your body's not used to taking the calories it needs to grow. You've got to eat until it hurts, then keep eating. It'll get easier eventually.
>>
File: Dr-Manhattan.jpg (41 KB, 400x518) Image search: [Google]
Dr-Manhattan.jpg
41 KB, 400x518
>>35359632
Nigga I'm not picking shit.

It's possible to learn about life and perceiving objective superiority.

Inb4 equality, It's made up by the lower tier of society
>>
>>35359659
Excuses.

You'll be surprised how you look when you add 40 pounds in a few years.
>>
>>35359627
>competitive athlete, competing with other enhanced athletes.
>Mediocre build average lifter

pick one.
>>
>>35359374

It should. At least it did for me in a while. The relapse all of sudden, though, crushed me to dust (spelling). Lost all my gains and then some.

Haven't left my house besides food shopping in
22 months.

First time on /fit/ for the same amount of time as well.

I am 28.

Feels like a failure man.
>>
>>35359916
>>balloon animal, competing with other balloon animals
>competitive athlete, competing with other athletes

Pick one.
>>
>>35359989
Get back on it, man.
>>
>>35359374

well

girls or guys treat you 100x better when you are fit

so yes, also I like that my body is in good shape but im eager to get even better. never settle, ever.
>>
>>35360088
>Knowing what actually happens in professional sports

>You.
Believing sports is to inspire kids that they can be what they want to be as long as they believe and eat their veggies.

Pick One.
>>
>>35359374
Stopped eating garbage and started running alot, lost a vast amount of weight this year. If the catalyst for it wasn't a breakup, I'd probably be the happiest man alive

I'm still relatively happy regardless, luckily got over her pretty quickly
>>
>>35360129
>inspiration to people (athletes)
>balloon animal (balloon animals)
>>
>>35359374
doing what will make you respect yourself will make you a happier person. i didn't enjoy myself at all when i pushed myself with lifting, got mediocre results, and ended up injuring myself. now i'm focusing on my areas of comparative advantage (academic success and making money) while just doing light calisthenics to stay in shape. i'm more confident, more social, doing better with girls, and having more fun. you have to figure out what works for you my man. but if you're obese or something exercise will almost certainly help you
>>
>>35360133

Nice, man! Thanks for the response.
>>
>>35360101
Th-thanks anon. I AM.
>>
File: uH2sw.jpg (52 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
uH2sw.jpg
52 KB, 638x479
>>35360152
Thing is I do a lot that makes me respect myself - (inb4 smug, I'm not) - But I'm still unhappy. If eat and sleep well, which I normally do, that helps a lot - I'm happy quite often - but I need to be crazy strict about it for someone my age. I'm skinny (Not slim, full on skinny)
>>
It makes you a higher-energy person. Being less fatigued by this and that pretty much makes you a happier person by default. Dealing with shit just becomes way easier.

Even when you're not doing anything physical at all, a sound body can give you a LOT of leverage over the average Amerifat. You can be four hours deep into a negotiation, look around at all the flabby normies around you, and have a golden moment where you realize that they're pretty much shifting about, hunching, nail-biting and falling apart while you're kicking back and feeling breezy. And then you get what you want, because they faggots are beat and just want to go home.
>>
>>35359716
I'm a lower tier person myself and I buy that as a perspective. Not an objective truth, but a valid perspective.
>>
>>35360199
OP here. Oh god, that felt so fucking good to read - I think I'm gonna print this shit out and put it on my wall.
>>
>>35360199
Has this happened to you?
>>
Weightlifting, yeah slightly. Seeing results and making gains is just a naturally plus to your mindset.

Doing intense cardio/HIIT is a different story, at least for me. The feeling you get after pushing yourself beyond your limit on stairs/sprinting is crazy. It really puts my mind in a different zone and totally frees me from my thoughts and pain.

Just my 2 cents
>>
>>35360147
Just eat your veggies Honey, so you can grow up to be big and strong :D tee hee.
>>
>>35360333
>Doing intense cardio/HIIT is a different story, at least for me. The feeling you get after pushing yourself beyond your limit on stairs/sprinting is crazy. It really puts my mind in a different zone and totally frees me from my thoughts and pain.

fucking NICE man - But does that have a long term effect on your happiness?
>>
File: 123453156.jpg (20 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
123453156.jpg
20 KB, 400x300
>>35360386
What kind of stupid question is that? If I knew the long term effect of everything I'd be a billionaire by now

It makes me happy right now; what more do I need to say? What I'm assuming by your dumb post is that you have a defeatist mindset and believe that improving yourself right now only gives temporary happiness and not long term happiness. I have a newsflash for you: nothing is guaranteed to give you long term happiness retard.
>>
>>35360276

It wasn't a hypothetical, senpai.
>>
Yes. It makes me happier, a whole lot. I feel a lot better, I get to exercise discipline regularly and feel like a boss about it. I'm making gains, which makes me feel like, instead of just getting old, I'm getting better, which makes me feel so much better about the future (I'm 33). It's like I found youth all over again. I'll look better at 35 than I did at 25.

And I'm stronger. All around happier with things to look forward to.
>>
>>35360438
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>35360439
Nice! Out of curiosity, what is your job? What was the negotiation?
>>
>>35360518
Neat - Good shit, man
>>
Well I don't lift that much (like most of this board), but I am an xc fag
>Feel in control of my life and diet
>made lots of new running bros
>acne went away
>I get outside a lot more, going innawoods to run is very cathartic, also dat dere tan
>better posture
>HUGE self confidence boost
>sleep is regular and satisfying
>I have so much more energy and motivation to pursue other hobbies
only downside to running from my experience
>mouth breathing
>>
>>35360587
Good shit
>>
>>35360554
I'm responding to your thoughtless post
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (3 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
3 MB, 3888x2592
>>35360211
So you just acknowledge it as a opinion/perspective but not believe it is the truth.

That's a pretty empty statement considering the rich use of words.
>>
File: Henry-Rollins-Iron-Never-Lies.png (491 KB, 666x416) Image search: [Google]
Henry-Rollins-Iron-Never-Lies.png
491 KB, 666x416
>>35359374

There is something satisfying about having a personal goal. When you getting shat on other places, going in and adding 2 more reps or 10 more pounds can give you that little boost.

Generic inspirational pic related.
>>
>>35359374
I've always been a pretty funny but quiet person, but started lifting beginning of this year, changed my body hugely, from 63kg to 82kg, constantly asked if I go to the gym, posture, breathing, fullness, got a grill now, everything is just going good, was a bit sad before but as happy as Larry now.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.