[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to lose weight but I'm scared shitless of loose skin.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: 23123131.jpg (16 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
23123131.jpg
16 KB, 500x375
I want to lose weight but I'm scared shitless of loose skin.

I'm 29, and I weigh 275 pounds at 5'10.

I'm fucked, right?

This makes me want to cry.
>>
>>35358452
You don't look any better with fat filling the skin.
>>
genetics, lotion, exercise and taking it slow can change how much or even if you'll get loose skin.
And also rather have some loose skin than be a fat fuck so get on it
>>
>>35358452
I lost 140 pounds and have no loose skin. Comes down to genetics. You might not have loose skin.
>>
>>35358456
/thread
>>
NOPE!!! i think ur good. i was amerika2obese child and teen. 260 in 7th grade. like 330 at 16 5ft 7. started lifting at 15. around time i turned 17 i got way into fitness and by time i was 18 i was like 200, obviously lifted, and had a six pack without flab just stretch marks. then i got in a serious relationship witha pregnat girl and stopped training and eating right.. now im 20, we broke up 2 weeks ago, I was like 270 at 5ft10 at the start of the month. just started lifting and shit again. gonna do couck25k too.
>>
>>35358452

280 to 175 to 200 at 6'2"; no loose skin. Lotion, Castor Oil, and shaving/exfoliating all help. Even my stretch marks have faded considerably and still are.
>>
>>35358480
How old are you? Because I heard age is a factor.
>>35358478
Anon up here was 19 so that could be a factor too meaning it wouldn't work out as well for anon who's almost 30.
>>
>>35358500

Latter half of 19 to earlier half of 21
>>
Iktf

I've lost 10kg so far and kinda felt better about myself but now I realize I'm pretty much done for either way. I have nothing going for me no matter how I look at it, even looking at the futute there's nothing to look forward to. I just feel like I've ruined this life in every way possible.
>>
>>35358583

oh fuck off

you arent a woman. stop acting like one. you are going to get better, just shut up and train.
>>
>>35358583
omg you fucking faggot

Did you not read everyone in here saying "yeah bro youll be ok" or "even if you did you'd still look way better"?
>>
>>35358586
Why? There's nothing to gain from it anymore
>>
>>35358452
You did it to yourself and you completely deserve it.
>>
>>35358591
Better than fat still isn't good, I don't think people will react any less grossed out at loose skin compared to lardskin
>>
>>35358583
hey bro. i'm here for you. saw some picture of a manlet on plebbit that lost a bunch of weight then roided and he looks like a siccunt and it made me feel like a piece of shit because here i am at 170 trying to gain weight to fill this stupid fucking skin and i'm completely unable to make any progress.

we may never be beautiful, but at least we're healthy, right?
>>
>>35358604
Yeah but what's the point of being healthy if you can't enjoy it?
>>
>>35358602
This is pretty much how I feel. I don't deserve anything because I fucked up my body.
>>
>>35358619
i know you're in self-pity mode right now, because i go through shit like that too.

the truth is that you can enjoy it.

i enjoy being active. i enjoy going to the gym. i enjoy getting smiles from cute girls. i enjoy knowing that i won't die from self inflicted health issues at a young age. i enjoy the confidence, though it waxes and wanes.

there are plenty of reasons to be healthy. focus on them more than the negativity.

i feel for you, man. i really do. it's gonna be okay.
>>
>>35358631
That's right.
>>
>>35358596

bullshit

keep going
>>
OP here... Is it a good sign that my face doesn't sag at all? I actually have a good jaw line despite my fatness.
>>
>>35358452
You're young enough it might not matter. I was fat for 30 years and I lost 150lbs, I have mad loose skin.
>>
>>35358766
you can do facial yoga to put everything in place
nothing works for the belly tho, don't listen to these losers here
>>
>>35358583
You are an actual homosexual. Keep working or drop dead, either way, nobody cares.
>>
File: something.png (2 MB, 1838x966) Image search: [Google]
something.png
2 MB, 1838x966
>>35358452

Loose skin is a matter of how fast you got that fat, how long you were that fat more than anything else. Once your skin stretches past a certain point it loses it's elasticity and isn't going to magically contract back.

Pic related, it's me a year ago. 5'10" at 168 lbs (5~6% BF tested by calipers, bodpod and DEXA). I used to weigh 325 lbs about 2.5 years before that. Obviously that bf% is not sustainable but I wanted to see if I could ever get abs. Actually, I regret ever cutting that hard because now I feel disgusting even at 10-12% BF but that's neither here nor there. The sad reality is I have so much loose skin that even with barely any fat I still have that pouch hanging off my stomach and my legs look completely undefined because of the excess skin (if I flex and pull on it I can actually see all my quad separations).

Let me tell you, it's a fucking disappointment knowing you'll never look as good as you could, and I'm currently saving up for surgery to get my loose skin removed. BUT, it's still much better than being a fat piece of shit. The attention from girls is nice and you can look pretty good with clothes on (I got asked if I was a model when I was around 6% bf, lol), and honestly if they like you they won't care anyway. More so than that though, it will improve your life in so many ways - physically as well as psychologically. If you commit and follow through, you'll learn a lot about fitness, nutrition, and yourself. It's not the destination, but the journey you take to get there. Sorry about essay, this post hit close to home for me.
>>
>>35358586
What if I am a woman
>>
>>35358785
>I'm taking time out of my busy day to tell you that I don't care
>>
1.Up to like 50+ pounds there is virtually none if you don't lose it by water fasting

2. Even if you had loose skin, you probably won't have much

3. Even if you had it, it's always better than being fat- you'll feel 10000% better and look completely normal when wearing a shirt

4. It goes away over time (faster if you drink lots of water)

5. if you have a little you can fill it in with muscle

5. It it's on the level of the OP pic (literally losing 100+pounds and unlucky with genetics) you can get surgery. You probably won't need this.

It is always better to have loose skin than be fat. It's an aesthetic nuisance vs an aesthetic horrorshow and a shorter lifetime of health and discomfort problems
>>
okay go ahead, stay obese and die young because you were scared of loose skin... you damn fools
>>
>>35358958

could you give info on how expensive the surgery is in your country please
>>
>>35358958
>(5~6% BF tested by calipers, bodpod and DEXA)

Uhhh... that's more like 15% to 16%. Professional BBers often hover around 6% to 8% for competitions.
>>
>>35359144
Then pls b in london
>>
>>35359144
Then take it form another woman to just keep on going loose skin or not. I know I'm going to look pretty bad under my clothes and there really is no way for me to prevent it at this point, but you will still feel and look better than being overweight.
Things like not being winded going up steps, not feeling like your knees are going to snap, not thinking people are laughing at you out in public make up for the loose skin.
If you do end up with loose skin, there is of course surgery. I like to think of it as just another step in bettering myself. While I'm now learning how to have a proper relationship with food, I'll learn to be more frugal and manage money better in the future.
>>
File: bodpod2.jpg (548 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
bodpod2.jpg
548 KB, 2560x1440
>>35359242
Don't think I saved the DEXA one on this laptop. Oh well, you can obviously estimate better from a picture than the people that measured me.
>>
>>35358452
That's not massive. I bet loose skin will be minimal or nonexistent. I've lost 60lbs without a trace
>>
>>35358452
I went down from 200 lbs to 150 lbs and I had some loose skin on my belly for a while, but it went back completely. That's not comparable to your situation of course, but you might experience the same.

You will notice btw, that losing weight is worth it nonetheless. You feel so brilliant, especially when you work out as well, that the loose skin appears like a very irrelevant issue. Please go on, you can do it and you won't regret it, I assure you. Good luck.
>>
>>35359287
I'm really not fat enough to have a hard time with stairs or to have joint problems but I still think my skin will suffer. I accept I'll always be ugly
>>
File: over9000.jpg (858 KB, 1516x2396) Image search: [Google]
over9000.jpg
858 KB, 1516x2396
Fuck Genetics...
>>
>>35359527
That stupid filter makes everything look disgusting tho
>>
>>35359540
It's just a high pass to highlight the fine details, like the stretch marks. It actually helps to see how broken his skin is.
>>
>>35359562
But everyone's skin has little imperfections so everyone looks gross with it
>>
>>35359527
Even the tiles behind you look like they have stretch marks with that filter
Why do people self sabotage like this
>>
>>35359527

I have similar body to this, you don't have to suffer alone anon.

but seriously that filter is gross, delete it plz.
>>
>>35358452
Im same height and lost 5 stone. Do it. Its worth it loose skin or no.
>>
>>35360185
What the fuck is a stone
>>
Thanks guys. I'm going to lose the weight and say fuck the loose skin. We'll see what happens.
>>
I've had a gf for 4 years now and she loves my loose skin tummy. She says the sex is amazing too because the skin sits right on her clit in missionary and rubs it just right.
>>
>>35361376
This made me sad.
>>
>>35360596

bongs are so poor they have to measure weight with rocks.
>>
>>35361376
I can't even imagine what that looks like
>>
>>35362207
How so?

>>35362292
It doesn't really look like anything when you're on top of your partner. You don't see it. I just don't have to put any effort into putting pressure on her clit. My skin just does it for me.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.