[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here used mass gainer shakes to successfully bulk up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 10615587-1395068394-710105ma.jpg (65 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
10615587-1395068394-710105ma.jpg
65 KB, 960x960
Anyone here used mass gainer shakes to successfully bulk up? (yes I know it's not the healthiest or cheapest option)
>>
>>35344124

just use brown rice + lentils if you wanna bulk up. It barely costs anything. Throw some pieces of chicken in it for super gains.

mass gainers are basically whey + a lot of sugar
>>
>>35344124
I havent but obviously its feasible. Calories in calories out etc
>>
>>35344151
Yes I know this argument and I said in the OP I didn't want to have that discussion. I was asking if anyone on fit had successfully used them and if so give details.
>>
>>35344175

well yes you will gain weight on a mass gainer... that's why they are sold afterall. Just pointing out it's not healthy and most of the "gains" will be fat
>>
just drink a bottle of olive oil you'll be fine
>>
>>35344151

>brown rice and lentils

yeah i enjoy punishing myself for eating too.
>>
>>35344225

>I only eat food that feels yummy yummy in my belly

confirmed for never making it
>>
Yeah I compete in MMA while lifting so it's a huge struggle for me to get enough calories in, hence why I dumped the whey protein and switched to a mass gainer. Majority of them are just loaded with sugar, but you can easily find one with low sugar. Just read the nutrition label and you'll be sweet, I definitely recommend using them.
>>
>>35344314
so sugar is the main difference between most gainers and plain whey?
>>
I'm on my 3rd bag of Mutant Mass gainer, it has helped me from 140lbs to 190 in 4 months now.
> pure fat blabla
no, I'm escaping Auschwits and I'm still fitting all my clothes, but the buttons over my chest are about to pop. I can recommend it, I've had trouble gaining weight all my life. I try to add an extra dinner each day, combined with gainer I'm finally getting somewhere! Hoping to get 200 lbs early january, maybe even before new years!
>>
>>35346971
you made it bruh
>>
>>35344124
Save money, Buy normal protein. Drink more milk.
>>
>>35346992
thanks bruh, not quitting now.
I have a friend at 260lbs 6'6 (t-rex mode) who've dared me to pass him on weight. I'm 6'0

We're all gonna make it brehs!
>>
>>35346992

yeah, he mad the junior sumo weight qualifiers.
>>
>>35344124
I kinda did. I used to have a shake every day, with either protein or mass gainer. I found that they didn't have as much protein as I could get in my standard shake (which was milk, oats and powder) and to get the amount of protein it'd take, I'd fuck my liver AND my bank account.

Much more cost effective to mix oats, milk and either protein powder or a cheaper flavouring. Like hot chocolate powder. Also, worked better. Plus, it didn't taste like shit.
>>
>>35345371
Basically yeah. Here's a recipe for a healthy and cheap mass gainer

>whey
>oats
>whole milk
>peanut butter (natural ofc)

Blend that shit up and drink

It's insanely easy to make a 1000+ cal shake
>>
>>35344151
>brown rice and lentils
>100g carbs, 10g protein

Yeah sounds great
>>
Ever heard of GOMAD
>>
>>35344124

No I use food. Don't be a lazy fucker and make some food.
>>
>>35348081
this desu

i make one in the morning, put it in the fridge and sip it throughout the day

400ml whole milk 256 cals
2 scoops whey 244 cals
2 scoops maltodextrin 392 cals
1 scoop oats 180 cals
5 tbsp olive oil 625 cals

total cals 1697

add that to your regular food and tell me you cant bulk up
>>
do you guys have some trick to blending oats into your shakes? mine always just ends up with the little oat shreds settling to the bottom of the cup
>>
>>35346971
Progress pics?
>>
>>35348110
What benefit dies maltodextrin have? I heard it's a cheap but shitty form of carbs but why not just use oats?
>>
>>35348110

isn't olive oil basically pure fat? wouldn't that taste really weird?
>>
>>35348867
Not him, I'm the parent comment to him but olive oil is "good fat", rather than trans which clogs up your arteries

Tbh its just a calorie booster. I hate it hence I suggested pb
>>
>>35344124
>there is a protein powder specifically marketed to those excuse-making faggots who think being a "hard gainer" is actually a thing

i didnt need those sides anyway
>>
Do not use weight gainers. They aren't effective.
>>
>>35348135
Add bananas. Keep adding bananas until consistency is dense enough. Yes, it won't be as liquid, but it tastes good and the oats won't be at the bottom while milk will stay on the top.
>>
File: split lentil nutr.png (29 KB, 340x720) Image search: [Google]
split lentil nutr.png
29 KB, 340x720
>>35348089
>>
>>35344124
1800 calories + 50 protine for ~$1 per serve

Its cheaper and easier than regular food arguably tastes better too. I would say it isnt healthy if you are replacing normal food with it
>>
>>35346971
pics nigga
>>
>>35344175
>Yes I know people say 2+2=4 but when I add 2+2 together I swear I get 3 I'm not lying guys seriously I am a Hard Gainer.
>>
The only decent commercial mass gainer there is is Optimum Pro Gainer. It's very expensive though. Really as long as you make sure you're not going way too far over your TDEE with mass gainers you won't get fat. However, most mass gainers have shitty sources of protein, including the one I recommended.

Buy whey, oats, whole milk, and fruit, and blend to make your own.

This is easily 1000 calories + 70+ g protein + 100+ g carbs:
2 scoops of whey
2 cups of whole milk
1 cup of oats
1 banana

Don't try to chug it, just sip on it until you finish it. Make sure you're not going above 300 calories over your TDEE. If that's too much you can sub almond milk for whole milk to lower the calories.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.