[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is sodium "so bad" for you? Just curious, I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1445410555038.jpg (2 MB, 2292x3435) Image search: [Google]
1445410555038.jpg
2 MB, 2292x3435
Why is sodium "so bad" for you? Just curious, I don't watch my sodium intake
Obligatory bae picture
>>
>>35335584
Well you see, in the old days sodium was used as a preservative. Salt was basically a refrigerator. Now a days we have refrigerators and they work much better. Its not that sodium is bad for you, but you should be eating refrigerators instead
>>
Sodium is an essential mineral that has a lot of effect on how your muscles function but too much of it leads to high blood pressure and associated heart problems. That's my understanding, anyway.
>>
File: 1440196842490.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1440196842490.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
>>35335604
>>
>>35335604
This but also sodium isn't bad for you. You need it, and a good amount of it. The issue is American diets are lacking in other critical mineral salts like potassium and magnesium. Keeping these three in optimal ratios is key.
>>
File: 1448780640435.jpg (245 KB, 916x1280) Image search: [Google]
1448780640435.jpg
245 KB, 916x1280
>>35335611
So how much is too much?
>>
sodium holds waterweight, makes losing weight harder
>>
>>35335622
unf
>>
>>35335622
what do you think was the first thing Taylor masturbated to? keep in mind she was a country girl
>>
>>35335788
a cock after it woke her up
>>
>>35335788
Probably some bull rider that she saw at a country fair.
>>
>>35335788
Some girl.
>>
>>35335584
It increases your blood pressure and in retarded amounts also dehydrates you.
>>
>>35335622
There is no "too much" really, but after you have taken the essential amount you will only see negative side effects. But pretty much the more of it you eat the higher your blood pressure which will strain your heart more.it is. Fore a recommended intake google is your friend.
>>
>>35336177
jesus that was some shitty Writing, I blame my phone.
>>
>>35335584
I try to avoid it for the simple fact that it bloats the shit out of me.
>>
>>35335622
Why is this shitty girl so inflated on these boards? Litterally looks like your average sephora/la'senza shopper, typical average ugg wearing white sloot. fucking virgins I swear.
>>
>>35335788
People like you ask all the right questions.
>>
http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/microsites/salt/Home/Whysaltisbad

>Salt makes your body hold on to water. If you eat too much salt, the extra water stored in your body raises your blood pressure. So, the more salt you eat, the higher your blood pressure.
>The higher your blood pressure, the greater the strain on your heart, arteries, kidneys and brain. This can lead to heart attacks, strokes, dementia and kidney disease.

Sodium recommendations are <2300mg a day, and preferably <1500mg
>>
>>35336366

Also, high salt intakes also increase your risk of developing stomach cancer

http://www.aicr.org/reduce-your-cancer-risk/cancer-site/cancersite_stomach.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/
>>
>>35335788
Taytay dont masturbate you sick cunt
>>
>>35336309
top kek this guy even made a rage thread about tay what a homo
>>
>>35336366
Old bullshit studies pushed to make money for some groups of people.
Even 6 grams a day is considered safe by new studies.
Also, you have to keep in mind that anyone who eats processed food cant eat less than 2 grams of salt
>>
>japs are among the healthiest people on earth
>their sodium intake goes over 10g/day

checkm8 anti salt lobby
>>
>>35336366
These aren't recommendation for people who exercise and sweat alot
>>
High levels of salt in the blood increase blook pressure. Increased BP leads to increase cardiac workload, leads to left ventricular hypertrophy.

Eventually the O2 demand of the left ventricle is so great that coronary circulation (the hearts own blood supply) cannot meet the demand. Leading to ischaemia heart disease and coronary heart failure and the heart is no longer able to successfully pump blood arounder systemic circulation. This has many consequences. Including a predisposition to heart attacks and strokes.

In addition, and increase blood pressure predisposes to atherosclerosis (deposition of plaque in artery walls) by increases the mechanical strain on arteries. This means that arteries become narrower, also leading to further consequences.

High BP also puts an uncessary strain on the kidneys. The kidney's excretory system is made up of several fine structures. Blood passing these structures at high pressure can cause damage, over time leading to renal failure (potentially necessitating lifetime dialysis or transplant).

Watch your sodium boys
>>
>>35336378
No she lets black cock do it for her instead
>>
>>35337879

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/water.shtml

get fukt faggit
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.