[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ on suicide watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Laugh-Meme-02.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
Laugh-Meme-02.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1440
>b-b-but full squats are dangerous guise!

>With the same load configuration as in the deep squat, half and quarter squat training with comparatively supra-maximal loads will favour degenerative changes in the knee joints and spinal joints in the long term. Provided that technique is learned accurately under expert supervision and with progressive training loads, the deep squat presents an effective training exercise for protection against injuries and strengthening of the lower extremity. Contrary to commonly voiced concern, deep squats do not contribute increased risk of injury to passive tissues.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23821469
>>
>Provided that technique is learned accurately under expert supervision and with progressive training loads, the deep squat presents an effective training exercise for protection against injuries and strengthening of the lower extremity. Contrary to commonly voiced concern, deep squats do not contribute increased risk of injury to passive tissues.

So literally what we've all been saying all along?

Also
>Laugh-Meme-02.jpg
>>>/reddit/
>>
Same shit everytime
>scientists observing DYELS
>not actually lifting themselves
faggot
>>
>tfw chiropractor says no squats
>>
>>35348454

> doesn't want to squat to depth because he's a pussy.
>>
>>35348454
this. oly lifters are the best squaters on the planet and they have knee problems up the ass when they get older. not to mention that most of the /fit/ atg squaters just powerbomb to the bottom and put all the stress on their knees.
>>
>tfw herniated diks
>tfw can't squat
>>
>>35348457

>listens to chiropractors
>>
>>35348475
>says the neckbeard after reading stuff on the internet.
That's funny, because I train in an olympic lifting gym and there's plenty of old fags here that have competed for 20 - 30 years and have no knee problems.
>>
>>35348479

>herniated diks
>diks

Anon I'm so sorry
>>
>>35348491
Good for you, I know Oly lifters who have serious joint problems.
>>
>>35348504

Some of them have joint problems, elbow and shoulder. it's unlikely that you can compete and train seriously for 15 - 30 years and have no issues. They just have no knee issues from squatting to depth.
>>
>>35348525
Whatever you say, buddy.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 736x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 736x413
any long femur bros on?
what are some good squat replacement lifts?
>>
>>35348483
>so short that he can "safely" squat and wreck his knee cartilage
>>
>>35348528

The science isn't on your side.
>>
>>35348444
>So literally what we've all been saying all along?
>We
>Implying everyone on /fit/ is a Rippletitsdrone

Lmao pham
>>
>>35348475
There are ways to squat that aren't the correct form but allow you to lift more than you normal could using the correct form. The same is true of deadlifts. These methods place great strain on your joints. When you compete at the highest level, you use these methods. Thats why you might see some guy deadlifting a ridiculous amount of weight with inward bent knees.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.