[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
martial arts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: 1447055176774.gif (1 MB, 209x180) Image search: [Google]
1447055176774.gif
1 MB, 209x180
any of you do martial arts requiring that you practice at home by yourself?
how do you motivate yourself to keep practicing?
>>
File: product_fighter.jpg (367 KB, 1000x689) Image search: [Google]
product_fighter.jpg
367 KB, 1000x689
>>35357635
I do kickboxing thrice a week on a heavy bag at home and Tai Chi on alternating days. It's the same as working out, you do it often enough that it becomes a habit and you don't skip it. You have to train to the point where it's no longer a question of whether or not you do it, but what you're going to do today and for how long.

Also it helps just to look at techniques or styles related to what you're most experienced in and branch out for a little bit. Doesn't mean you have to stick with it, it's just a good habit to keep learning new things on a regular basis.
>>
>>35357701
thanks
>>
File: remy.jpg (240 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
remy.jpg
240 KB, 1000x667
>>35357635
>how do you motivate yourself to keep practicing?

It becomes easier to motivate yourself the longer you train because you're going to eventually realize you really need to put in the work to maintain your skills with age. Some things will naturally go away, other fundamental things will become more important. Ultimately having the discipline to practice all the time on your own will make you a better person because you're not doing it for outside approval.

Refine yourself, be prepared, some kind of proverb about polishing a sword, I guess, etc.
>>
File: 1263622619389.jpg (16 KB, 499x283) Image search: [Google]
1263622619389.jpg
16 KB, 499x283
>>35357751
Keep training son, it's good for ya.
>>
>>35357635
It depend on your goals, how hard you believe in it, how deep you can go with your body and your mind in it.

I used to be a boxer, this was my way of life.
Every single moment i could train i did. It applied on almost every move and thought,
from the step i made to go out of a room to the way i analysed people weakness when i fight them in my head.
That was an obsession i wanted to be the best and the best don't rest.
>>
/asp/ will probably have better advice for you. That being said I practice Muay That and Brazilain Jiu Jitsu and you can practice movements all you want but there's some things you simply can't practice. I have no way of practicing opening someone's guard without having someone to put me in their guard, but you can do shrimping and what not as movement drills. Striking arts are more practicable on your own, but you can't simulate another human hitting you back (not well at least) so there's only so much you can do without practicing with someone else.
>>
>>35357791
thanks, didn't know that board existed
i don't venture outside /b very often

I'm doing kung fu
most of the stuff we do in the first year or so is solo
>>
>>35357791
>/asp/
>all threads about "rastlin" and "rastlin" video games
>>
>>35357825
>/asp/
>come for the advice
>stay for the rastlin
>>
File: shinsukenakamura.jpg (39 KB, 709x473) Image search: [Google]
shinsukenakamura.jpg
39 KB, 709x473
>>35357791
If you go to /asp/ you got a metric ton of shitposting to wade through so tread carefully
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.