[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've had knee problems in the past and the therapist said
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2015-12-23-16-02-42.png (1 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-23-16-02-42.png
1 MB, 720x1280
I've had knee problems in the past and the therapist said its because I externally rotate my knees too much when doing exercises like deadlifts and squats. I guess I taught myself never to cave in so I always went out. Do these looks decent? Like do my knees look like they are in a decent position?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-23-16-02-50.png (1 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-23-16-02-50.png
1 MB, 720x1280
>>35351998
>>
>>35351998
Same with my toes. I was told to keep them straight ahead cuz I have the mobility to do it. I think they are out too far though. Thoughts?
>>
your feet are too close together. you probably aren't sitting between your hips, opening them and using them for more of the rom

this is likely placing undue stress on your knee because they travel through too large and/or severe a rom during the lift

also protip, post a video if you want us to judge things like this, not shitty pictures
>>
Just look at your ankles. Your feet should be further apart
>>
>>35352023
I have a vid I'll upload right now
>>
>>35352023
Be aware that not everyone's biomechanics are the same.
>>
>>35351998
Op here. Here are 2 vids from 2 different angles

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yTc9Kub7Glo&feature=youtu.be

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RMB4Qhw8TwY&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>35352191
bump for these
>>
>>35352191
It looks like you could really open up your legs. Try pointing your toes out a little and bringing your elbows down. Also you should have a wider stance. Right now you can go lower than parallel because your legs are in the way. Also watch this video on squating form by candito, he goes in depth on some things that i think could really help you. It's short so it should be quick to watch.
https://youtu.be/zoZWgTrZLd8
>>
>>35352438
Yeah I have seen this video before. And yeah i have had tendinosis in my knee and the therapist told me to keep my stance a little bit closer like I am squeezing a ball between my knees to try to remember and que to keep them pushed together so they dont rotate out. If I bring my elbows down, wont that put more weight on my arms instead of my back?
>>
>>35352507
Honestly forget all my advice before. Most people here on fit aren't going to know how to squat with bad knees and what not. I'm not sure how much front squats or low bar squats stress your knees but they may be better for you. Also squatting with bad form like in your vids will probably just make your injuries worse or give you different injuries. Also you could show your therapist these videos and see what they think.
>>
>>35352590
Well thank you for helping, I was told I got injured before becaue I would do really fast drops and would do ass to grass at a really fast level which wasnt needed. So I started over with the weight and am trying to find a position that is comfortable and safe. I could email him the videos but I no longer have him as I moved out of state.
>>
>>35352590
Why do people like you think that if someone squats differently than you it is "bad form"? Everyone has different levers and biomechanics dickface
>>
>>35351998
>Like do my knees look like they are in a decent position?

My humble opinion: you need to have a wider angle and V out. I doubt your knees bend directly above your feet this way. They need to bend exactly in the same direction as your feet go, to avoid exactly what you stated as the problem in your OP.
>>
File: 1449682367407.jpg (225 KB, 832x1125) Image search: [Google]
1449682367407.jpg
225 KB, 832x1125
Work Out Tutorials

https://youtu.be/F3QY5vMz_6I?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/-4qRntuXBSc?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/Dy28eq2PjcM?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/rT7DgCr-3pg?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/7HRqB30lxmo?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

https://youtu.be/423Ew_DQC40

one of these is the squat.
>>
Hey op. Meniscus tear, ACL and MCL tear here.

Currently squatting 125 kg for 6 reps.

What I did for stance was forgetting what everybody teach. I found my own stance based on what it felt confortable and caused no pain. One good tip I used was from a video to clench your butt and straighten legs and see where your feet go naturally. My stance is pretty close, definitely not power lifting stance but more like Olympic stile but not quite. I have like 30 degrees rotation on my feet. Don't have a video right now but this feels natural to me and causes no pain whatsoever. I can do both low bar and high bar like this. Also start stretching. Squat is gonna feel so much better after a month of stretching and you will be more flexible and more comfortable in the hole
>>
>>35352863
>>35352766
video right here btw
>>35352191
Maybe I did that in the vid, did i? I mean the form I used today felt comfortable. But if it was dangerous then screw it
>>
>>35352191

First vid: you don't break parallel, that's dangerous for your knows. You need to go lower and give your joints a break.

>second vid

Just fucking no. You keep your legs so close together that it looks like you're a whore putting out her ass for fucking. What the fuck, stop that!

You need to spread your legs more and put them in a V shape, so you can squat comfortably. That shit can't be comfortable.

Breaking parallel is when your ass/hips go below your knees.

https://youtu.be/kawBY5p29fQ

Listen to Rip.
>>
>>35352946
It isnt the knee joint that is a problem for me. It is the knee tendons which actually do get way more problems going ass to grass
>>
>>35352946
Also what is the v shape? im not sure i know what that means
>>
>>35352973

Consider stretching the hamstrings.

Where's your pain exactly?
>>
>>35352981

Your feet look like | |

They should look like \ /
>>
>>35352983
I don't really have pain while squatting at the moment because I was doing rehab and it got a bit better. But I have diagnosed tendinosis in my knees. So right below the knee cap, that tendon along there was in some really bad pain. The quadriceps tendon gets a bit sore too
>>35353000
Okay thanks
>>
>>35352877
Well you can try it and see how it goes. I would still rotate just a little outwards. Think about 10 degrees so you don't hit a limitation when you go down. I agree that keeping the thighs parallel to each other is bad practice and you will either strain a muscle or cave in when you up the weight. A V is what you should aim but don't go beyond 45 degrees. I recommend experimenting. Everyone is different. And by that I mean the hip structure. You just gotta find something that works for you. You can't just copy someone in a video.
>>
>>35353008
>>35353012
Also the reason you want your feet spread a little is so that you can open your hips. If you keep legs parallel your belly has nowhere to go and back rounding occurs.

Opened hips > belly descend > back stay straight while achieving a good depth. With parallel legs your can't go deep enough without back rounding. And aim for just bellow parallel at least. Knee pressure is at it's highest just above parallel and you don't want to stop there. My injuries act up if I stop there but as long as I don't stop there I can't feel any pain
>>
>>35352777
Sounds too good to be true.
Not a meme?
>>
>>35353008

If you're especially inflexible, as I am, consider stretching your hamstrings. There's a knee condition where your kneecaps touch some other bone, which causes pain, and can be avoided by stretching hamstrings. Basically, short hamstrings pull the cap toward a bone and cause kneepains.
>>
>>35353049

Not that I know of, no. Plenty of athlete started with a very similar program to SS or SL and they got results. It's proven by now. I wish more "made" anons came back to tell us.

I totally believe it though.
>>
>>35352191
>>35351998

You have zero core tightness family. Hyperextended back all over the place.
Also the advice your therapist gave for squats sounds pants on retarded.
>>
>>35352627
This is bad form tho dumb dumb. Biomechanics only go so far a human body only differs so much mechanically. Not enough to where op is squating with good form.
>>
>>35353176
Yeah I havent lifted in 3 months cuz of a surgery so thats why im here asking lol thanks though
>>
>>35353191
I dont see him doing anything that wrong and im a personal trainer. Where is your certificate?
>>
>>35353231
Never give advice again. Also trade in your certificate plz.
>>
>>35351998
I think I've got the same problem as you. I noticed in my videos that my knees were caving in slightly on the ascentric portion of my low-bar squat. I've tried forcing them out, but now I've got knee pain in my left knee. I've also got a tight hip flexor in my left leg due to pulling it during the summer.
>>
>>35353260
Oh so you dont have any certification and youre just spouting shit after knowing nothing about biomechanics or literature? OP's farm isnt perfect but its acceptable. He wont hurt himself that way
>>
File: 1357792196128.jpg (9 KB, 300x137) Image search: [Google]
1357792196128.jpg
9 KB, 300x137
>>35353361
>Op injured knees previously from squating
>posts video of shit form
>whole thread pointing out his shit form and how to fix
>along comes you "it's just his Biomechanics" douche spouting that he won't hurt himself.

Honestly you can believe what you want I just feel bad for the people you give advice to in real life if you think op has good form.
>>
>>35353413
No, I am intuitive. i read things in the thread like this
>>35352616
>, I was told I got injured before becaue I would do really fast drops and would do ass to grass at a really fast level which wasnt needed. So I started over with the weight and am trying to find a position that is comfortable and safe.

Hmm did you try reading this cocksucker? If he was doing fast negatives and shit and he doesnt do that anymore then he wont't have a problem. Its fucking science and science doesnt lie.
>>
>>35353438
fuck you
>>
nice ass boi
>>
>>35353000

That fucking get of simple truth. Check it.
>>
>>35354044
how will that help anything?
>>
>>35354104
well?
>>
>>35352191
you look like you are pushing your ass out instead down.
>>
>>35354463
what do you mean instead of down? Isnt pushing it out what activates the hips more than the knees?
>>
>>35355022
bump
>>
>>35355157
bump
>>
>>35355311
bumppp
>>
>>35354037
this post more
>>
Jesus Christ OP fix your back. Brace your damn core instead of hyperextending all over. You don't feel it now cause it's super baby weight.
>>
>>35356150
Its better than rounding though right?
>>
>>35356724

No.

No it isn't.
>>
Feet way too close together for low bar
Point toes out some more
>>
>>35356727

yeah this, you can say goodbye to your discs once the weight gets heavy.
>>
It's called a valgus knee.
http://bretcontreras.com/peoples-knees-cave-inward-squat/

http://bretcontreras.com/knee-valgus-valgus-collapse-glute-medius-strengthening-band-hip-abduction-exercises-and-ankle-dorsiflexion-drills/
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.