[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Cherry Bomb Alternate.jpg (152 KB, 658x656) Image search: [Google]
Cherry Bomb Alternate.jpg
152 KB, 658x656
SS or SL
>>
ss cause you should learn to power clean cause barbell rows are fucking boring
>>
SS. SL has too much volume for a relatively new beginner.
>>
SL.

Rippetoe is the fat gym teacher you had in high school.
>>
>>35355080
>SS
>SL
>volume
pick 0
>>
>>35355080
>>35355080
You can run sl as 3x5 but then its just ss with rows instead of cleans... Which sl already is.
>>
>>35355104
Candito linear program or greyskull lp
Everythinf else for fags
>>
>>35355069
P/P/L
>>
SL is just a shitty ripoff of SS.
Things that SS has that SL doesn't:
>option to power clean
>the SS book
>directions on how to advance and modify the program once you are plateauing your linear gains
>how to add accessory work to the program
>>
>>35355069
SS and for the love of god read the book and do your powercleans.
>>
>>35356877
Lol

>>35355069
Don't call for those memes, do Candito's Strength/Hypertrophy routine for 3 years straight
>>
>>35355069
SS, and learn your power cleans.
BUT don't obsess over it if you're already doing any other linear programming beginner routine. As long as you're squatting at least 2/week, doing bench and overhead presses, deadlifts, all in sets of 5, you're good.
SS is better mostly because it lets you transition to the Texas Method more easily, in the advanced beginner and intermediate stages.
Whatever you're doing, keep doing that, and think what intermediate routine you want to use, how it will program your lifts, and how you'll do that transition.
I think the TM is easier, there are a lot of coaching resources on how to make it more personalized, and if you don't have a coach and are doing it all on your own those are great, but YMMV, some people get tired of squatting.
>>
First read SS, then read greyskull LP.
Next, run greyskull LP + accessories (rows, pullups, curls, dips, tricep extensions)
>>
Im doing basically a mix of both:
A
squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
DL 1x5
Chinups 3xf

B
squat 3x5
bench 3x5
p. row 3x5
dips 3xf

I started with regular SS, but i fucked up with cleans and hurt back so switched for rows (not planning on /owg/ anyways ) and added SL's chinups and dips since i feel like i can do a bit more after every workout.
>>
>>35355069
Greyskull LP, a routine that focuses on building a base of strength that wasn't designed by a tryhard belgian man or a fat texan who's trying to train powerlifters
>>
I have been doing the 5x5 stripped routine, which I believe is a great starting programme - keeping it simple and taking the better parts of SS and SL
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.