[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is keto just a meme? I'm cutting at about 150g of Carbs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14
Is keto just a meme? I'm cutting at about 150g of Carbs a day and get enough Protein. Will I see this hurt my weight loss?
>>
>>35344318

what do u mean by 150 gr carbs a day
>>
Yes, keto is a meme and terrible for health. Useful only for insulin resistant fatties who can't count calories. For anyone else 45-65% of calories should come from carbohydrates.
>>
File: keto.jpg (254 KB, 966x1194) Image search: [Google]
keto.jpg
254 KB, 966x1194
>mfw picrelated is 48 y-o and has been on keto for 5 years now
>>
>>35344318
Depends on what you find doubtful.
For the purposes of cutting, following a keto diet works pretty well.
+Feel more full
+Less bloat
+Less water retention
+Faster fat loss

-Lack of carbs means you'll fatigue more easily during workouts
-Less water retention
-Weird breath and piss scents

I'm a big advocate for low carb, but there hasn't been enough research to say if this is good for you long-term. Anyone acting definitive on either side is full of shit. Make your own decision based on your individual needs.

Keto often gets attacked because people think it means you eat stuff like bacon 24/7 and get no nutritional value out of most food. People who do that are doing it wrong.

A good /fit/ keto diet will consist of lean meats, most of which is poultry and very little to no processed/red meat. Fish should be supplementary to poultry. Also necessary is lots of green vegetables for micros and fiber. Certain beans can be utilized if properly cooked and measured. Fruits are still nice too, provided you keep your carb total in check.

Keto is great when done with knowledge, but doing in a "dirty cut" is just asking for retarded trouble.
>>
>>35344318
One: 150g of carbs a day is NOT keto
Two: Keto is not a meme. Check out the /r/keto faq for more info
>>
File: eNlCsV0.png (139 KB, 469x401) Image search: [Google]
eNlCsV0.png
139 KB, 469x401
>>35344318
The no carb lifestyle is a gimmick. You can't run from the carbohydrate. Reducing the your intake of the nonessential macronutrient is a lot different then eliminating carbs all together. Keto will lead to a massive carbolapse and you'll wake up with your head stuck in a tube of Quaker rolled oats.
>>
>>35344536
>Keto will lead to a massive carbolapse and you'll wake up with your head stuck in a tube of Quaker rolled oats.
>>
>>35344536
you get outta here kiddo, carbs is 100% unnatural, keto is the human's natural state.

what did we eat as monkeys? well we're 100% evolved for chasing prey over extremely long distances, so the meat from our prey. maybe some vegetables if we were starving and tried to eat grass.

what do we eat thats carbs? bread, pasta, rice mostly. that shit doesn't grow on trees. fruit grows on trees, but fruit is basically a predator, it has to be ultra sugary and unnaturally tasty because thats its evolutionary imperative.

sooner people realize this, quicker they'll stop dying from heart attack cause they're scared of high fat intake.
>>
>>35344598

>carbs is 100% unnatural

Fucking moron detected
>>
>>35344703
eat shit kid you dont know what you're talking about. nice try tho, tryna make this guy fail at keto. probably projecting cause you failed.
>>
No, keto is not a meme and anyone who says otherwise is literally retarded.

If burning fat is your goal, give it a try. In the end, only you can decide if it actually works for you or not. It's definitely working for me.
>>
>>35346452

what about your muscle mass and overall gains at the gym on keto ?
>>
>>35344318
Cutting carbs? Enjoy your low energy and pms mood swings. But, hey, losing the water weight is worth it isn't it?
>>
>>35344318
It's convenient for cutting because it's easy to maintain a deficit, the food is relatively filling, and food choices are so easy you could be brain dead and still have it sorted out. That said, there's nothing magical about it and it's generally regarded as pretty poor for physical performance.
>>
>>35344439

>lean meats
>keto

If you're not in ketosis, it's not keto
>>
File: b8trickdeluxe.png (175 KB, 400x215) Image search: [Google]
b8trickdeluxe.png
175 KB, 400x215
>>35344318
>is keto a meme
>>
low carb = low test

Don't do keto unless you want no gains.
>>
>>35344598
>>
>>35346578
Keto is low carb high fat, your test and HGH actually go up during this period.
>>
>>35344318
>150g carbs
>keto
what????

keto =
>no bloat
>less waterweight
>more full
>better for carb sensitive people
>better for very lean people

people say u don't have as much energy but after 1-2 days u don't even notice the difference

stop asking "is x a meme" just try it for a week or 2 and see what happens
>>
>>35344318
fair warning op

the anti keto group on this board and the high carb raw vegan group are one and the same
>>
>>35346578
>No grains, no gains.
>>
>gets rid of the blood sugar roller coaster where you constantly want to reach for easy carbs (candy, pizza) so your cravings for shit food eventually disappear entirely
>easier to hit your protein requirements everyday when you're not indulging in useless carbs (which contrary to what most people believe is really a nonessential macro nutrient, your body can make glucose without carbs
>you're more likely to start eating vegetables to diversify your meals as the food choices are somewhat limited (note: you can still eat some carbs and enter ketosis)
>less bloating (carbs are largely responsible for gas production, because we lack the enzymes to digest certain carbs properly)
>diet high in fat and protein leaves you more satiated on fewer calories making you more likely to stick with your cut in the long term
>>
Keto is a diet created to help epileptics against having fits due to the amount of glucose present in the brain
>>
>>35344318
sounds like it results in bleeding from the asshole in a week.
>>
File: 1450694229300.jpg (353 KB, 1023x1113) Image search: [Google]
1450694229300.jpg
353 KB, 1023x1113
zyzz = keto fag
>>
>>35346561
Fish, oils, and butter provide more than enough fat, friend.
>>
>>35348695
dont forget most dairy in general
>>
>>35344392
It's been proven to increase metnal acuity.

I cycle in and out of keto every other week. Have not seen any negative effects on my health, doubt I would if I went full keto for a year.
>>
>>35344408
she actually looks and probably smells like shit. Can't believe I almost got trolled in to doing keto few years ago...
>>
>>35344439
Veges has way to much carbs in it to be viable for keto, you're much better off with a multi vit for your micros (yes, it works you faggots).
>>
>>35344598
>Appeal to nature

Anyway primitive humans were opportunists, they is to say they mostly ate fruits/berries, insects and scavenged meat, occasionally killing an injured mammal.
>>
>>35348746
for what it's worth i can provide anecdotal support for this

for a while i'd been suffering from a crippling state of confusion during my studies where i found myself unable to think at all (brain fog) which eventually went away once i started keto
>>
>>35346601
>Citing wikipedia

Fucking meme slide.
>>
>>35348314
Is it really so fucking hard to type out "you".

Fuck off and die you mouth breathing retard.
>>
>>35348654
>pasta

Far cry from keto
>>
>>35344408
>15lb of muscle gain in 1.5 years
Let me propose a simple explanation: She's lying and full of shit.
>>
>>35348746
>>35348788
>since glucose is the primary source of energy for the brain, fluctuating glucose levels in the blood can cause some short-term brain fatigue symptoms. For this reason, those with prediabetes/diabetes are at high risk for brain fog.
I'm pretty sure this why keto helps with mental acuity.
>>
This might be the best place to ask...

How do i get over those crazy carb cravings for the first couple of days? ive been trying to get into keto for about a week now and i just can't switch off "eat carbs eat carbs you need carbs get carbs" and it's frustrating

i need some tips here, please
>>
>>35344318
>Is keto just a meme
Yes and no. it has good points but bread isn't the devil
>inb4 gluten makes your dick fly off
>>
>>35348859
stop buying them and stop eating them

just got to do it cold turkey like another addiction

my cravings didnt go away until after maybe a month, i can look at a pizza now and feel nothing
>>
>>35344408
why a bitch gotta lie
>>
>>35348859

Wanting to starve yourself on keto diet eating low amounts of food just so you can lose weight. A diet that doesn't cover all your nutritional needs, but as long as you lose weight who gives a shit, right?

>thinking eating a lot of animal fats and meat and butter is healthy
>>
>>35344318

keto is a meme and used for tricking obese shits they're making progress when in fact it's just water weight.

Low carb (like 15% of your macros, maybe up to 20%) is legit for bodybuilding though, but only to keep a lean look without deflated muscles.
>>
>>35348907
>thinks keto means not eating vegetables or good sources of fats
go be retarded somewhere else
>>
>>35348931

>keto is so healthy I get to eat low amounts of vegetables and I get most of my calories from fat so I have to starve myself to stay in deficit. This makes perfect sense to me because i'm a retarded amerifat.
>yfw
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (388 KB, 3000x2069) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
388 KB, 3000x2069
>>35348962
>is mad because people stop eating pizza and potato chips
>b-but i'm so fat im able to create a deficit and eat and still enjoy my nutritionally empty crap
found the actual lardass
>>
>>35349001
>pizza
>nutritionally empty
pick one faggot
>>
>>35344318
from personal experience: keto is shit, try it for 2-3 months and see the results, you'll get fucked up
>>
File: yfw.jpg (6 KB, 263x191) Image search: [Google]
yfw.jpg
6 KB, 263x191
>>35349001
>thinks not being a ketofag means you have to eat junk food.
>Not realising I get to eat a variety of all the most nutritious food sources known to man
>Thinking pizza is bad for you. Again not realising he doesn't have to order pizza, but make your own healthy version in the comfort of your home
>not understanding pizza is only unhealthy when you're in burgerland, so even if you didn't feel like cooking you could still order a healthy pizza because you're not in burgerland

>yfw
>>
>>35348851
The study I read was specifically regarding the efficiency of neuron cells running on ketones instead of glucose.

The best results are actually a combination of ketones and glucose in the blood stream hence why I cycle in and out, my performance decreases towards the ends of both cycles before I switch to carb/keto (I'm an academic researcher so the effect is pronounced in my day job) and is highest in the days when I switch states. It works better than any known nootropic.
>>
>>35349053
how so? what happened to you?
>>
File: 1399607446803.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
1399607446803.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>35349067
>excuse me while i enjoy my nutrionally dense whole wheat bread and pasta!
lol
>>
>>35349001
Why do people think pizza is evil? People seem to think it's donut tier while it actually has

>High protein (from cheese and toppings)
>Can have decent complex carb profile depending on the though.
>Usually some vegetable of sorts depending on the topping

Pretty normal tier food. Can be healthy even.
>>
>>35349100
>though.
dough*
>>
>>35349031
>>35349067
>>35349100
>muh pizza!
go be fat somewhere else
>>
File: Nutri.png (50 KB, 1098x585) Image search: [Google]
Nutri.png
50 KB, 1098x585
>>35349127
Pic related is from a popular fast food pizza chain.

Tell me again how this is a bad food for your carb requirements.

Not to mention it has a lot of tomato paste etc. which is good for your skin.

Try comparing this to bullshit carb sources like fucking pasta or even oats which are all carbs with no protein.
>>
>>35344598
Successfully hunting enough meat for the whole tribe was actually somewhat rare/difficult and meat feasts happened like once a week at best. But our brains have evolved to the capacity they are thanks to help from nutrient dense cooked meat, which is why vegan/vegetarian is basically backwards to thousands of years of evolution.
>>
>>35344336
He means of the carbs he typically eats in a day, the total weight is 150 grams.
>>
>>35348820

read the bottom left you autist
>>
>>35349279
Just because he thinks he did "quick bursts into ketogenic diet" doesn't mean he actually did.

Zyzz was never very bright after all.
>>
>>35349279
Also I don't see roids mentioned anywhere on that pic.

Did he even write that?
>>
>>35348746
>It's been proven to increase metnal acuity.

Epileptics use ketogenic diets to suppress neuronal excitability. It does the exact opposite.
>>
>>35349569
>Look at me everyone! I read the wikipedia page xD
>>
>>35349912
It's still shitposting, even if you're being "ironic".
>>
File: 2015-10-22 13.11.13.jpg (39 KB, 418x269) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-22 13.11.13.jpg
39 KB, 418x269
>>35344318
Yes, it's a meme
Actually, all very specific diets for weight loss is fraud.
I tried very low carb for a few months, i couldn't sleep, think and i was fatigued all the time.

count your calories, that's all
>>
>>35349318
Zyzz was way smarter than you dumbfuck
just because he looks like a metro sexual meathead doesnt mean he is
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.