[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are front squats so unpopular? They feel so fucking good,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1450740555242.jpg (64 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
1450740555242.jpg
64 KB, 736x736
Why are front squats so unpopular?
They feel so fucking good, and you feel like a king when you can do heavy ass weights with it.
>>
because they're seen as a girl's exercise, because they do them to get an ass. dudebros think that's gay and girly so they do legpress or something instead
>>
>>35347836
The only type of squat I've ever seen a girl do is a back squat
>>
>>35347759
Theres no real point in doing them if you´re no oly lifter
>>
>>35347836
>because they do them to get an ass
it works the quads, abs and calves
>>35347759
I have tried but they seem too much trouble, high bar is easier and works the same muscles
>>
>>35347759
I alternate them with back squats as per Reg Parks 5x5

God knows if they're helping but they feel different to back squats so I assume they're hitting something vital
>>
>>35347759
I would if my wrist flexibility wasn't so shit, I've been working on it for months and nothings changed that much
>>
They're like squatting with your stomach, I love them.

>Squat down
>Feel the weight pulverize your abs
Best feeling, this also made me see how shit my core was.
>>
File: BREATHINTOYORBALLS.gif (973 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
BREATHINTOYORBALLS.gif
973 KB, 400x224
>>35347759

you faggots will never become the strongest version of yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEwzyHeAlos
>>
>>35347882
Could be your triceps or your lats cause the inability to get there. Otherwise do more mobility for your wrist.

Frontsquats are great. They have a much bigger carryover to backsquats than vice-versa (Can be a big backsquater and have a comparatively weak frontsquat, vice-versa isn't true).

Best frontsquat is 2xbw for a triple. Feels good.
>>
>>35347882
What wrist flexibility exercises were you doing?
>>
>>35347836
it works the glutes less than a back squat does. I feel it in my back, abs and quads alot when frontsquatting.
>>
File: w4nqSBF.jpg (51 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
w4nqSBF.jpg
51 KB, 600x450
>>35347882
>>
>>35347882

It won't be your wrists, it's normally lats and tris being tight that stops you getting your elbows up.
>>
>>35347997

Check your form, you should feel less lower back activation with front squats.

Front squats are good to train legs on deadlift days for this reason.
>>
>>35347877

>it works the quads, abs and calves

You extend your hips during the front squats, and none of the muscles you are citing can do that.

Front squats do work your glutes a bunch.
>>
File: 1439604612619.png (287 KB, 541x659) Image search: [Google]
1439604612619.png
287 KB, 541x659
>>35348189

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig8eZXfJiaY
I've seen people going from not being able to hold the bar in the rack position to doing it with perfect wrist mobility in the next minute just from doing that.
>>
>>35348099

honestly imo once you get the wrist form down, it's a lot more comfortable doing them and you can stabilize your upper back a bit better. Crossing your wrists like that kinda forces you to push your scaps forward.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.