[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long does it take to be semi good at krav maga, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
How long does it take to be semi good at krav maga, I'm currently in wrestling but I was thinking on starting with it, is it really that good? Pic related
>>
Krav maga aka jew magic is literally a scam

Just learn systema or sambo or BJJ
>>
>>35339970
>BJJ
>Take fight to the ground
>Get head kicked in like a football by some fags friends outside a bar
>>
File: 1448142484724.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1448142484724.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>35339999
>the bar fight argument
>>
krav maga is one of the many fake self defense systems

any martial art that is not a competitive sport is a fucking troll system

GUARANTEED
>>
>>35340040
>>35339970
krav is the SS of martial arts. its a meme. Just go to an MMA place
>>
>>35339999
>>35340028
wow good thing you know kung fu. now you can really beat up 6 guys in a bar fight
lol stupid nerd
>>
>>35340040

Krav maga is one of the few remaining martial (as in meant for war) arts. It's the ones that have competitions that you have to worry about as they teach you how to play by the rules and not most effectively defend yourself.
>>
>>35339999
>[Any martial art]
>Group of niggers shoot you in the back
>>
>>35340084
The "bar fight" argument is fucking retarded, that was my point
>>
>>35340097
lol i know. every time i teach bjj to some freshman they bring up krav or the whole multiple attackers thing. (they are always the skinny fat nerds). I have to explain that krav in the US is a scam and that they should avoid starting fights with gangs of jocks.
>>
File: IwNhr.png (43 KB, 420x294) Image search: [Google]
IwNhr.png
43 KB, 420x294
>>35340040
It's not a competetive sport because it's SELF-fucking-DEFENSE you braindead dickweed. I'm not sure where you're from, but around here there are no referees to watch you when you get into a fight on the street.

mfw this thread full of retards not knowing the difference between competitive martial arts with rules and self defense training.
Yes please go learn your MMA and other shit, I'm sure they teach you a lot about how to defend yourself against a knife attack.

Krav Maga is what they teach soldiers for hand to hand combat when their life is at stake in real fight without rules. MMA is what you learn if you want to put on a flashy show.
>>
soldiers learn about enough martial arts to hold the enemy so their buddy can come along and shoot him.
how about you try to use critical thinking. look at the pic at the top of this thread. that knife defense kung fu bullshit is pure fantasy.
the thing about competitions and training it like a sport is that it allows you to use your moves on a fully resisting opponent.
most american scam artist krav schools just do those demonstrations where the one guys is just going along with someone else's shitty wristlock.
if your not sparing then your learning a bunch of fancy shit that doesnt work at all.
>>
>>35340183
>>35340086

oh boy

>too deadly meme
>knife defense meme
>used for combat meme

you guys are so new
>>
>>35340249
true absolutely true

but they wont listen they are sold the fantasy memes
>>
>>35340249

This. We did this in our training. You learn about 15 things and use those and guns until your buddy comes over and shoots the bitch. Or his buddy comes and kills you. Errybody is wearing body armor, helmets, knives, bayonets, full-auto rifles and a sidearm quite often. None of your bullshit knifemagic-kungfu applies. It's a huge can of who can take and dish the most whoopass until someone gets a shot off.

Fucking child.
>>
>>35340310
its always the guys who have never trained who think there is some super deadly one punch martial art. in reality their just afraid to go to wrestling practice or walk in to a boxing school.
>>
>>35340086
>krav maga as taught to civilians/outside israel
for self defence, fitness, at best tailored towards security/law enforcement purposes in private classes

>krav maga as taught in israel
a martial art actually meant for war
>>
>>35340394

>kung fu as taught to civilians/outside shaolin temple
for self defence, fitness, at best tailored towards security/law enforcement purposes in private classes

>kung fu as taught in shaolin temple
a martial art actually meant for war
>>
>>35338248

krav maga is a retarded fad meme.

just take muay thai kickboxing, boxing and jiu jitsu along with your wrestling.
>>
>>35340360
his lethal eye poke and ball kicks make him unable to train under pressure for the well being and safety of his opponent
>>
>>35338248
I started 3 months ago, 2 times a week 90 minutes each class.
I like it and for me it was the right decision to sign up for it.
The thing is that our coach really teaches us realistic scenarios and not bs. We learn to get fast out of a certain situtations. We do scenarios with 3 attackers and then you dont have time to fight each one but to fight one, use him as a shield and then gtfo.
We also have a specific exercise where you have to punch one guy holding a punching shield but you have 3 guys trying to avoid you to punch that shield, while the light is off.
There is alot of ball kicking I really dislike but in situation where your oponent is holding a knife, baton oder pistol you dont have another options.

The only negative thing is that the movement sequences are very complex. You have to do them over and over again, and after 4 weeks you wont recall everything.

I would say you need atleast 1 year to be semi good. And even then, we have very good guys I managed to stab with the knife in open scenarios, where they didnt know I had a knife.
>>
>>35340431
>but muh knife defense!!!
>i wanna learn how the jews of Israel flawlessly disarm a man trying to shank the shit out of me
>i actually believe this is possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma5-xYjjAEg
>>
>>35340457
holy shit dood
i guess the best self defense art is track and field.
>>
>>35340507
videos like this are good to wake people up to reality

no kungfu krav maga jew scam is gonna prepare you for this
>>
>>35340457
This is why packing heat is the only way to have any sense on security in our modern world.

The movies are not real, you cannot (it is very unlikely) for you to disarm an opponent.

The only reason Krav Maga worked somewhat for the jews is because they were the ones attacking the guards, not the other way around, they caught the guards off-guard (lol) and stole their weapons and killed them. In a self-defense situation YOU will be the one getting attacked.

What I recommend is packing heat, and then learning how to sprint.

If you get backstabbed, immediately sprint away to put some distance between your attacker and you, then pull your gun and fill the attacker with lead.
>>
>>35340541
what do you think of this advice when getting mugged?
"just drop your wallet between you and the crook, and fucking run"
>>
File: kravmaga.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
kravmaga.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Krav Maga is pretty easy to learn m8
>>
>>35340591
unless your entire life savings are in that wallet which you require to pay for life saving surgery the answer is obvious
>>
>>35338248

Krav Maga is just Judo

Israel has no culture so they steal it (and land)from everyone else because they're basically just Europeans.
>>
PIPEBOMB
I
P
E
B
O
M
B
>>
>>35340064
the ironic thing about your post is that SS is better for martial arts than your bodybuilder bro split
>>
File: juj.jpg (29 KB, 236x389) Image search: [Google]
juj.jpg
29 KB, 236x389
>>35339999
>Jujitsu.
>Not being a modern ronin samurai.
>Not every day caring a Glock and knife.
>Hanging around a shitty bar, getting into fights.
>Going to the ground at all, unless needed.

>Hurrr just do boxing
Then when you knock them out, you will crack their skulls on the concrete.
Hurr... man slaghter.
>>
>>35340572
You mite want to step it up.

>Level II vest with stab/ice pick level I.
>Flash light to blind them.

Fitness matters.
As does martial arts training.
Grappling, striking, weapons.
>>
>>35341310
>not just avoiding trouble
>that's too boring
>gotta try my kung fu irl and live my dreams
>>
>>35341341
>Not being a professional, fag that sits on his ass and eats donuts.
>trolling on 4chan
>>
File: mgPEEp2.gif (2 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
mgPEEp2.gif
2 MB, 426x240
gun kata
>>
>>35338248
You don't just get good you autistic faggot.
>Your ability to apply logical processes to physical form
>Your bodies ability accept certain motions as natural opposed to reprogramming the body to move the way you need it to
>Your desire to practice
>Your trainers knowledge in teaching

It could take 5 years it could take 20.
There is no answer,
Juijitsu took me a long time because I had to go from being a scrawny neckbeard to a leg and core powered manlet.
The training gym was open every day, we would go practice and grapple every day.
We had two scheduled training sessions weekly to correct form and enhance our movements for our individual body types.
You stayed later if you wanted to learn more, there was no "hey guys we are done for the day."
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.