[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a better sense of humour?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: bed.jpg (630 KB, 1280x1912) Image search: [Google]
bed.jpg
630 KB, 1280x1912
How do I get a better sense of humour?
>>
its relative, find people who appreciate your humor.

If you dont give a fuck about family guy and vines, dont bother with it
>>
get the fuck outta /fit/ with these threads would be a great start
>>
>>35344813
Don't take things so seriously. Take things as they come and try to view things from different perspectives. Don't hold such strong beliefs and be more lax in your opinions and perspectives. This will allow you to see things in a different light and turn a situation into something lighthearted or funny. This works for me.
>>
>>35344813
The way I see it, a good sense of humor isn't so much about laughing all the time or making fun of everything but has more to do with the way you view the world.
People tell me I have a good sense of humor, and a lot of that I attribute to my parents.
What advice I will give though is to read a lot, drink a decent amount (around other people), and hang out with a wide variety of people. It may not give you a better sense of humor but it will make you more interesting and well-rounded.
>>
>>35344859

its not fitness related

and this is a work safe board

enjoy your ban faggot
>>
>>35344893
it's just a chest faggot
>>
online buddies say im hilarious

irl i dont really know, i dont talk much unless im feeling the company
>>
>tfw you humor is kinda dark so people just ignore you
>>
>>35344813
Increase your 1repmaxs
>>
>>35344859
MODS
>>
>>35344813
Ask people for their one rep maxes
>>
>>35344813
If I wanted a better sense of humor I'd ask you what your one rep max is
>>
Watch videos of street performers and comedy clubs, understand what goes into a joke. Half of getting a laugh isn't even the joke it's the person and context. Also helps if you do normie shit
>>
>>35344813
To be honest I think being open minded to everything is a good way to start.
>>
>>35344823
Absolutely false.

Literally everyone I've met thought I was funny. You have to be quick in piercing the veil of strangerhood, and you have to make fun of yourself alot. If you're /fit/ girls drool for borderline creepy humor.
>>
>>35346731
Right, if people see you as attractive they'll put up with any little thing you do even though its actually lame.

Guys do it all the time with these chicks, vice versa.
>>
>>35344813
How do I get a gf who dresses like that for funky ziet?
>>
>>35344813
basically, humor is the ability to find unconventional analogies/patterns/metaphors etc and present them in a way, that is associated with humor in the group
before internet, you actually had to be quite an erudito to achieve that, that is you had to read a lot, or travel, or talk to a lot of ppl etc
but right now its way easier; if we are talking about normie humor, then you just condition your brain for it by watching a lot of popular comedy. even if you dont like it yourself, in time your brain will learn to recognize conventionally "funny" things and you will start subconsciously remember them (meaning that you will perceive them as your own jokes, not remembered) in appropriate situations
its like playing chess, or shadowboxing or anything else really, you just do stuff a lot and then start getting good at it
read how brain works and master life breh
>>
>>35344813
I don't know. I think part of it is innate. I have a pretty good sense of humor, and people have mentioned it to me.

I guess you have to not take things so seriously, and be clever enough to recognize the humor in things. Learn to see the humorous side of scenarios.

Humor is a bit subversive. When you laugh at something someone does, they might get offended--you have to learn to ignore the complaints of people who take themselves too seriously.
>>
>>35344946
Dude, you can be insanely popular with darker humor. Maybe you need to work on your execution
>>
File: 1450857313462.jpg (561 KB, 2372x3058) Image search: [Google]
1450857313462.jpg
561 KB, 2372x3058
>>35344813
>tfw you will never be an 18 year-old dude having sex with fresh 16 y-o pussy :(
>>
>>35344813
Get out of this website before your mind is overrun by nonsense and all you can laugh at are cartoon frogs, gay innuendos, and some irish guy who was in a batman movie for 5 minutes.
>>
>>35344823
>family goy and vines
>funny

Pick one faggot.

>>35344813
Make fun of yourself a lot and your close friends, but never throw people under the bus to make a joke. Don't be THAT guy, be the other guy. The laid back, funny guy.
>>
File: wilson.jpg (11 KB, 324x98) Image search: [Google]
wilson.jpg
11 KB, 324x98
>>35347770
>>
Comedy Writing Secrets By Mel Heitzler is a really good book on comedy.

>>35347770
Agreed. 4chan ruins your sense of humor. Not much here will go down well in casual situations.
>>
>>35344813

I get told that I have a 'dry humor' quite often. Doesn't appear to be a bad thing and people do seem to expect it of me. hasn't prevented me from getting laid, yet.

Maybe it's not your humor but all the spaghetti you keep in your cape.
>>
>>35347845
4chan does seem to creep into my real life interactions.

Recently when I saw a repair bill my gf got because she can't drive for shit and rearended a delivery van I actually said 'fuck, you got jewed' out loud.
>>
File: thumbs_up.gif (3 MB, 176x176) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_up.gif
3 MB, 176x176
>>35345835
>>
Say a statement and then say NOT loudly after it
>>
I have a dry, dark, and sarcastic sense of humour. People either find me hilarious, offensive, or think I need to see a counsellor. I don't make dead baby or rape jokes or anything, I just play on things that are subtly offensive without outright insulting.

Basically, being to funny is just finding out what will get a reaction without an overreaction. You also have to fine tune sarcasm. If you do it too obvious, people will think you're a tit in most cases; but if you do it too subtly, people will think you're serious and miss the joke and think that you actually do volunteer at the mental asylum cleaning feces out of bedsheets and toothbrushes.

Basically caress peoples' buttons, don't push them.
>>
>>35347770

>hear someone say "for you"
>kek out loud

probably the most inexplicable maymay of the past few years.
>>
Anyone have the source on OPs pic

I need more pics of her
>>
File: 1449998754767.png (205 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1449998754767.png
205 KB, 500x250
>>35346731

>If you're /fit/ girls drool for borderline creepy humor.

So much this. I'm not even /fit/ but I purposely make direct sex jokes and super creepy jokes but girls just gobble that shit up. However, I'm 6'0 and kind of decent looking so this will NOT work on anyone 5'9 and under.

Also on topic:

Nearly all of my friends find me funny. I am a super good improviser in most aspects of my life. Had a final senior presentation for highschool and I literally just winged it with 5 minutes of rushed powerpoint creation and got a perfect score. This ability has helped me immensely in both girls and irl. It nicely ties in with my hilariously dry humor and can get the whole room laughing immediately.

How can you get humor like this? I got it from years of heavy fucking depression and wanting to kill myself combined with a shit sense of self-esteem. A lot of funny guys are broken messes like me. Some are former fatties that dropped weight, some have fucked up families, and some may have suffered a lot of pain from others.
>>
>>35344946
Everyone's got a dark sense of humour you just need to lay off the heavy hitting ones until you know them more. Telling a holocaust joke after knowing the person for 15 minutes will not bode well for the relationship.
>>
>>35344845
>>35344880
>>35346071
>>35346927
>>35346946
>>35347903
>>35348103
all of this
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.