[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social Gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 21
File: Bunny.jpg (49 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Bunny.jpg
49 KB, 720x960
Hello Anons. In this thread, we discuss how to make social gains. All things regarding social life, including girls (implying we go for girls), are welcome.
>>
>>35344806

Let me start off. Been trying to talk to more people, and I find it hard to start conversations off. Can anyone recommend some things I can do and practice that have been tried and true? I don't want to try something on some site and look like an autist anymore.
>>
A good start would be just simply greeting people, or asking how they've been. It will show that you're the least bit interested and not just a total shut-out. It is important to show confidence and not stutter or slur.
>>
>>35344937
Would you recommend practicing in front of a mirror?

I understand that a greeting would be the best way to introduce yourself, but where do I go from there?

I'm not asking for a script by any means, it's just that from that initial greeting, there are so many ways the conversation can go. What would be an appropriate topic that wouldn't offend a person, and yet wouldn't seem too intimate and come off as creepy?

Or should I just keep on trying until I find out for myself?
>>
>>35344965
Practicing in front of a mirror could benefit, but while you do so, it may seem stupid. It's only important that the other person sees that you're interested in what they're talking about. As for bringing up topics, you could ask semi-personal questions, such as about job, interests, etc. As long as the other person sees you're interested, that could make them more open about themselves, which could increase the quality of the conversation. Listening and responding appropriately is key. Just don't interrupt, or drive the topic too much toward yourself or other things you are not comfortable with.
>>
open ended questions that require more than a one word response, from there you just build off of whatever they say.
>>
Be a provider, to be accepted in a social situation you have to bring something to the group.

Alcohol and humor are easy to acquire and bring plenty of joy.
>>
>>35344806
Social gains are easy man. I got 6 girls numbers in the last 2 weeks. And I made a bunch of new friends. Just go out, have fun, be yourself, and don't worry about what people are thinking. My problem now is that I have no were to fuck any of these girls because they all still live at home, as do I and it's Christmas break, so everyone's got a sibling or parent home. College can really suck
>>
>>35344836
Try finding completely random people. Go to stuff you've never been to before. Start doing dancing. Or tennis class. Something where you're interacting with people regularly (not something like yoga, that's the next step). You just have to take the initiative, and the only way you're going to get decent at conversations or talking to people is practice. Also doing stuff where most people or nobody knows anyone is good, as everyone is in your situation. Lastly, have a point in mind for your conversation. What do you want to talk about or establish? Don't just ramble, as this will make you come off more autistic and leaves the conversation to be awkward. Just don't be too stiff with your conversations. Also try to laugh a bit, and smile too. Don't put your hands in your pockets. Try not to cross your arms. Don't look at the ground.
>>
http://www.succeedsocially.com/
>>
Play on your phone and talk about the same bullshit everyone else does

Congrats son you're a real normie now
>>
>>35344806

if you go outside enough, you will find the girl willing to squat and watch anime with you
>>
File: 3065470.jpg (108 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
3065470.jpg
108 KB, 400x389
>>
I only thought about running through my 7th floor apt. window twice this week. :3
>>
Yes sir!
>>
File: images__12_.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images__12_.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>
>>35346407
Go back to /b/
>>
>>35345439
You can gauge how interesting you are by how long someone plays with their phones right in front of you phamily
>>
>>35346402
Brehhhh ;_;
>>
File: 1450426672790.jpg (162 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450426672790.jpg
162 KB, 640x640
>take benzos
>smoke weed
>feel like shit always
>may have MS
>weed just makes me feel worse but can't stop smoking
>considering dropping weed for alcohol
>going to keep benzos regardless

thoughts?
>>
File: 450852800874.jpg (6 KB, 200x227) Image search: [Google]
450852800874.jpg
6 KB, 200x227
I am so fucking pissed at myself, /fit/.

>huge crush on girl for years
>never really felt good enough so I left it at that
>hangout a few times
>never try any moves bc autism and bitch syndrome
F A S T F O R W A R D
>yesterday
>hangout with friend
>hey anon after this I'm going to go hangout with (your crush)
>wanna come?
>literally panic at the thought of seeing her
>'n-nah man thanks tho, I'm going to be really tired after this'

in my defense im really fat right now and probably have 0 chance but I regret not seeing her
(losing decent weight don't bully pls)

/fit/ if you are in a similar situation and are autistic like me... just go for it, any pain or anxiety you face there is nothing compared to the regret
>>
>>35346618
Your friend's probably fucking her right now. You can't even fault him since he did invite you to hang out with them
>>
>>35346571

Drop all of that shit for a moderate amount of alcohol. The weed is sapping your motivation and making you waste your precious time, even when you aren't high. It affects you between highs.

I shouldn't even have to tell you about benzos, but that is absolutely murdering your body and brain. Google it.
Drink SOME alcohol as a replacement in your life for benzos.

Source: went through literally this 2 years ago.
>>
File: 449390252047.jpg (80 KB, 1137x640) Image search: [Google]
449390252047.jpg
80 KB, 1137x640
>>35346654

nah.
he has a gf
and I think she might even be dating someone.

i dont really care desu, I'm not the type to get jealous if he were to do that, it's not like I told him I liked her.

I'm not even going to try to hook up with ANY GIRL until I'm sub 200lbs, I feel utterly disgusting because I am disgusting.

that's the real reason i didn't want to hangout.

i have 60 lbs to go, maybe I'll get it by next summer?
>>
"the charisma myth"

pretty much teaches you how to beamazing with anyone

cured me of my social anxiety

iv read it 3 times now
>>
If you want social gains you need to learn pickup game, checkout Tyler on youtube he is a pickup MASTER.

Read pickup books and watch pickup artist talks, women are completely retarded and you can manipulate them into having sex with you if you learn the techniques (peackocking, negging ect). Also if I were you I would consider saving up $5000 and going to a pickup bootcamp, it will be worth it, a small price to pay for a life changing experience
>>
>>35344806
just don't date a girl that still thinks about her ex after being with you for over 6 months
>>
>>35346503
what does that have to do with it
>>
>>35346723
tl;dr?
>>
>>35344937
I'm usually on the more introverted side but like you I've been wanting to change. I was at the airport yesterday, ESPN was on. Started making comments about OBJ to the guy next to me, asking about tacos he ate to me, real small things. bedore long 4-5 people around are all shooting the shit about whatever. All it took was just speaking up about nothing really. It was eye opening and feel like I made some social gains.
>>
>>35346730
this desu, best 7 grand i ever spent
>>
dont listen to your ipod everywhere you go and just try smiling as you walk past people.
>>
>>35346730
>>35347051
rapists desu
>>
File: 514.jpg (34 KB, 600x441) Image search: [Google]
514.jpg
34 KB, 600x441
>>
File: tumblr_m2bx7mMnZ01qj41h3o1_500.jpg (59 KB, 471x341) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2bx7mMnZ01qj41h3o1_500.jpg
59 KB, 471x341
>>35346449
>>
File: 39f.jpg (48 KB, 481x348) Image search: [Google]
39f.jpg
48 KB, 481x348
>>
>>35346571

HNGGGGGG the right doe
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 1024x576
>Buy or torrent The Blueprint Decoded
>Watch it
>Go out and practice
>Achieve social gains

Also read "How to make friends & influence people" and "No excuses" by Brian Tracy
>>
File: 144842508938.jpg (80 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
144842508938.jpg
80 KB, 600x901
I realised that all my friends are bitter racist neckbeards. Like I used to be.

I want to ditch them, but im scared i wont be able to find new friends to replace them. I feel like having shitty friends I hate is better than no friends at all, right?
>>
File: How to be aesthetic.gif (504 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
How to be aesthetic.gif
504 KB, 320x180
bumping for interest
>>
File: 4a3.png (218 KB, 536x400) Image search: [Google]
4a3.png
218 KB, 536x400
I think a lot of the problem is that people tell themselves that "it's me" way too often. Some girls just can't be talked to without passing the laser trip wire properly. These girls YOU don't want to date, fuck those bitches, just write them off, onto the next one.

You can't bang them all anons.
>>
File: b7e.jpg (61 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
b7e.jpg
61 KB, 500x368
>>35348590
Your ditching your redneck friends because if their collective beliefs? Racist.
They be thinking the same thing about you.
>>
>>35346415
>>
>>35346730
Mate, Tyler's a fucking autist
>>
>>35348590
You can use them to make yourself look better by comparison. High level social skills required, but really effective
>>
>>35344806
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/

read the side bar
>>
>>35344806
I'd love to know how to make new friends / meet new people. Every once in a while I see "events" going on in my area, or "singles meetups", but am always skeptical about the type of people who go to these things. I am worried it's a bunch of fedora tipping trap lovers.

In my early 30's, and I am the manager at my workplace, so don't really socialize with workers outside of work due to this fact.
>>
>>35348742

>>>/r9k/
>>
File: fe3.jpg (36 KB, 600x417) Image search: [Google]
fe3.jpg
36 KB, 600x417
>>35346730
Sound like quite the pickup autist yourself
>>
>>35348742

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheBluePill/comments/2nj2ed/my_compilation_of_posts_on_why_trp_is_sexist_and/

Try not to get triggered by the word "sexist" and read it. TRPers are the cringiest motherfuckers alive.
>>
File: redpill mod being autistic 1.png (23 KB, 794x268) Image search: [Google]
redpill mod being autistic 1.png
23 KB, 794x268
>>35348742

>
redpillers are autistic losers with no idea what a balanced relationship is. steer clear, lel
<------ MOD of /r/theredpill
>>
>>35348750
Try out, you go to the gym to fail until you succeed, as so you should in the social setting.
>>
>8 months lifting
>starting to look descent enough to get female attention
>still the same autist idiot

I feel like my confidence is even lower than when I started lifting. How do I stop being so goddamn insecure
>>
>>35348835

Practice on randoms
>>
>>35344806
How to social gainz when still skinny fat and dont drink alchohol
>>
>>35344806
TL;DR , if you consider yourself muscular to some degree treat your woman like you treat your gains.
>>
Actually, though you should practice talking to people, like knowing what kinds of topics people enjoy, don't perceive it as making "social gains".

People aren't more or less difficult, no one is your max or your 8-rep weight. People are just people with real feelings, emotions, dreams, fears. They're not solid blocks you have to train yourself to pick up.

Just have a personality or learn to get people to talk about their own.
>>
how do i deal with my misoginy
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.