[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mouth guard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Can a plastic dental retainer be used like a mouthguard in a fight? I mean does it provide any protection?

To keep /fit/ related
How can i increase my tricep size ? My biceps are big but my arm looks small because small tricep. Help brehs
>>
no. dental retainers are fragile and won't protect shit.
>>
>>35334215
>>35334237

Mouthguards don't protect your teeth, lads. Mouthguards are designed to prevent the ol' tooth-clack concussion.
>>
>>35334255
So is it fine if i use the dental plastic retainer in a fight? Will it provide me a slight advantage of not getting ko'd ?
>>
>>35334270

I guess if he uppercuts you? In a fight it's usually rotational or linear acceleration of the noggin that knocks you down.

In a fight your best advantage will be not getting punched.

Better yet, don't get in a fight ya dumbfuck. It's not worth it - if ya get punched and go down wrong you could die; if ya punch the other lad and he goes down wrong, you could be a fucking murderer. Stop trying to be a tough fucker and act like an adult.
>>
Dentalfag here.

Get a rubber mouth guard from Sports Authority, senpai. That nightguard/bleaching tray isn't going to protect you.

Mix up pushdown/overhead cables for tris.
>>
>>35334215
no, what are you, retarded?
>>
>>35335145
Quick question dentalfag can i get braces and get a custom mouthguard for mma
>>
>>35334309
>implying physical conflict has no place in an adult male's life

if you can de-escalate an unnecessary conflict then sure, great. But backing down from a threat is cowardly and weak.
>>
>>35335667
That feeling of bravado will not satiate death or prison

If you're being attacked then obviously fight back but otherwise just leave

*this is coming from a felon on parole who if was arrested for any reason let alone fighting would spend 5 years in prison
>>
>>35335353
This
>>
>>35334309
>act like an adult
that doesnt mean act like a cuck and let shitters walk over you

OP no it wont help
go to a boxing gym and learn how to fight
>>
>>35334215
Underage b8
>>
Unless you're underaged, in prison, or in a 3rd world country DO NOT fight.

Positive outcomes - Very few(at best)

Negative outcomes - Numerous

What is the point?

>>35336419
>that doesnt mean act like a cuck and let shitters walk over you

Yeah better to get a manslaughter charge or get your shit kicked in, amirite?
>>
>>35336419
insults from random, often drunk, people on the street whom you will never see again barely count as "shitters walking over you"
ive been into street fights, i do mma and i know that even a fight with unskilled drunk dyel can end with you becoming a paraplegic or worse
>>
>>35336813
b-b-b-but i'm manly now
>>
>>35334255
>>35334215
You dense fuck. Mouthguards perform a number of functions. They have to be thicker than a retainer and made out of an elastic material that can reduce impact. A mouthguard not only protects your teeth, but in extension, your brain, jaw and neck.
>>
A mouthguard serves a few purposes
>stops you taking a chunk out of your lip/cheek/tongue
>stops you teeth getting damaged
>reduces the likelihood of getting your jaw getting broken
>slightly reduces concussive force by distributing it
It won't stop you getting knocked the fuck out and I very much doubt a retainer will do any of the above to any meaningful degree.
>>
File: fit-lifting-gives-bad-teeth.jpg (213 KB, 671x1089) Image search: [Google]
fit-lifting-gives-bad-teeth.jpg
213 KB, 671x1089
>>35334215

mouthguards protect your gums and teeth from pressure in strenuous activities.
>>
>>35336729
Lol i won, it's ok, we bring buddies to make sure none of us does stupid shit. No hits behind the ears or near the hairline, and no lower kicks. I got knocked down once and the bitch tried to ju jitsu my ass but i got em.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.