[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
guys, whats the best chest routine? my chest has made literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Brexef7CcAAETc7.jpg (22 KB, 472x343) Image search: [Google]
Brexef7CcAAETc7.jpg
22 KB, 472x343
guys, whats the best chest routine? my chest has made literally zero gains. I've been doing benchpress and whatnot, but those seem to suck at actually building chest
>>
cock pushups
>>
>>35351309
Ask scooby, the best of chest . his chest beats the rest.
>>
>>35351679
>>35351320

can I get none meme answers please?
>>
>>35351309
Dumbells are better for chest than barbell bench
>>
>>35351309
>and whatnot
yeah you might wanna go into a bit more detail
>>
>>35352120

my usual chest day would be bp, incline bp, and dumbell flys. Never really saw any results other than being stronger and being able to lift more weights

I started doing some cable stuff in the past two weeks and I at least feel it in my chest a lot more than the other exercises.
>>
>>35352166
Switch to PPL instead of brosplit so that you can work your chest twice a week instead of once. Those exercises are good, add dips though
>>
>>35352166
>>35352351
Also, make sure you're doing all of them with proper form and with adequete weight, you might not even be using your chest much in some of them
>>
Press just below the nipple line, engages more chest and less shoulders.
>>
Do dumbbell flyes
>>
>>35352351
>PPL instead of brosplit

I dont know what these mean. I started about 3 months ago so I dont really know all the jargon.

But I actually lightened up on my incline benchpress just to make sure I was doing proper form
>>
>>35351320
But I can only do one
>>
Modified C6W's BP day to include heavy flat/incline (alternate every week) DB press 3x8-10, DB pullovers 3x8-10, flat/incline DB flies (alternate) 3x8-10, high/low cable flies (alternate).

All for once a week, the rest of the upper days i'll focus on arms, shoulders and/or back.
>>
>>35352497
PPL = Push Pull Legs.

And the best way of going about it is..

Monday-Wednesday: Heavy compounds. Go for PRs every week or every other week. Then Thursday-Saturday do more isolation work with more volume (4-5 x 10-12). Not necessarily "light", but lighter than M-W's workouts and go for a pump more than power and PRs. For what it's worth, that's about the most efficient split anyone can do. I'll might get some arguments but the more you read, the more you'll come to realize it's true. Best of luck bud.
>>
>>35352545
Pullovers NEVER seem to do shit for me. Is it something people with long arms are at a disadvantage doing?
>>
>>35352525
One's all you need.
>>
>>35352497
>brosplit
Splitting your days at the gym into arms, chest, shoulders, back, and legs
>PPL
stands for Push, Pull, and Legs
Pretty similar to brosplit, but muscles are grouped together more efficiently, they are grouped according to how they work with each other and what muscles they use as secondary

Push - Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders
Pull - Biceps and Back
Legs - self explanatory

Chest exercises use the triceps and shoulders, Back exercises use the biceps, etc

A PPL routine can be either 5 or 6 times a week (3 would be too little), you either work each group twice (6 days a week) or you do Push and Pull twice and legs once (this is what I do).

If you want to switch, look for a beginner PPL routine, or ask for one in a routine thread (make one if there isn't one in the catalogue)
>>
>>35352497
Im serious about scooby. Watch his chest videos.

Google scooby chest and click the video

He explains wide stance pushups with squeezing action fornchest development. He explains pectoral isolation. If you think scooby is a meme you should get off this board and just become a cardio bunny twink
>>
File: 1448568924458.jpg (93 KB, 500x888) Image search: [Google]
1448568924458.jpg
93 KB, 500x888
My chest didn't start growing til I started doing weighted dips.
>>
Bench press
Dumbbellb flies (try barbells for keks)
Pushups
Pullups

What else do you need m8
>>
>>35352631

okay thanks. I think Im going to finish my routine out for this week and then switch to that
>>
>>35352648
Would bodyweight dips suffice until I get a belt/chain setup I can hang weights from?

Also... how many sets of how many bodyweight dips should one be able to do before adding a weighted belt?
>>
>>35352710
Just do 3×F
>>
>>35352648
dips hurt my elbows and shoulders. am i doing them wrong?
>>
>>35352710
My gym doesn't have belts either, but I do them with dumbbells held between my legs above my knees and my legs bent.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.