[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw social anxiety I would rather drop a weight on my neck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 1450346563966.jpg (96 KB, 613x480) Image search: [Google]
1450346563966.jpg
96 KB, 613x480
>tfw social anxiety
I would rather drop a weight on my neck and die than have to ask a stranger to spot me.
>>
>>35358172
You have fallen for a meme. There is no such thing as 'social anxiety' you are just being a pussy. Grow up and stop listening to SJW leftist propaganda.
>>
>>35358177
oh shit I'm cured thank you
>>
Dumbbell press.
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 960x640
Ffs maybe. I have social anxiety with girls I like and when I'm at the center of attention, but that's it. How can you fear talking to a stranger?
>>
>>35358216
I dunno, but it's probably the same reason I can barely make a phone call.
>>
>>35358172
>everything revolves around me
>everybody thinks about me
Stop being selfish you fag
>>
>>35358172
Then work on it you stupid faggot.Btw realize this is an irrational fear.No one is gonna roast you for asking a spot.At best you get a gym bro at worst you ask someone else.The best way to conquer a fear is to do the thing you are afraid of.So get to it.
>>
File: 32523.jpg (88 KB, 634x892) Image search: [Google]
32523.jpg
88 KB, 634x892
God it sucks having SA. I guess that's the price I pay for being as intelligent as I am.

*Sigh*

Why can't I just have a lower level of awareness and consciousness like all of the dumb average normies?
>>
>>35358216
well there's "anxiety" like you described, which is also called nervousness and happens to literally every person alive

and then there's anxiety like OP described, which is a legitimate mental disorder

it's like saying "haha I'm so OCD I love cleaning stuff" vs actually having OCD
>>
>>35358249
OK I'll just be myself! I'll do it for you, anon! Man, if only I knew it was this easy before!
>>
>>35358228
I had times when I used to feel like that.
Best thing to do in my opinion is:
Meet a psychologist if you can afford it
Join a gym and train hard (natty). Lose weight first if fatass. Do SS. The test boost from so much squatting is real.
Put effort in your thing (job,studying) and get good results.

Gradually you will gain confidence. Even if you're a manlet, or ugly, or fat.
>>
everytime i walk by this qt girl at uni, we always lock eyes for a few seconds until i break the gaze and look away cuz im a pussy, how to remedy this situation?
>>
>>35358271
Protip: I was all three
>>
>>35358277
just be yourself
>>
>>35358267
Read what I wrote again because I certainly didn't write that.
You always a passive aggressive faggot?
>>
>>35358258
Well I don't know bro, I think my anxiety fluctuates a lot depending on several factors. Like when I was living in my uni city and had assholes roommate I was very anxious around fellow students and barely talked during or after lectures. I became all red in the face sometimes for no reason. I suspected people were talking shit behind me. Even lifting didn't help. Since I got back home to work on my thesis and had my supportive parents, a 5/10 circle of friends, I became very outgoing again.
>>
>>35358293
do you go up to people with dyslexia and tell them "just read correctly you fuckin idiots, it's all in your head"
>>
>>35358288
i am being myself, im looking away and with each passing day theres gona be less of a chance shes interested, how do i not be myself for a few seconds so i can not be a social retard
>>
>>35358299
I take that as a yes?
>>
God it sucks having SA. I guess that's the price I pay for being as intelligent as I am.. Why can't I just have a lower level of awareness and consciousness like all of the dumb average normies?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 623x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 623x469
>>35358288
Psychfag here.
This advice it's extremely unhelpful and creates even more confusion. That's why when you have these problems you go to a professional. The causes of the problem are much more rooted in the persons life history and only a good analysis of the past and current situation of this anon is going to be helpful.
>>
>>35358331
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>35358330
You posted this already.
>>
>>35358172
>thinks he has social anxiety
>willingly goes to a public place

Sorry to drop the truth bomb on you but youre being a little bitch, if you had social anxiety you wouldnt go to the gym in the first place, or any public place for that matter, you just dont want to talk to strangers, realize this and overcome, its really not that bad, i asked some dude at the gym to spot my form and he gave me a whole heap of useful tips, nice dude
>>
File: post.jpg (15 KB, 505x636) Image search: [Google]
post.jpg
15 KB, 505x636
and here i was thinking that the voices made me crazy, only it was me that made them speak
>>
>>35358331
So what would the psych actually do for you?
>>
File: 1450210063478.png (121 KB, 1548x1468) Image search: [Google]
1450210063478.png
121 KB, 1548x1468
>>
>>35358202
Can't do dumbbell press forever. i switch between that and bench.
>>
>>35358330

If it wasn't clever the first time, it won't be clever the second time.
>>
>>35359367
Got you to respond tho.
>>
>>35358216
>>35358177
>>35358249
>>35358232
Holy shit fit is retarded. People ABSOLUTELY look down on you if you ask for a spot. If you're DYEL then they spend the whole time making fun of your weight. And if you're bigger than them they resent that you're cutting into their workout. The number of times I've gotten
>Fuck off
>lift lighter
>I've got my own shit to do
>no. Get a friend.

When asking for a spot is rediculous.
>>
>>35358252
Nope, you're just a pussy. Grow some balls.
>>
>>35358252
>tips fedora
>>
I've never actually asked for a spot before. People always volunteer.
>>
>>35359446
Nigga I've never had a bad reaction when asking someone for a spot. They always say encouraging shit too which just makes me sperg since I've never had encouragement from others.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.