[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tfw family knows i trained like a beast for a hlaf year and gifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1444153475173.jpg (95 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444153475173.jpg
95 KB, 640x480
Tfw family knows i trained like a beast for a hlaf year and gifts me a crossfit traning program for christmas. Crossfit 3times a weak with trainer and all.. what do fampai?
>>
>>35358643

For how long? Why not go do it, it might be fun.
>>
>>35358643

a prime example of the well-meant yet horrible gift...

if you don't find a way of talking your family out of that present and into another one, the polite thing to do (and I guess that's what you're asking for) is to see it as a chance to do more cario AND troll a XShit trainer at the same time
>>
>>35358659
4 weaks and even a nutrition course, yeah why not though.. my first reaction was just a lolz. Maybe met som qt
>>
File: 1448883624002.jpg (42 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1448883624002.jpg
42 KB, 604x604
>>35358643
Just take it. I guess you can learn a few good exercises. Just avoid those snap city ones.
>>
>>35358643
Just do it for the month, and chat up as many crossfit chicks as you can.
>>
>>35358643
People will subconciously sabotage your success. It's human nature
>>
>>35358747
>Just do it for the month, and chat up as many crossfit chicks as you can.
this is clearly the best solution. plus there are so many different crossfit gyms of varying quality. who knows, the one you're going to might have excellent coaches. there are many former competitive powerlifters/oly lifters who run crossfit gyms because it's where the money is these days. another bonus is that to do all that stupid shit they need lots of useful equipment that you can use in your own training. and don't forget the qts.
>>
>>35358643
le crossfit meme xD!!!

Or, just maybe, just maybe, you could attempt to do something worthwhile with your time and learn something. Ask the trainer to teach you the olympic lifts, you might even like them. If the trainer isn't retarded you might learn something and have fun.
>>
>>35358782
This, just dont go snapcity and it will prolly get you fit, maybe learn some new stuff idk. And chat up all the hotties
>>
File: 1439179349614.jpg (123 KB, 600x624) Image search: [Google]
1439179349614.jpg
123 KB, 600x624
>>35358643

Take it as an opportunity to meet some hot grills.
Grills love crossfit, and it's kind of a social experience for them. So talking and making friends isn't as weird as in the gym, where everyone is busy doing their workout and don't wanna be bothered.
>>
You do the four weeks. Not for yourself, obviously, but for your family, whom gave you a gift because they love you and because they know that you're into fitness and they mean so well.
>>
>>35358807
Did supermang change his trip?
>>
>>35358643
Take it and have fun! It's a well intentioned gift. The place I used to go to had a ton of qt3.14s (yoga shorts ftw) and the community there was pretty good.

Crossfit isn't as bad as it's made out to be. Just that some people train retarded (it's not training unless you get rhabdo!) and some coaches coach retarded (don't worry about form, it's all about doing it fast! That's where the benefits are!).
>>
>>35358807
Cross-fit girls are fucking sexy. seriously they get me harder than asians
>>
>>35358839
>Crossfit isn't as bad as it's made out to be.
the main problem with crossfit is the lack of quality control. the gyms mostly do whatever the hell they want, which results in everything from retarded to truly excellent gyms.
>>
>>35358869
Agreed.
The concept itself isn't bad and actually had been around long before it got branded.
The quality control issue is the fault of Crossfit Inc. and the box owners. Crossfit level 1 certification is a weekend course and a 50 question bubble test. That's it, nothing else necessary.
For anyone looking into any Crossfit box, their website should list who the owners are and what types of training degrees and certifications they have, all of that should be listed for the coaches as well. That info (or the lack thereof) will give you a good idea of the quality of the place before you even set foot in there.

Also, these
>>35358807
>>35358792
>>
File: 7ef.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
7ef.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>35358643

heres a good idea anon

you can trip fag as Crossfit-Fag and keep us updated with pics and reports over the full program and we tell you what to do
>>
>>35358643

Most crossfit gyms are pretty expensive too so three months is pretty thoughtful. I'd say do it and have fun, pick up a crossfit chick just be careful of snap city (don't do the exercise ball half inverted incline Squat lunge)
>>
File: 1429816237655.jpg (56 KB, 500x652) Image search: [Google]
1429816237655.jpg
56 KB, 500x652
>>35359005
this
>>
>home for the holidays
>do crossfit with my mom because she really loves it and wants to share it with me
>day one, coach teaches me to clean and jerk in a way I finally understand
>really chill classes, really nice people
>fun workouts and fun music
>everyone is positive and encouraging
>coaches know what they're talking about
>fit_is_full_of_lies.jpg

My only complaint is that one coach (of the three I've met) insists that form isn't that important, what's important is effort. But honestly, for the weight most people are doing, he's right. No one's heading to snap city push pressing 85 pounds.

Today's workout was the 12 Pains of Christmas. There were 12 exercises ranging 1-12 reps. First was 1 snatch, then 2 toe-to-bars and 1 snatch, then 3 cleans and 2 toe-to-bars and 1 snatch, and so on and so on. 45 minutes and it wrecked me. Really satisfying, though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.