[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/b log.html?b=news.natio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 677x825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 677x825
>http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com//health/fat-but-fit-worse-than-slim-and-lazy

Well that's it /fit/. It's better to be a hungry skelly who can't go up a flight of stairs than a fat marathon runner
>>
>>35336632
we already knew this. Who the fuck would want to be fat over ANYTHING.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 600x800
>>35336632
Would you ever
>fuck
>date
>marry

This midget in pic?

What if I could guarantee there was only a 1 in 10,000 chance of your kids being midgets, the other 9999 would be 6'+
>>
>>35336637
Depends, I'd rather be fat and able to do my job than a skelly who gets winded after picking up a small box
>>
>>35336645
But skellys are never in worse shapes than fatties bro
>>
>>35336637
right? fat is hell

>>35336641
nice try at derailing fatboy
>>
>>35336641
Without a doubt lmao
>>
>>35336656
some of the times they are. It varies from person to person

I would prefer to be strong and fat than weak and skinny

Strength is life
>>
>>35336656
Have you ever met a skelly? There's no way in hell he could survive a day on a job site with the fat tradesman. One skelly I knew couldn't do a single push up. A single push up. He started from assisted push ups. Can you imagine being that weak?
>>
>>35336641
Are midget vaginas shorter?

I don't want to worry about hitting cervix.
>>
>>35336632
comparing apples to pears

hungry skeletons have some advantages and some disadvantages
active fat people have some advantages and some disadvantages

just match them for either group so say its healthier.
>>
>>35336670
>>35336675
Shit no, I couldn't imagine that.

I reffered to
>a skelly who gets winded after picking up a small box

I think that a skelly wouldn't get winded, you're talking about if he's strong enough to pick up the box.

In popular culture, they're talking about low/high bodyfat and low/high endurance levels. Not strength levels. And it's just easier and more probable that a low bf% guy will be good at endurance training. If some fat guy has trained for it excessively, he'll be better at it, but then he probably wont be that fat anymore either.

I'm just saying, if you're talking about endurance, fat isn't going to help you, ever, and that's what OP is about too
>>
File: 1450211630095.png (689 KB, 830x770) Image search: [Google]
1450211630095.png
689 KB, 830x770
>>35336632
>fat marathon runner
>>
>>35336707
M8 i know skeles that dont have endurance either. Just because theyre weak as fuck they get just as fucked by some stairs as a fatty
>>
>>35336727
Damn man. That must suck. Skelly and no endurance.
I was a competitive swimmer when I was younger, so before I started lifting I was pretty much skelly/ottermode from that, but I could run 5-10k anytime.
>muh personal anecdotes
>>
>>35336645
>>35336670
>>35336707
The simple truth is a skinny guy can pick up chicks WAY easier than a fat guy. And I'd rather pick up a chick than "the box".
>>
>>35336707

You'd be surprised.

Up to a point, strength is endurance. Some of the skinniest fuckers out there have endurance and relative strength on par with obese couch potatoes because they've just got so little muscle mass.
>>
>>35336735
I mean its no miracle, he literally never does anything physical. He gained some endurance once my friend dragged him to the gym but he stopped going and now these little gains are gone. Hes really fuking smart though
>>
>>35336735
It's sad but true, these guys out there exist. The average skinny fat can't run a kilometer without passing out or perform a single pull up. Something about the skinny fat enrages me. Maybe it's because i was one before but I see them as lower than fatties or skellies. They're the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>35336948
definitely. If you're going to be skinny, have some muscle definition/vascularity at least.
If you're going to be fat, be bulky and get that natural fatty strength

I have a few friends who have a pot belly but arms as thin as their biceps too.
>>
>>35336701
No, their limbs are shorter, not their torsos. If you were to sit next to a midget they would be eye level to you.
>>
Problem is these "fat and fit" people are a near-myth.

I have met exactly 3 "fat and fit" people in my life.

And you know why? Because they were all semi-professional sports players that had to be fat for their role.
>>
>>35338692
exactly. Unless you're a strength athlete or whatever 'fat and fit' is a myth
>>
>fat but fit
>>
is there a better source? that's not a legit news source. I'm not disputing the findings, I want something more repetiable to send fat deniers.
>>
Hurr durr you mean all the /fit/ fatty "powerlifters" aren't actually the healthy tough guys they thought they were?
Gee bill color me shocked
>>
>>35336641
would fuck
>>
>>35336641

fuck and date, not marry
>>
>>35338821
They are not that fat though. If you reduced their muscle mass to an average amount, they would probably be barely overweight.

There's a point when you carry so much fat with you, that you can try to be fit all the way you want, your body still won't be able to compensate for additional stress 24/7 due to your higher weight.
>>
>>35336641
I would scoop her up and wear her like a condom
>>
>>35336641
I've always wanted to sexuality devastate a small woman. Wouldn't marry though - 50/50 chance of manlet spawn
>>
>>35338749
>I ran for 1min straight I'm fit as a fiddle
>>
>>35336632
>Marathon runner
When will this useless shit stop being relevant.
>>
Newfag here, and I still don't get how this is surprising?
Most health concerns with being fat hinge off of arteryclogging cholesterol and fat cells, right?
So obviously, if you have less fat, you probably have less cholesterol/blood pressure/fat, even if you aren't working out.

Although, being a skeleton has its own health problems, they're just easier to rectify, similar to how it's easy as fuck to bulk without strength gains, but harder to cut fat and maintain solid gains?

Is this bait or is OP just stupid for being surprised?
>>
>>35339981
It's an attack on the HAES idea
>>
>>35336670
>Strength is life

Until you die of a heart attack
>>
>>35336670
But if you're weak and skinny you're probably lightweight, too, so your boyfriend can lift you up in the air and that's amazing
>>
File: Link coffee.jpg (35 KB, 366x368) Image search: [Google]
Link coffee.jpg
35 KB, 366x368
>fit fat
Either novice or a liar.
>>
>>35341774
We're not talking about women here.

Also please reside in

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>35336641
Yes
Yes
Maybe.
>>
>>35336637
Powerlifters
>>
>>35336641
>>>35336632 (OP)
i would hit that raw no questions asked
>>
>>35336641
maor
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.