[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you socially crippled/anxious/paranoid/autistic/ avoidant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1450773407265.jpg (185 KB, 1286x1254) Image search: [Google]
1450773407265.jpg
185 KB, 1286x1254
How do you socially crippled/anxious/paranoid/autistic/avoidant retards deal with crowded gyms?

Which hours are the typically less crowded at your gym?
>>
I'm not as bad as some ppl on here but I was scared shitless to go to the gym so I went at 4am when it was almost empty.

you'll get more comfortable the more you go, set small goals, maybe just go there, run on the treadmill for a bit and then get out. next time to 2 sets of squats etc.. until you do your complete routine.

now I joined a powerlifting gym. I'm by far the smallest guy but everyone is super supportive and teaches me stuff so thats nice
>>
>>35336839
>I'm by far the smallest guy but everyone is super supportive and teaches me stuff so thats nice
That's the dream
>>
For some reason going to the gym doesn't bother me. I have something to do and nobody talks to me.
>>
bbump
>>
I learned how to handle my autism by controlling my breathing. Typically when I'm in an uncomfortable situation I tend to not breathe as much, or take short, shallow breathes. Now I can focus on the task at hand, take deep breathes, and behave like a normal human.
>>
I play music in my headphones, ignore everyone there and do my workout. If somebody is on something I want to use I'll just do another routine until that opens up.
>>
>>35336726
Home gym. If I had to go to a gym I would be un/fit/. Simple as that.
>>
phenibut and modafinil
>>
>>35340400
This. Sure, I don't have space for any more serious stuff like a rack and olympic bar, but I'm making alright gains, which is all I ever wanted. I just know that going to the gym won't work with me. It's 30 EUR/month, I need 20 minutes to get there and I'd feel extremely awkward. So fuck that.
>>
>>35341155
You shouldn't use phenibut more than twice a week at max. Do you only lift twice a week?
>>
It was awkward the first few times but I normally go very early in the morning or super late at night.
>>
>>35341155
which brands do you get?

how pronounced are the effects?

is phenibut similar in effects to beta blockers?
>>
File: 697753.jpg (30 KB, 460x242) Image search: [Google]
697753.jpg
30 KB, 460x242
I go to our gym for 5 years now. At the beginning I was super awkward and was able to go there only with by gymbro.
Now I dont care what they think about my technique, about my max weights, about sounds that I make... I just dont give a fuck. It only takes time.
>>
File: 1443578703295.jpg (82 KB, 604x550) Image search: [Google]
1443578703295.jpg
82 KB, 604x550
Fatty here
190, and 6'1, look like shit on my upper body though because my tits stick out more than my stomach (thanks for the estrogen mom). Only good thing about being a fat kid is my calves and thighs are decently well developed.

I just go to my local country club at 8, it closes at nine and usually there is nooone else there. Sometimes soccer moms doing the eliptical or a dad on the treadmill.

I'm not morbidly obese, but still feel like a bitch for only squatting 130/140 since I am just starting out, but just keep going til you are in a comfort zone there, and when it gets busier, it won't bother you.

I took the same approach when running, I ran at night til I could be at a reasonable pace, and then started running in the daytime though the city, because noone really gives a fuck.
>>
>>35336726
I put in headphones.
>>
>>35343156
Genius O_0
>>
File: that feel when fit but no gf.jpg (50 KB, 406x451) Image search: [Google]
that feel when fit but no gf.jpg
50 KB, 406x451
>>35336726
I've never really had problems. Although I don't usually talk much. If someone strikes up conversation I'll talk with them, but otherwise I do my own thing.

I do wish I had a gym buddy though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.