[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did nobody in the 80s and 90s have loose skin problems when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: loose skin.jpg (87 KB, 634x667) Image search: [Google]
loose skin.jpg
87 KB, 634x667
Why did nobody in the 80s and 90s have loose skin problems when losing weight? Different training methods?
>>
>>35351971
They weren't morbidly obese until now
>>
>>35351971
nobody got fat enough to have loose skin
>>
>>35352017
The obesity epidemic began in the late 90s tho.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/brain-and-behavior/articles/2011/07/21/epidemic-of-obesity-in-us-kids-began-in-late-90s

The thing is that this loose skin problem seem to be a phenomenon that only appeared in the last 10 years.
>>
>>35351971
Yes. In the 80s and 90s, you didn't do powerlifting to lose weight, but mostly cardio, stuff like callanetics etc.

Fad diets were still popular just as they are today, tho.
>>
>tfw lost 90lbs
>tfw no loose skin

Still got another 30 to go tho so..
>>
>>35351971
Maybe it's low carb diets? Those weren't used much in the 80s and 90s, they all did low fat.
>>
>>35352108
Yeah, some people get it, some don't. There must be a reason.
>>
>>35352061
If the obesity epidemic happened in the late 90 maybe it took them 10 years to lose the weight and that's why we see the lose skin now.
>>
>>35352135
We have 2015, not 2005.
>>
People back then:
>Low fat diet
>Strength-endurance training ("toning")
>No loose skin

People now
>Low carb diet
>Max strength training
>Loose skin

The reason is probably in there somewhere.
>>
>>35352108
Do you have any stretch marks?
>>
>>35352135
How much do you figure they weighed if they need 10 years to get to a normal weight?
>>
>>35352108
What method did you use for losing weight?
>>
>>35352175
Well, high reps/high volume is supposed to strengthen your connective tissues and loose skin is basically your connective tissue failing, so...
>>
>>35352061
Goldmember came out in 2002 and had a loose skin joke when Fat Bastard lost weight. It just wasn't as common because there weren't as many fatsos.
>>
>>35352110
That low carb shit was popular back then too. Atkins diet etc
>>
>>35351971
People hid it obv.

Also you very likely have it because you still have a decent amount of fat in there. Lose the fat lose the flabby bits of "extra" skin
>>
>>35351971
there wasnt widespread internet for shitlords to poke fun of them
>>
>>35352266
>your skin is connective tissue

how does it feel being this dumb?
>>
>>35352228
A caloric deficit?
>>
>>35352189
You get stretch marks from gaining weight. He lost it.
>>
>>35352518
>Goldmember came out in 2002
Fucking hell I was 11 when that badboy came out, I saw it with my mom. KEK!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.