[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to donate blood because i'm a good person >"oh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1360355991583.jpg (43 KB, 341x410) Image search: [Google]
1360355991583.jpg
43 KB, 341x410
>go to donate blood because i'm a good person
>"oh wow your veins really pop out, that'll make it easy to get a good draw"
>"oh good deal"
>"you won't be able to donate platelets though, your veins are too close to your skin due to low body fat and that could cause some problems"
>>
Donate some semen into her mouth
>>
>>35335536
my mom was there with me, she would not approve of that and i don't want to her to take away some of my christmas presents
>>
>>35335548

Donate some gdp for a blowey joey
>>
>>35335559
dafuq is a gdp? Good dog points?
>>
>>35335567
welcome, new friend! i'm so happy to have you with us. please, enjoy your stay! i promise you'll have more fun here than just venturing on r/4chan!
>>
>>35335600
thanks, dubs senpai
>>
Do plasma. It does a lot of good too, you can donate twice a week, and you get money for it! I've done all three and plasma is by far the best experience. It takes me just over 30min (as opposed to 2.5 hours for platelets) and you don't feel light headed afterwards like blood because they replenish you with saline at the end.
>>
>>35335884

What's the catch? I really don't see any downside to doing that and I can't see why they'd pay me $30 to do it. Is it extremely painful or time consuming or what?
>>
>>35335956
It could be extremely painful [spoiler]for you[/spoiler]
>>
>>35335536
>gf is a nursing student
>loves blood donation
anon you just saved me
>>
File: 1450068468959.jpg (16 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1450068468959.jpg
16 KB, 480x480
platelets, when will they ever learn
>>
>>35335956
plasma contains clotting factors so it has its uses. Not American so no idea about pricing of these things though.
>>
>>35335956
No more painful than a blood draw. The needle gauge might be a little larger, but if you have good veins anyways then it won't be any problem at all. I've made about $1000 since I started at the beginning of October because my center just opened in July so they've been doing bonuses to get people in. You can expect $50-60 a week though if you go twice a week. My center paid $50 for the first 5 donations so that was $250 in two and a half weeks right there.
>>
>>35337282
Also, what this guy said. There are different components they pull out of the plasma to treat different conditions. For example, I think the pull out the factor 8 clotting factor for people with hemophilia and those patients require something like 900 donations a year to live a relatively normal life.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.