[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
inner chest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: build-inner-chest.jpg (19 KB, 409x245) Image search: [Google]
build-inner-chest.jpg
19 KB, 409x245
Hey /fit/, posting from my phone and the stickys not opening for me for some reason.

What are the best exercises to gain mass in the middle or upper middle parts of your chest? Specifically the green in pic related.

>tfw doing ss
>>
machine flies
>>
dips
>>
>>35336408
Incline press

Dumbbell press

Cable flies

Essentially anything that isolates the pecs, flat bench is mostly arms
>>
>>35336408
>inner chest

kek
>>
>>35336408
you cant specifically train your middle chest
you can train your chest
the middle just grows as you gain more mass

>>35336415
>>35336424
>>35336426
confirmed for never going to make it
>>
>>35336442
You're an idiot if you think you can't isolate the pecs

Please run SS over and over again and post results
>>
>>35336408
You need to do exercises that allow you to squeeze your pecs as hard as possible, such as the Pec Dec and Cable Cross-overs.

>>35336442
>you cant specifically train your middle chest
>you can train your chest
>the middle just grows as you gain more mass
This has been shown to be wrong many times now. Stop spreading this dogma.
>>
>>35336465

You can't read for shit.
>>
>>35336482

Please identify on an anatomical chart the individual muscle head that makes up 'inner chest'
>>
>>35336488
There are none. That doesn't mean you can't specifically train the inner part of the fibers though.

Go to Pubmed. Search for "regional hypertrophy". Become enlightened.
If you can't find anything, come back to me and I'll see if I can dig up some studies for you.
There's really nothing controversial about this anymore by the way.
>>
>>35336482
>This has been shown to be wrong many times now. Stop spreading this dogma.
By all the fake natty FagTubers shilling?

>>35336482
>You need to do exercises that allow you to squeeze your pecs as hard as possible, such as the Pec Dec and Cable Cross-overs.
yes because squeezing gives a bigger load on one side of a string you compress
go back to school before you sprout more of this nonsense
>>
>>35336504
See >>35336503
>>
>>35336483
You're dyel and weak

I total 1500 lbs at 200 lbs bodyweight, the only person here stronger than me is lotus and he's a selectively bred nigger so he doesn't count
>>
File: pec major innervation.jpg (229 KB, 1800x1224) Image search: [Google]
pec major innervation.jpg
229 KB, 1800x1224
>>35336408
while regional hypertrophy was long thought to be broscience, this is largely based on a misinterpretation of the "all-or-none law" which only applies to indivual muscle fibers.

however, there are muscle fibers that don't span the entirety of the muscle, and are not activated if the region in which they are located isn't contracted (Because the muscle fiber receives no signal)

outside of this, there are seperate pectoral innervations, that target different regions (And thus activate different fibers) of the pectoral, one of which is closer to the "inner" area.
pic related

i know people shit on jeff cavaliere a lot as well, but i have yet to hear an actual criticism of his points that he makes in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUaWwgd8p68

i recognize this thread as a troll thread, but it is actually more right than the "reverse broscientists" that think they are spreading scientific literacy, but really just don't understand all-or-none and motor unit recruitment, the fact non-spanning fibers exist, or how innervations affect fiber recruitment.
>>
>>35336523
Me:
>You can't read

You:
>I am strong

Thanks for confirming you're an idiot.
>>
>>35336523
>KEK DYEL IM 6'2 275LB AT 8%BF AND TOTAL 276428412LBS GET ON MY LEVEL FAGGOT!!!!11!!!1!

Also, if that happens to be true, multiple people in /plg/ out total you and that's just people who happen to have documented their totals so get off your fucking high horse.
>>
>>35336503
read it
>untrained men
>using their triceps
>cns has no connections
>different heads
>people rely on the tricep head they used most till that day

CONCLUSION:
The results suggest that nonuniform muscle hypertrophy after training intervention is due to the region-specific muscle activation during the training session.
>SUGGEST
>due to the region-specific muscle activation during
that is due to being untrained

also activation is not hypertrophy muscle growth
>>
>>35336526
i went to post some citations, but 4chan though it was spam.

go to
https://www.t-nation.com/training/made-to-order-muscle

and scroll to the bottom where he links his sources.

that is the bulk of it, and everything else can be relatively easily googled by researching non-spanning fibers and innervation of muscle fibers
>>
>>35336539
>>35336542
>being this mad

I'm laughing

I lift more and look better
>>
>>35336551
You make no sense.

>I lift more and look better

Than who? I've given you a source of multiple people who are stronger than you and that's your reply? And this is all based off you providing no evidence.

Whatever, clearly the other guy guy was right. I might as well be replying to a potato.
>>
>>35336426
>flat bench is mostly arms

fucking toppest of the tops of topkek
>>
I do cable crossovers for inner chest, do incline/dips for upper chest.
>>
>>35336551
jesus christ, is JM's cancer contagious or someshit?
pls stop shitposting.

>>35336574
some of us chest-lets have trouble engaging pecs on flat bench, and have OHP almost as high as our bench.
>>
>>35336539
hes got a point, he is stronger than you
>>
>>35336567
There's one person in Plg stronger than me and that's lotus

>>35336574
Small arms keep posting with your sub 2x bodyweight bench lmao
>>
semirelated question, my pecs seem pretty full, but lack definition at the bottom, is it theyre prolly still too small or does genetics also play a role? my friend whose much smaller than i already has way more definition than me
>>
File: plg.png (108 KB, 1144x662) Image search: [Google]
plg.png
108 KB, 1144x662
>>35336582

1500lb =680kg.

So yeah, no.

Also, Wilks score is a much better indication of strength comparison.

And you've still provided no proof of this elusive total so w/e. I'm gonna go deadlift now.
>>
There is one article from flex that teaches how to target your inner pscs, I'm too lazy to find it, maybe you want to look for it though. All of the movements are a bit unconventional, it's more of just to finish the look.>>35336408
>>
>>35336574
https://youtu.be/k_Lz2WWT2ZQ?t=9m22s

benching 400 punds with 16" arms
>>
>>35336482
Machine flies work you fuck stfu
>>
>>35336592
do some decline or dips
>>
>>35336426
Retard
>>
>>35336604

>isleybtfo.jpg
>>
>>35336619
>Machine flies work your chest

correct anon
>>
>>35336526
>I know people shit on Jeff Cavalier a lot as well
No idea why, he's based
>>
Do a set of bench.

Immediately after, let another man ejaculate on your chest, especially the middle.

The testosterone from his semen will be released and cause that part to grow.

Do as many more reps as you can until the semen dries up. That's when you've reached full absorption.
>>
File: ChestMusclesChart.jpg (80 KB, 670x559) Image search: [Google]
ChestMusclesChart.jpg
80 KB, 670x559
flies, cable crossovers, pullovers
>>
>>35336763
Why is that pic missing pectoralis upperus?
>>
File: B3lePrBCAAIzNOn.png (423 KB, 599x436) Image search: [Google]
B3lePrBCAAIzNOn.png
423 KB, 599x436
>inner chest
>>
>>35336779
It's a troll
>pectoralis inneris
Kek

There is only upper and lower chest, both used in the bench press. Once you bench press a decent weight (100kg and over for 5) you shouldn't have this issue, if you do then just do incline as an accessorie.

If op is doing SS he will look pretty weird with a filled out chest and no delts, traps, lats and arms.
>>
>>35336442
You CAN put more emphasis on either the sternocostal head or the clavicular head of the pectoralis major.

YOU are the one who's not going to make it.

>>35336408
To answer your question OP, what you are looking for are probably some sort of fly exercise that doesn't activate the clavicular head as much.
>>
>>35336853
>not knowing about the pectoralis inneris, outeris and upperis

>Not knowing the basics on the musculoskeletal system
How do you get by being retarded? Seriously.
>>
>>35336779
>>35336853
>>35336831
>>35336887
all you faggots need to read
>>35336526

you "reverse broscientists" are the ones spewing broscience based on your tenuous understanding of all-or-none
>>
>>35336779
there is a clavicular head of the pec
>>
File: asd.png (133 KB, 279x279) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
133 KB, 279x279
flat, incline bench and dips
>>
Triple what you are benching right now and i guarantee that your "inner chest" will grow. You can't just do flyes with 20lbs dumbells and expect to wake up bigger the following day, it doesn't work this way. Believe me or not strength is size, isolation exercises are completely worthless IF you are not progressing in compound lifts.
>>
>>35336916
>You can't just do flyes with 20lbs dumbells and expect to wake up bigger the following day, it doesn't work this way.
wtf, no one claimed this.

yes, triple your bench and your inner chest will grow, but it still won't be in proportion like OP wants. isolation exercises are useful to bodybuilders because they allow chosen aesthetic muscles to catch up without having to rigorously pack weight on an already heavy compound when an incline DB press will do it in half the time.
>>
Talking about 'inner chest' is like talking about 'lower calf muscle'

If you want to avoid a chest gap I'd suggest you kill yourself in the hopes of reincarnating as someone with better insertions.
>>
>>35337112
the middle is the origin of the muscle, not the insertion.

yes you can target the inner chest
>>35336526
but no, it won't change the origin of the muscle.

fortunately 9 times out of 10 most "chest gap" is actually just an underdeveloped chest
>>
>>35336408
>upper chest
LOVE this meme
>>
>>35337112
>If you want to avoid a chest gap I'd suggest you kill yourself in the hopes of reincarnating as someone with better insertions.

thanks for the laugh anon
>>
>>35336523
you aren't stronger than bryce, marcel and bodorio you massive faggot
>>
File: 14445733782.png (506 KB, 1888x2736) Image search: [Google]
14445733782.png
506 KB, 1888x2736
>>35336408

If you wanna know how shit actually works, from someone who actually knows their shit, read pic related.

If you wanna keep being uneducated and reading arguments between broscientists and people with no idea what they are talking about, without knowing the actual truth, read the rest of the thread.
>>
>>35338043
>Trappy
>gets all his information from random bodybuilding.com threads
Pick 2

There's only upper and lower pecs, if you think otherwise you're a retard lmao
>>
File: 1441704800711.jpg (20 KB, 343x357) Image search: [Google]
1441704800711.jpg
20 KB, 343x357
>>35338067

You didn't even read the picture, or you wouldn't be talking such bullshit.

Also, trappy is in medschool and has been part of a biomechanics research group. She knows her shit.

She also recommended books in that thread, so you can go and learn for yourself if you don't trust her.

https://books.google.com/books?id=THXfHT8L5MEC&pg=PA25&lpg=PA25&dq=Non-spanning+Muscle+Fiber&source=bl&ots=Hae6r59NCN&sig=AkPZo8uED5aXXrvsCAgT3x8WB2g&hl=pt-BR&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXiICugbvJAhUPnZAKHahCCuIQ6AEIXTAG#v=onepage&q=Non-spanning%20Muscle%20Fiber&f=false
>>
>>35338087
His advice and information is bias and full of misinterpretation.

Kill your self and take out trappy while you're at it.
>>
>>35338102

>didn't read the picture.jpg

Keep being a uneducated novice faggot.
>>
>>35338129
Enjoy listening to trappy, real fucking educated nigger right here yes sir
%100 fact, %100 pure scientific knowledge Yep

Only when u listen to a mentally ill degenerate who takes female hormones because daddy didn't hug him enough, and lives a life based off Japanese internet culture.
>>
>>35338146

>didn't read the picture.jpg

or

>read the picture but didn't understand shit because beginner.jpg

Pick one and gtfo.
>>
>>35338287
>autistic
>salty
>on suicide watch
>listens to a literal mentally ill degenerate
>probably believes the earth is flat too
Literally a child
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.