[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay people. Is the asian squat genetic or not? Any white people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: asian-squat.jpg (2 MB, 5150x3427) Image search: [Google]
asian-squat.jpg
2 MB, 5150x3427
Okay people.

Is the asian squat genetic or not?

Any white people who grew up in asia or whatever and can do it naturally?

I'm white and I can do it easily if I counterbalance with my arms out, but that doesn't really count.

And my other question, if I squat on the balls of my feet, will that effectively stretch my calves and Achilles until I can do the legit thing? because doing the counterbalance thing doesn't stretch my ankles at all, but squatting on the balls of my feet does.
>>
>>35336253
Im Armenian and it came to me easily but i have always been flexible because of doing certain sports.
I think its a cultural thing. Most Asians get into sports like gymnastics or martial arts so they are very flexible growing up.
>>
I can do it easily and I consider myself to have bad flexibility
>>
>>35336253
I'm white and I could do it before I even started getting fit. It amazes me that people can be that inflexible.
>>
It's not genetic. They can do it because their toilets are holes in the ground (not as weird as it sounds, just like a normal toilet but you squat over it). I was born and grew up in the West and it took me a while and some powerlifting coaching to be able to squat properly & that's with weightlifting shoes.. So did my parents. My grandparents however could squat naturally from having to squat atg simply to poop.
>>
Asians have shorter legs, it makes them able to keep a more vertical torso even when atg, whereas most europeans have longer legs and shorter torsos, which gives us a more pronounced forward lean.
>>
>>35336291

Yeah this is b.s. I have tiny asian legs and had real problems with forward lean when started squatting. It's because they squat from childhood simply to poop. See >>35336284
>>
Asian here, can confirm many Asian countries have squatty potties on the ground.

But I'm not sure that has much to do with it, I grew up squatting on toilets but my squat is ultra shit. My squat is 1.5 plate and my bench is 2 plate and I'm normal height(6'1)
>>
I'm white and I was always squatting in my seat in elementary school
>inb4 slav
>>
>>35336319
Being able to squat with good form doesn't make your squat powerful.

Are you saying you can't squat with good form, or that you're weak?
>>
>>35336319

Squatty potty probably means you have the ankle flexibility to go atg, not necessarily that you have the strength for it since it's just a single rep bodyweight squat afterall?
>>
File: E6080_491847_ebook_Main.jpg (28 KB, 580x533) Image search: [Google]
E6080_491847_ebook_Main.jpg
28 KB, 580x533
>>35336304
You probably have poor flexibility. Shorter legs mechanically have less forward lean.
>>
Goddamn, I can't believe my achilles are so short because of cultural reasons. Literally the only reason: My achilles reach full tension before my heel touches the ground.

this seems like bullshit
>>
>>35336319
Living in Japan here. It's really only public places (including schools) which have squat and most of them also have at least one western toilet.
>>
>>35336340

Yeah I have poor flexibility from growing up with Western crappers rather than Asian squaty potties, so culture of having a squaty potty since childhood is the primary reason asians from asia have good squat form not genetics.

If you took a 6'4" white nordic dude and raised him in SE Asia using squatty potties from childhood; and a 5'3" little asian dude who grew up in Western Europe or the U.S, and used sitting down loos his whole life; the 6'4" white dude would have better ankle flexibility and squat form. The genetics wouldn't have much impact.
>>
>>35336380
I'm not debating that the white guy would have better ankle flexibility, but take a look at the OP pic, the femur is about the same length as the tibia - the white dude would be able to go atg, but he would fall back unless he had a counterbalance like his arms because his femurs cause his whole torso to be further back. Yeah, the genetics would have an impact breh
>>
>>35336413
6'4 here. No problem squatting like OP pic. Literally doing it now.
>>
>>35336427
Height isn't related, the femur length is
>>
>>35336430
Other anon didn't mention anything about femur length. He just said a 6'4 dude. To which you responded a 6'4 dude couldn't do it.
>>
>>35336253
Yes. As others have also said, this is simple a matter of where your center of mass is.

Personally, while I can can easily squat down to that depth I cannot balance myself unless I stretch my arms out or have weights on my back.
>>
While the genetics argument is true. There should be nothing stopping you from doing it, people like to use the long femur meme to justify not stretching enough and lack of flexibility.

Just work on your flexibility and sit in a squat position for like 30 mins every day and it will soon improve; balance, stability and mobility.
>>
>>35336253
Im from Eastern Europe, all of my family can flat foot squat like that. I've never exercised it, I was born like that.

Genetics, I suppose
>>
I used to be 165kg and am still not skinny and I can do it lol, I think it must just be American genetics that stop you from doing it, not as in genetics that make you able too.
>>
File: Dong_3adc2c_5409998.png (857 KB, 418x1168) Image search: [Google]
Dong_3adc2c_5409998.png
857 KB, 418x1168
>>35336801
I also shit in the ditches like that. Feels amazing, the shit just falls out
>>
>>35336253
asians have narrower hips, westerners have broad hips
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.