[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Due to an accident in my childhood, my left arm is fucked. >can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1427145693845.jpg (158 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1427145693845.jpg
158 KB, 900x600
Due to an accident in my childhood, my left arm is fucked.
>can barely use it for anything else but grabbing shopping bags
>can barely lift anything with it
>looks deformed and unnatural

I've recently started to lift and I can't do any progress because most exercises reequire both hands to use. I'll never be able to do bench press or pull ups or even a couple triceps exercises.

Are there any exercises I can do to become fit?
Am I ever gonna make it?
>>
OP here again, I do have a lot of grabbing power so I'll be able to deadlift a ton. There are a couple of exercises I can do, but mostly there's things I'll never be physically able to do.
Can someone help me out a bit with a few suggestions?
>>
What's wrong with it? Have you talked to a doctor about options such as steroids?
>>
>>35337229
use db
db bp
db press
Have you gone to a doctor or physio to see if there is any options of rehabilitating your arm?
>>
>>35337251
>OP here again, I do have a lot of grabbing power so I'll be able to deadlift a ton
I don't mean to crush your hopes but are you sure you can use both arms deadlifts tend to be heavy?Unless you mean one arm deadlifts which are also bad to do since you'll fuck shit up.
>>
>>35337229
>my left arm is fucked.
Not a medical diagnosis. What exactly is wrong with your arm?
>>
>>35337229
>or pull ups
pepole can do one arm chin ups not sure about pullups like i said here >>35337440
dbs will be fine for your normal arm.For legs use machines.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: pFQCZUc[1].jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
pFQCZUc[1].jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>35337451
bullshit
>>
>>35337489
I stand corrected my bad.
>>
>>35337440
>db
I would have to use a heavy db for my normal arm and a light db for my weak arm. Is it ok?

And no, there's no way to rehabilitate my arm because the bone itself was broken. Even so it's a miracle in itself I can use my arm at all.

>>35337451
I can use my arm for just about anything other than pushing. The main problem is that my bone was broken and the triceps and shoulder muscles do not connect well with what bones are left.
In other words, I can pull like I would with a normal arm, but I can't push only minimal weights.
If I am to focus mostly on pulling and minimal pushing, am I ever gonna make it?

Just so you make an idea, I can do pushups even though I'm overweight, but when it comes to overhead db, my bad arm goes weak.
>>
>>35337525
A push-up is the same as a bench press.
>>
>>35337546
I've been thinking about this and I thought it's just my bad form.
When I pushup, everything is ok but when I bench press, my left arm (the broken one) tends to push in an unnatural way and the shoulder blade tends to stick out.
I have the same problem with the dbs and can't control the left one because the arms and shoulder blade go mad.

Can it be just bad form? How do I fix this?
>>
>>35337229
Post story and pic of arm and I'll help you.
>>
>>35337525
>>35337583
Just do pushups then. Add squats and dealifts. It won't give a perfect body, but it will be better than nothing.
>>
What are your goals OP?

You're greatly restricted by your arm and working asymmetrically is a bad idea.

I'd say stick with different squat variations and core work but mainly hit the rowing erg. Your arm shouldn't disadvantage you too much if your rowing form is good.
>>
What about surgery?
>>
>>35337229
I would focus on lowerbody and core, get some nice abs Anon.
I wouldnt even train chest or upper back since that fucks up your symmetry and probably isnt healthy for you.
Since your left arm is fucked up anyways, might as well hit your right arm and shoulders, your arms wont be symmetrical anyways.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.