[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zercher Squat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 13.jpg (129 KB, 738x415) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
129 KB, 738x415
Hello lads, I'm doing Zercher Squats because reasons and I want some info about them, opinions are very welcome too.
>It's just the retarded cousin of the front squat?
>Does it work the same kind of muscles of the standard squat?
>If you do them, how much you can squat and why do you do?
>>
>>35349220
Just front squat and then saw your biceps with a fucking saw, i train at a crossfit gym and even the y think its a stupid exercise.
>>
Do these with a heavy sandbag. Less pain more gain
>>
Use a fat bar if you have one or just wrap a towel around the bar. Great carry over to deadlifts.
>>
>>35349220

well it is true...
>>
>>35349220
Just google how to squat 900 lbs by bud jeffries pdf he has a section at the end on Zercher squats guy is a beast too.
>>
>>35349220
why would anyone do this

weight would be too light to produce hypertrophy when compared to regular back or front squat

doesn't have any carry over for powerlighting

not a chance you'd see it in a weight lifting routine

its just some narcissistis idiot who tried to re invent the wheel so people would think he's the greatest
>>
>>35349220

Yup.

>Does it work the same kind of muscles of the standard squat?
Pretty much. But the fact that the bar is pressing in crook of the arm, scratching and/or squeezing and pinching your skin is very distracting and unpleasant and limits the weight you can do with them.

>If you do them, why do you do?
Did them because I lacked a squat racked. Got one asap.
>>
>>35350811
Works a lot of similar core structure that an atlas stone does. but you're right, it's shit.
>>
"You are better off cutting off your dick and eating it - rather than doing "pulldown abs". What a worthless exercise. I fell for that exercise and wasted a year of my life. If an exercise can be dumber than Zercher squats, which I thought entirely impossible, it is "pull down abs". "

Jim Windler on Zerker squats and Ab pulldowns.
>>
>>35350906

Wendler* Thanks AC
>>
I'm fairly certain this lift was thought up for those that don't have access to a rack. Basically squats for poor people
>>
>>35350906

What's a pull down abs?
>>
>>35351011
Cable crunches, i agree that the kneeling cable crunch AKA the muslim crunch is shit but the standing one is good according to candytoe.
>>
>>35349220
biceps go SNAP CITY
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.