[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ I got my rack now I just need weights, what should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Hey /fit/ I got my rack now I just need weights, what should I expect to pay for 250-300lbs plus an olympic bar?

Dicks sporting has 255lbs plus bar brand new shipped for 200, is that good or should I be checking craigslist or something for a better deal?
>>
spend the most on a good bar if you can actally lift and never pay more than .40 a pound of weight
>>
>>35357710
Getting plates used is always a good thing, their whole purpose is just being heavy so it's not like you're losing anything by using used weights. If there's nothing on craigslist near you though, that's a good deal. Most people spend $30+ a month on a gym membership so a $200 one time fee (plus an additional ~$80 each time one of your lifts goes up a plate) isn't bad. Do check craigslist for a bench/rack is you plan on using those, just be pickier about the quality there.
>>
>>35357710
haha dicks sporting
>>
>>35357762

Yeah I have been checking craigslist but unfortunately everyone wants a premium for their weights and bars, even used. It seems the $200 deal isn't bad considering its all brand new

>>35357785

u havin a laff m8?
>>
>>35357787
Didn't see that you already had a rack in the first post. This deal is honestly not bad, make sure the bar isn't some bonkers diameter though. I use an old weight set that my dad bought and the bar is so thick that I can't hold it up with more than 350lb on it so I can't do deadlift during break very effectively.
>>
>>35357818

Nevermind I looked again, the deal is actually for a bar and 300lbs

What do you think?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10793623&cp=4406646.4413986.12598195&categoryId=12598209
>>
>>35357829
I'm not sure if this is an actual thing or just something they say for legal safety but
>Maximum bar weight capacity: 300 lbs
Other than that it seems to be a good deal.
>>
>>35357839

Probably an anti lawsuit thing, much like racks that tell you the maximum weight capacity is xxx but it can take more weight, besides how many people often even get to the point that they are shoving 300lbs on a bar? when Op reaches that point of maxing out his bar, he buys a new bar and still has weights left over

Good deal go for it
>>
>>35357839
It can probably hold much more. But honestly the safety risk of going beyond 300 lbs alone at home is probably greater than the bar actually breaking (which is something that doesn't really happen, probably)
>>
>>35357858

Unless its a cheap shitty bar that's been glued rather than screwed together.

Which those 300lb limit bars usually are.
>>
>>35357858

if he has a rack that isn't some cheap weider shit then he should be fine even after a failure
>>
>>35357848
>>35357858
I just read the reviews and many people complained about the durability, so there might be something to that.

Also I don't see any danger of going heavy at home so long as you have a spotter (if it's a lift that you can get stuck under the bar). And OP could easily get to the point of shoving 300lb on the bar if he does deadlifts. If he trains regularly a 300lb deadlift is very attainable.
>>
>>35357829

all the negative reviews straight up say the bar falls apart after heavy use and is absolutely glued together not screwed

Is your health worth more than a 200 buck bargain?
>>
>>35357710
Wait till feb 1st craigs list will be flooded with equiptment

Or go to playit again
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.